PDA

View Full Version : They do exist - TM sightings 2010

Bill
01-01-2010, 08:27 AM
The "TM Sightings" thread was started in 1993 by ColoradoCop, one of our best contributors but now gone by the wayside. Can you imagine how long ago that was, and all that has happened in the meantime? It has been a lot of fun, but that thread got unwieldy at more than 400 posts.

Wayne (PopBeavers) suggested that we terminate the original thread, and start a new one on the same topic for the current year. I think Wayne's idea was a good one, so I'm going to close the old thread, and start a new one right here. Keep those reports coming, folks!

Bill

kayakgirls
01-02-2010, 01:27 PM
You may spot us as we continue our "Road Trip USA" adventure! On Thanksgiving Day '09, we left Pennsylvania on the first leg of our trip to visit the Lower 48. We plan to stay in our rig continuously for the next year, traveling all over the USA. Some days, we're sure the only thing holding our 1996 2720 together is rust and a prayer!

Keep an eye out for us and wave or honk if you see us! We're thankful for this forum. It gives us answers and contact with all of you.

You're welcome to visit our blog at http://kellysuzie.blogspot.com

B_and_D
01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
B and I were taking a walk late this afternoon (it finally stopped raining) along Seacliff Beach on our way to New Brighton and saw a TM in the hookup section. It was newer, towed by a dark green/blue? Armada. I think it was either a 2720SL or 2720SD. Knowing how we (DH) likes to talk (and how long it takes sometimes) we decided to just continue with our walk instead of saying Hi since we had limited time. I didn't recognize the couple from the TM rally or any of our previous TM encounters. If it's clear tomorrow I might take another walk along the beach and say Hi if they are still there.

New Brighton was completely empty except for one older motorhome that pulled in while we were walking through. Lots of tree limbs down and some yellow tape around the amphitheater seating.

Seacliff had no one in the non-hookup section except the campground host, and the hookup section was about 5/8 full. The tide was really high, lots of huge pieces of driftwood along the shore. We've had some pretty big storms through here this past week; it's always fun to walk along the beach and see what has washed down the creeks & rivers. It should be nice to stay at the beach this evening and listen to the huge waves crash on the shore.

Wavery
01-23-2010, 07:49 PM
We were camping at SanClemente SP, CA Jan 8-11 and the campground host had a TM 2720 (about the same year as ours). We went over a couple times but no one was home......:cool:

PopBeavers
01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Does it count that I saw three at the RV show yesterday? The new dealer for northern California was there.

OneMoBear
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
There is a 2720sl at the Butterfield rv resort where we are staying in Benson, AZ! Not at the KOA thanks to you know who you are! Dodging storms we are!

Malinda

Bill
01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Please post a review of Butterfield. We plan to stay at Triangle T next time we are down there, but more input is always good.

Bill

OneMoBear
01-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I'll do that once it quits pouring down rain. So far, the park is spotless and the people seem really nice. There is a train fairly close but we're used to that and it won't bother us.

Malinda

01-28-2010, 09:57 AM
There is a 2720sl at the Butterfield rv resort where we are staying in Benson, AZ! Not at the KOA thanks to you know who you are! Dodging storms we are!

Malinda

What's wrong with KOA?

OneMoBear
01-28-2010, 10:07 AM
In general, absolutely nothing. We stay in them almost exclusively while getting from point a to point b. The one in Benson just doesn't get very good reviews.

Malinda

B_and_D
01-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I saw another 2720SL this afternoon, but it was at New Brighton State Beach campground. Whoever owns it must have a dolly, because it was turned around sideways in the site (I wish we could do that sometimes). Nobody was home, but they had a beautiful, ocean-front premium site and had turned the TM around so that the door opened towards the ocean. Nice view! Aside from the ocean-front sites and the hookup sites, there were many sites available.

We had some pretty good rain here last night, and there were quite a few tent campers in the campground. Some had tarps over their tents; others had dug trenches around the tent to divert the rainwater. The tide was really low, there were lots of people walking their dogs, jogging, and looking for seashells and beach glass. High tide was 6.4 ft this morning at 9:37 am, low tide was 4:37 pm at -1.3 ft.

And then I got back to my car and realized that I had left my headlights on, and I had to buy a new battery from AAA because my old one was completely dead, but that's another story. At least I had a really nice, long walk. It was worth it.

kayakgirls
02-15-2010, 08:35 AM
On Friday, February 12, we saw a 2720, newer model, at the Linger Lodge RV Resort in Bradenton FL. We were checking out the place for ourselves, for next week. Since it was pouring down rain, we didn't introduce ourselves.

B_and_D
02-15-2010, 03:05 PM
DH just saw a 2720, newer, towed by a Honda Odyssey heading south on Highway 1 through Capitola.

Thank goodness somebody is out there camping!

Wavery
02-15-2010, 05:22 PM
DH just saw a 2720, newer, towed by a Honda Odyssey heading south on Highway 1 through Capitola.

Thank goodness somebody is out there camping!

We were camped at Lake Casitas this weekend and saw a 2720 go by....

CAmark
03-14-2010, 04:09 PM
We were touring the area for a long weekend ("hotel-ing" it) and stopped in to see the campground at Pismo Beach State Park - North Campground, what a great looking place to camp. We spotted what I think was a fairly new 2619 in the campground but nobody was home. Hope you enjoyed your time on the beautiful Central Coast as much as we did -- it would only have been better with the TM.

Mark

Larry Gault
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
We seen our first TM while out on our trip to Carlsbad. On the way home we stopped at the McDonald's off I10 in Ft. Stockton. When we came out to continue home they were parked right beside us. The DW and I were so surprised, what are the odds.

PopBeavers
03-29-2010, 07:07 PM
We were touring the area for a long weekend ("hotel-ing" it) and stopped in to see the campground at Pismo Beach State Park - North Campground, what a great looking place to camp. We spotted what I think was a fairly new 2619 in the campground but nobody was home. Hope you enjoyed your time on the beautiful Central Coast as much as we did -- it would only have been better with the TM.

Mark

In September you will see a lot more TMs around there. That is when the Fall Rally will occur.

Jim&Joan
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Returning from Louisville, KY on March 21, we saw a larger TM east bound in the rain on I-64 in IL just outside of St. Louis. I couldn't tell what model, but it was bigger than a 2720.

TrailGuy77
03-31-2010, 09:32 PM
I was in Northern San Diego County around 2:45 this afternoon headed south on Interstate 15 freeway near Fallbrook CA when I saw the tail end of a TrailManor.It was a 2009 or older because it had the previous graphics with the rear window stone guard.I could not get a better look at it or the tow vehicle because I exited just behind it at Mission road.Glad to see one though!

TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023,Electric Tongue Jack
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2" Exhaust,Draw-Tite Brake Controller,Eaz-Lift 1000 LB WDH

mtnguy
04-05-2010, 09:18 AM
This morning ~10a (4/5/10) I spotted a newer model Trailmanor being pulled by a white SUV north bound on Rt. 29 in Ruckersville, VA.

HIKERZ
04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
While at Rainbow Springs, FL over spring break there was a Trailmini with TN plates

gocntry
05-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Just Got Back From A 10 Day Trip To The Gulf Of Mexico (Florida) On The Way Down (Saturday April 21st) I Saw A TM Headed North On I-75 About Exit 258? I Think Midafternoon. I Was Headed South So I Didn't Get A Real Good Look.

On The Way Back Saturday May 1St I Passed A TM On I-95 North In Georgia, It Had Texas Tags And Was Being Pulled By A Purple/Plum Colored Trailblazer

M&M Hokie
05-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I have owned my TM since July of last year and had yet to ever see one other than my own (except for the ones we saw at CustomRV in Anaheim when we went to go buy one).

Well today that all changed as I finally had my first real world sighting. It was only a glimpse. I was waiting at an intersection several cars back at a red light and a blue-ish TM of uncertain age (it had the window cover on the back) and length cruised through the intersection being pulled by a dark-colored GM SUV.

I don't know who it was cruising through Santa Maria, CA toward the airport at 7PM but thanks for finally allowing me to cross that off of my list.

(moved from new thread. for some reason attempting to post here earlier today didn't work)

Oh, and B&D, I plan on going to Pismo rally, if I do not have conflicting plans. I have potential business trip outside of the country and that particular weekend is also the weekend of a half-marathon I am considering running.

Beak12
05-12-2010, 08:25 PM
On our way (May 12, 2010) to Malibu Beach CA we stopped at a rest stop just N or Oceanside CA. And a TM (new style tail lights) with Massachusetts plates. Drove by us as we rested. :)

B_and_D
05-13-2010, 08:49 PM
On Tuesday, May 11, 2:30 pm, going north on Highway 85 in San Jose/Cupertino, CA my son saw a TM going north too. He said that there were a couple of kayaks on top of the TM and that there was a lady and a man in the TV.

Anyone here?

HappyWDWCampers
05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
On Thursday 5/13 in the morning (likely sometime between 7:30 and 8:30) I saw a 2720 moving southbound on US17 in Arizona, around 50 miles south of Flagstaff, pulled by a Ford 250 or 350 (could not tell which).

Pretty cool... I see others on the road once in a blue moon. :)

kempert
05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Right now there are 3 TMs in the Saddlehorn Campground in Colorado National Monument. One is from UT, one is from CO, and the host is from VA.

LizarooK
05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Yesterday, May 16, we stopped at a rest stop off I-5 going north towards San Jose. We parked next to a 25th anniversary 2720sl with AZ plates. ( I think)
There was a couple in the TV, we waved, but they seemed in a hurry and we didn't chat. This was the first TM I have seen on the road!

rumbleweed
05-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Pulled into registration at Killens Pond in De. and while waiting to register ( they enforce the 1:00 Pm check-in time to the minute as we had to wait till 1:00 PM to register) a 25yr old TM pulled in right behind us. It was interesting seeing the improvements over the years.

gmferg
05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
5/31/2010 ~ 4pm DW spotted a TM going in opposite direction. I only saw in rear view as I was driving with tunnel vision. It was a quick blur so we don't have any details, not even model TM. DW thinks the TV was a full size GMC type pickup. We were close to being home from our Lake Tahoe weekend. DW wanted to play a new game: slug TrailManor.

I'm expecting to see the spotted TM post here soon as they had to see my TM also.

M&M Hokie
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
First time seeing another TM in a campground. It was a 2720SL. Briefly spoke with the owners and they are just as much in love with theirs as my family is with ours.

Interesting side point, during this trip we were visiting with friends who own a Casita 17 footer at their campsite and a guy walked up and introduced himself as another owner/fan of the Casita line. I think the Casitas have a lot going for them but I would have a hard time moving into one of those after staying in my TrailManor. Listening to those two chat they had the bestest trailers ever. I suppose that is what I sounded like chatting with the 2720SL owners.

I guess everyone falls in love with the rig they got!

mtnguy
06-01-2010, 07:07 AM
We spotted a TM at Big Meadows Campground in Shenandoah National Park on Sunday, 5/30/10.

PopBeavers
06-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I saw two this weekend:

1. Eastbound on CA 108 near Long Barn, CA in the afternoon of Friday May 28. I did not realize it was a TM so I barely saw the TV. It appeared to be a white sedan. Probably headed to Pinecrest. Good thing the were traveling on Friday because on Thursday morning chains were required 7 miles east of Long Barn.

2. Eastbound on CA 108 near Escalon, CA. Towed by either a dark SUV or a dark truck with a camper shell.

rotor_wash
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
We spotted a TM at Big Meadows Campground in Shenandoah National Park on Sunday, 5/30/10.

That was me. Roscoe the Wonder Dog and I were on 8.8 mile loop hike on Cedar run and White Oak canyon. I think it rained an inch or more coming out.

mtnguy
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
That was me. Roscoe the Wonder Dog and I were on 8.8 mile loop hike on Cedar run and White Oak canyon. I think it rained an inch or more coming out.

Hey, it is great to hear back from someone with 1 of the spotted TMs. We have already camped at Big Meadows 1 time this year.

We rode through about 3p in a Jeep with the top down.....glad it wasn't raining then. :eek: Too bad you and Roscoe got caught in it.

dlkcub
06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
This smells like spam to me.

06-10-2010, 07:48 AM
I spotted 2 trailmanors in the Ranchersos De Santa Fe camground in Santa Fe Memorial day weekend. Both appeared to be 3023's. I never got to see the owners as thy were probably out and about most of the time as we were. That is only the second time I have seen a trailmanor in a campground since I bought mine.

TMkev10
06-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Checked into Witch meadow lake campground in Salem, CT on Fri evening. Pulled up to my site to check out where and how to back in. Looked to my left and there it was, my first sighting. A 2720sd all set up. Talked to the owners on Sat morning for a short time. Compared changes over the years (his was a 1996 model). As this was only my 2nd trip out with mine, he gave me a few tips. Asked if he was a member of this site, he is not. The friends I was with thought it was very interesting as they never see Trailmanors when they are out and then have 2 right across from each other. I thought it was pretty neat myself.:)

GlobeOfFrogs
06-18-2010, 08:41 PM
There will be a brand, spanking, new 2720sl at Lake Pleasant Arizona this weekend :)

B_and_D
06-20-2010, 10:09 PM
DH said that he saw a TrailManor being towed south on Highway 1 in Capitola, CA on Friday 6/18 about noon. He thought it might be a 2720, maybe by a Toyota Highlander?

