View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 02:32 PM   #22
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Gonna replace my Cherokee with a Tundra

Well, I bought it. Meet my shiny new 2003 Tundra (had only 85 miles on the odometer when I picked it up). Pic taken right after I brought it home:
http://www.rockymtnray.us/images_gen...ior%20crop.jpg

Specs: 4.7 L, 240 HP DOHC Lexus V8, 4 spd Auto tranny, 4X4 with Toyota Racing Development Off Road Suspension (super-duper Bilstein shocks, skid plates, tuned springs, 7X16 alloy rims, etc.); 3.91 Limited Slip rear differential, towing package (wiring and heavy duty tranny cooler). Taken together this gives me a nice 6900 lb towing capacity (710 lb hitch weight).

With the dealer's assistance, I traded in the P (passenger car) series tires it came with for these slightly oversize (275/75/16...'bout a 31X11) Michelin LT (light truck) tires...I now have 12 inches of ground clearance under the axles. In addition to the increased ground clearance, the LT tires have much stiffer sidewalls so they will be far better for towing than the soft P-series tires would have been.

Interior has lots of goodies as well: Captains chairs and nice console up front, 6 spkr 3-way stereo with 6-CD changer , power everything, and 60/40 folding rear seat. I find the double opening doors really handy for rear seat access.

Oodles of power, great handling, near-silent, and very smooth riding (feels like a high end sports sedan). And I got it for about $8500 less than dealer sticker price. ;D

P.S. And it also almost matches my TM's paint color!
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote