View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I wrote a post and it got deleted before I could send it.

After reviewing the video, I don't thing the motorized wheel comes off, or is designed to come off the post. I don't see a screw or pin holding it on, and the "transport" position has the motor/wheel pointing out from the tongue. If there were a removable option, you'd think they'd have you take it off for transport. So I conclude that it is probably exactly what you see.

It may be ok for flat, smooth surfaces, but for any kind of incline, I would fear that the single wheel would start to slip. My powered dolly has 4 wheels to combat the slip on slopes. Plus, on an SL model with a swing-away tongue, I'm not sure there's sufficient tongue real estate to attach this. I know this is why you wanted to see if it could just replace the wheel on the bottom of the existing jack, and if it could that would be an interesting solution. I'm just not at all certain it can,and without asking the manufacturer (who I couldn't figure out, outside of the company selling it) there's no way to know for sure.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote