TrailManor Owner's Forum

TrailManor Owner's Forum (https://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General discussion (https://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dusty camper (https://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18679)

mmccawle15 10-01-2017 08:07 PM

Dusty camper

We bought a 2006 2720SD trailmanor and have had it out several times camping. We love it however, we do a lot of boonddocking and this requires driving on gravel or dirt roads. When we set up camp the inside of the trailer is usually very dirty. Sometimes there is even gravel inside the trailer. What can we do to stop this from happening???? The longer the drive on dusty roads, the dirtier the trailer.

mecicon 10-01-2017 08:12 PM

Drive slower.

handjstar 10-02-2017 06:53 AM

Dirt

Same problem so we plan to clean every time it is opened in prep for next trip. Donít think there is away to keep road grime out of TM

Sterman 10-02-2017 09:11 PM

If you look underneath where the shells join, you may see gaps. That's likely where the dust is coming in.

oldstick 10-03-2017 04:25 PM

I agree, there always seems to be dust on the counters inside ours, even after we clean it before a trip. I was thinking of maybe cutting some pool noodles or pipe insulation tubes in half and stuffing those up into the shell gaps before traveling down the road.

But that is a heck of a lot of trouble to go through for a camper that originally retailed for 30K....:confused:

wbmiller3 10-04-2017 06:07 PM

I don't know an answer to this either. It even gets in the drawers and such. We've taken to storing the silverware in ziploc bags to keep from having to wash them before use!

Larryjb 10-04-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldstick (Post 139592)
But that is a heck of a lot of trouble to go through for a camper that originally retailed for 30K....:confused:

Still beats a 10 or 15 thousand dollar tent trailer that has at best a potty and an outside shower. And no "walls" I'd never have gotten my wife into a tent trailer. It means a lot to her to have a toilet that isn't in a bathtub.

Sterman 10-04-2017 10:01 PM

Might be able to pull the sections together from underneath with ratcheting straps.

handjstar 10-05-2017 05:44 AM

Blower

I routinely take a battery powered leaf blower with me to blow leaves, etc. from campsite to avoid falls. I also blow the bottom end of TM off before opening and it seems to help. It also helps stoke the campfire �� bigtime.

BrucePerens 10-05-2017 11:24 AM

We routinely sweep the back shell after lowering it, and before lowering the front shell. We use a brush with an extension rod. You will get more crud in the trailer if you don't do that.

One thing to consider is that something might be creating a vacuum in your trailer as it's pulled, and that is sucking in the dust. Because the dust has to go up a few feet to lodge in the trailer rather than just between the shells where it will fall out when the shells are opened.

The AC and vents end up on top of the back shell, so it's probably not them. Most of the windows end up against a shell when closed. My main suspect is the vents under the converter and under the 'fridge, as those are still open to the inside of the trailer when the shells are closed. I seem to have less dust since I installed a compressor fridge and sealed all around the sides and bottom of the 'fridge. There is a big opening under the gas 'fridge that admits cold air and rodents which chew out the plastic mesh in the 'fridge vent.