PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

TMkev10
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello all. I have been lurking here for a couple of months as a guest but thought I would sign up and send Chris a check now that I have ordered my new 2010 2720. Went to the rv show in Springfield, MA two wks ago and met with Deric and Debra from MCD. Really liked what I saw and how I was treated so I went to the show in Prov. RI this weekend and jumped right in. There is so much great stuff on this board and I'm sure it will be a big help when the minor problems that may show up come about as well as general maint. issues. Thanks to you folks for all the upbeat talk about these units, I think that is what really sold me on it.
Kevin :new_newbi

Alvega007
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Welcome from Lancaster, PA

P and B
03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Kevin,

Welcome. We bought our TM from MCD a couple of years ago and they were, and are still, really great to deal with.

Have fun with the new toy. It will seem a little complicated at first but after you forget to put the step up a few times, you'll get the hang of it.

Phil

Redhawk
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Welcome Kevin!

ginastarwalt
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
We bought our '07 2720 three weeks ago. After reading this forum and deciding we wanted a TM, we found for the exact TM we wanted and we were able to buy it used. It was in Sturgeon Bay, WI a short 6 hour drive from our house. We bought it, camped two nights at the local state park and love:new_newbi it as much as we hoped we would. Thanks to all the info gleaned on this site, we knew what we wanted and recognized it when we found it.

Wavery
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi Kevin,

Welcome. We bought our TM from MCD a couple of years ago and they were, and are still, really great to deal with.

Have fun with the new toy. It will seem a little complicated at first but after you forget to put the step up a few times, you'll get the hang of it.

Phil

:p I thought that we were the only ones that did that :new_bdays.......how aggravating that used to be......:new_cussi

P and B
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh no. I did it once last year the first time out. It takes me once in the spring to get my arms around the list in my head ;-)

Phil

PopBeavers
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Don't forget to verify that the for corner latches don't get pinched when the shells come down. Forgetting the step is just annoying, it doesn't break. The corner latches break.

I bought 4. I anticipate I will do it again some day.

P and B
03-09-2010, 05:47 AM
That's a good one too. I usually don't have an issue with that one because I use pins to secure them so it takes some effort to pull the pins and while I'm at it I pt them in the right place. On little annoying thing that doesn't get much attention is the little plastic ring that secures the furnace door in place. I left that sticking out (I'm guessing in the vertical position) and when I closed the shells it snapped off. No big deal I thought until it came time to put the new one on. I actually had to go up to MCD for a lesson ;-) I carry spares in my toolbox but I'm sure I'll never remember how to put another on if I break one.

Phil

Jim&Joan
03-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the tribe.

We just bought ours last fall and only have two trips on it, but really enjoy it so far. Our next trip is planned for a couple of weeks from now. We are looking forward to this summer.

wmtire
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
:p I thought that we were the only ones that did that :new_bdays.......how aggravating that used to be......:new_cussi

I still do it and/or forget to pull the bed slide locks, but only when I have onlookers. :new_cussi

Wavery
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
What's really aggravating is getting to the dump station, waiting in line for an hour, pulling the black-water release handle and nothing comes out .....:eek:

That means.......pop up the roofs, open the trailer, lift the wall to the toilet and pull the handle under the toilet (that I should have pulled before popping down).....while everyone behind us watches and growels......:new_cussi

That's one mistake that you will only make once.......:cool:

wbmiller3
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Mine is a putting-up mistake. I never remember the radio antenna until it's too late. Oh well, it's fun boosting my wife up to flip the antenna up.

P and B
03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
You know Wayne, that not being able to pull the toilet handle from the outside seems like something that could fixed with an electric motor or something. I've done that too and that one is a major pain.

Fortunately, the newer TMs don't have a flip up radio antenna. If I had one, I'd be tempted to put up a fixed one ;-)

Phil

TMkev10
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like all sorts of little mistakes to make, (and I will) but,we are going to have fun in the process
Kevin

Wavery
03-09-2010, 06:42 PM
You know Wayne, that not being able to pull the toilet handle from the outside seems like something that could fixed with an electric motor or something. I've done that too and that one is a major pain.

Fortunately, the newer TMs don't have a flip up radio antenna. If I had one, I'd be tempted to put up a fixed one ;-)

Phil

I was even thinking of turning that valve around and having it pull from the outside, with a cable or something.

To tell the truth, I don't see the need for that stupid valve. Why couldn't it just stay open? I forget to close it before charging half the time anyway. Once you charge it, there's no point in closing the valve.

Does anyone just leave the valve in the open position? I suppose that you'd have to cut the shaft so that no one can step on it.

P and B
03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
That's actually a great question because the outgoing pipe from the toilet can't hold that much more water to get it to "charge".

ShrimpBurrito
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM
One advantage of keeping that valve closed is that is keeps sewage out of the transition from the toilet to the pipe in the floor. If you travel on rough roads with anything in the toilet and it shifted a bit, you could potentially have a bit of a sewage or blue water leak.

I can tell you from experience that even a small sewage leak in the TM is...umm....not fun. Not the end of the world, of course.

Another advantage, and I think this is a better reason: ordinarily, you need ~3 gallons to charge the toilet. Let's say you keep the valve open, and you charge the toilet. You'll need ~4 gallons, and you have not increased your black water holding capacity. The toilet will still only hold the same amount as if you charged with the valve closed.

However, if you charged with the valve closed, the toilet got full, and THEN you pulled the valve, VIOLA! Now you have an extra gallon of capacity.

Dave

TexasCamper
03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Since it looks like this thread is becoming a list of fun lessons learned of what NOT to do when setting up / taking down, I'll add one......

when setting up the bathroom walls, don't let anyone (say, your DH or DW) distract you, making you stop while being "half done"....

I had the first bathroom wall up but was distracted before I latched it. Within less than a minute, before I could latch it, the "source of my distraction" leaned against the wall and it came crashing down, damaging the wall hinge.

TMkev10
04-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Finally picked up the new toy today. Got it backed into the yard, secured, leveled and plugged in. Will have to wait for the weekend to open and setup inside for camping. Will probably be a couple or 3 weeks before I can take it out for its shakedown. Looking forward to a lot of long weekends this year.

Wavery
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Finally picked up the new toy today. Got it backed into the yard, secured, leveled and plugged in. Will have to wait for the weekend to open and setup inside for camping. Will probably be a couple or 3 weeks before I can take it out for its shakedown. Looking forward to a lot of long weekends this year.

I recommend "Camp-driveway" for a couple nights. It's amazing what you will learn and what you will forget.......it's nice to be close to home so that things are accessible to pack in the camper as you learn what you need.;)