PDA

View Full Version : new member

HIKERZ
03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I have actually had the trailmanor for about a year. I decided it was time to join. I also wanted to remark about the florida camping that had been inquired about. The FL. State parks are great. Beaches, rivers, springs, and swamps. The downside is do not expect to roll in a get a spot. You really need to reserve well in advance

Wavery
03-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Welcome to the TM Owners Forum.....:)

Scott O
03-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Welcome. One of the major reasons that this is a very helpful forum are things like the tidbit of info you tossed out. Thanks for that and hope you become a "regular" around here!

HIKERZ
03-20-2010, 06:40 AM
I have seen several postings where people have mentioned dropping their units with the fridge on batt and then plugging into an AC outlet overnight. I am wondering if this is possible with the OEM battery or do I need some form of upgrade. I like the idea of having everything ready to go for an early start, but I wouldn't like the idea of an unknown dead battery in the TM. Thanks

Bill
03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
By "dropping", you mean "closing", right?

If your TM is plugged into shore power, you can set the refrig on "Battery", close the TM (or not), and your refrig will cool just fine. Be sure to turn on the refrig fan - the switch on the front apron of the kitchen sink. As long as you are plugged into shore power, the TM's converter provides the power to run the refrig, and keep the battery charged at the same time.

Bill

rumbleweed
03-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Make sure you check two things That there is actually a wire going from the battery to the 12Vpin on your seven pin connector. If you have one, make sure it is a heavy gauge and that you have little voltage drop at the plug when the TM is plugged in with the fridge running. Many vehicles either do not have the 12V pin connected or the wire gauge is too small.

HIKERZ
03-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the help-this bit of info in itself justified the small fee to join the forum