View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Cgermany

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Davlin, TM is reducing redundancy in their product lineup. According to my sources, they felt the 2619 was so close to the 2720 in most respects, it was not reasonable to make both models. So, the 2619 is no longer a standard build. However, as stated above, you can order a 2619 from the factory, and they will make it for you.

Just as they stopped making the 3326 series, but they can be ordered, TM is trying to right-size. Can't blame them for that, especially if you can order any of the old models you want to. No point in making models that are so close in size, I suppose.

Chance, if you feel you need a new unit, I would order it. Make the best deal you can with the nearest dealer, and go from there. I see one used 2619 available in the Eastern region, but that is it. There does not seem to be a plethora of 2619s available on the pre-owned market. May only be able to go new on that size. But, there are 2720s available. That may be the only way to get a good, used model, if that is at all an option.
Hi LoveToCamp,

I've located some 2619's on "oddle.something." The floorplan for the 2619 looks like a winner for me, so I will probably check them out if I decide to go for the Audi Q5. I'm leaning more and more toward a 2013 or even 2014 Merc M, in which case I might look at a toyhauler. I really like the idea of being able to elevate the rear bed to the ceiling and have a bit of a "porch" to relax in when it's raining, or even store ski equipment and the like when not in use. I plan to play hard in whatever I buy I'm 34 and will be tailgaiting, attending festivals, etc.

Anyway, still weighing the options. Getting 34+ mpg with the 4,400 lbs towing of a Q5 sounds dreamy to me, in which case I will def look at a used TM to get my feet wet.

Thanks again,

Chance