View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #22
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPolo View Post
Interesting post! I just got back from an 1800 mile trip, 900 with the TM 2922. I had three incidents of "violent" sway on this trip. If the Ford F-150 did not have sway control I don't know what might have happened on the first one. No sudden movements, no hard stops, just passing and pulling back in the lane. There was however strong crosswinds. I never had that happen with the Coleman popups of the past. I really don't think I need a WDH with this pick-up and it's heavy duty tow package, but I sure am in the market for an anti-sway device. The Ford pulled like a dream, almost no effort going over 9 mountain passes and got 13mpg while towing, but I won't feel safe until I understand the sway and get it under control. Any suggestions for anti-sway greatly appreciated.
Mark
I think I understand your sway problem. From the TM website: "The TrailManor 2922 Series fits an important place in our product line—three new trailers that offer the same highly popular floorplans of our 2720 models—but with a KING sized bed."

TM added two feet to the back of an existing model and did not move the axle back or add two feet to the front to compensate. You can see this in the model specific pictures on the website. The axle can not be relocated to the rear because the driver side wheel would then be under the commode. So now there is 2 additional feet of trailer weight and 38 cu. ft. of additional storage space behind the axle. It would be very easy to load this model in a way that would induce sway.

Bottom line: Use sway control with this model

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote