View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Dstrand100

Default Refrigerator will not cool properly

I thought I would post my reply here although my issue does not exactly fit this thread, but here goes.

My DW and I are on day 4 of a 14 day trip and our Norcold fridge will not cool properly. Before I give give details, I want you to know that we precooled the fridge for a day before we initially departed, cooled or froze everything we put in, got a small battery operated circulation fan, bought a 40-gallon thermo-electric cooler at Walmart (thanks to an earlier post) so we wouldn't stuff the fridge and have tried AC, DC, and propane with and without the fridge exhaust fan all on setting 5.

Now the issue: the fridge will not stay cold and there is a 10 to 15 degree variation between the top rack and the base of the fridge. We have erred on the cautious side because the temp has gotten as high as 60 in the bottom and 45 to 50 degrees in the top rack so some food has been thrown away. The freezer will freeze, but my Klondike bar was soft.

Outside temps have ranged from mid 70s at night to low 90s during the day. I even set up an umbrella on the fridge side of the TM so that area would be shaded.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or thoughts.