We're sure glad the US Open is over, the traffic has been awful!

ThePair
06-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Saw one today 6/20 at around 2:30 PM driving on the Tollway RT 94 E (southbound) just across the Wisconsin border into Illinois. It was an older 3326king, being pulled by a Ford F-150 dark gray/blue in color.

Bluegrass
06-21-2010, 10:01 PM
There were four TMs at the Grass Valley Bluegrass Festival. Two 2720s, our 3124, and a year old 2619. Met two of the owners, one of whom lives in the Bay Area and just bought a 2001 model 2720 from someone in southern California after seeing it posted for sale on the forum.

Also spotted a TM yesterday headed west on I-80 near Colfax. We were headed east so I couldn't tell the model or TV. Went by too fast.

countrygirl
06-24-2010, 03:45 PM
We are camping in our TM at one of the cleanest/tidiest campgrounds we have ever stayed in. Every camper is immaculate even though most are here permanently. There is no grass clippings on the ground ...not even a piece of pine straw.

Yesterday enroute to this campground in Vero Beach we passed two Trail Manors on I-95. The first TM... we think was a 2720...we were so surprised we never noticed what was pulling it...It was North bound on I-95 and we were South bound just south of St. Augustine about 11:00 a.m.

The next one looked smaller...so we though it was a 2619 and it was south bound...we were still north bound on I-(5 near Daytona around noon. This one was being pulled by a small black suv.

Today we went to Sebastain Inlet State Park to check out the campground and fishing. There were two Tms there.

The first one was a 2720............with no A.C....none on the roof and none on either side...my goodness...they are tougher them I am!

Around the corner in the next lane of campers was a 2619. No one seemed to be home so we did not stop...but they did have A.C.

This is a real treat for us to see so many TMs. In the past ....except for the day we purchased the TM........we have only passed new ones on transport trailers.

greentrail
07-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Had my first highway sighting today....I was heading east on I-74 towards Urbana IL and I passed one going West coming out of Urbana IL. I think it was pulled by a dark chevy 1/2 ton. Looked like a 2005-2007 vintage with the light blue graphics.

grakin
07-06-2010, 12:03 AM
We saw a very nice looking one in Grand Island, Nebraska today. Looked to be a 2619, and probably 2006-2008 or so, pulled by (if I remember right) a red SUV of some type. I was a bit ashamed with how dirty our TM was after our 4,000 mile trip, as this one looked like it just came off the showroom floor!

HIKERZ
07-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Returning from a backpack trip in the Ozarks we stopped at St. George Island, FL. and saw a 3124 with Co. plates. I asked the owner how long it took him to get here and he said a month.

ShrimpBurrito
07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Spotted an older 2619 being towed by what I think was an Astro van (gold or tan maybe) going north on I-15 just north of Barstow, CA. We were pulling our TM as well.

We also spotted a newer 3023 in Arches National Park campground in early June. We talked with the owners for a bit, and filled them in on this website.

Dave

B_and_D
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Last night and this morning there were 3 TM's at Seacliff State Beach in CA. I had previously met one of the owners. There was a 2619, our 2720, and a 3023. That's a record sighting for us at Seacliff!

tgpmd1
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I saw one set up outside a Sam's club in Maryland. Looks like they may have spent the night as it was there when I went by the next day, but folded up this time. Do people really spend the night in Sam's club parking lots? Do they kick you out. Growing up, we never stayed anywhere but in campgrounds. Now a days, I see RV's in many Wal-Mart parking lots, especially in NE and a few other states. I post a thread about this if I purchase the TM I've been looking into buying and see what people think.

Wavery
07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I saw one set up outside a Sam's club in Maryland. Looks like they may have spent the night as it was there when I went by the next day, but folded up this time. Do people really spend the night in Sam's club parking lots? Do they kick you out. Growing up, we never stayed anywhere but in campgrounds. Now a days, I see RV's in many Wal-Mart parking lots, especially in NE and a few other states. I post a thread about this if I purchase the TM I've been looking into buying and see what people think.

There are lots of "Free Campgrounds" around:

http://www.freecampgrounds.com/results.aspx?s=7

PopBeavers
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I never mentioned the one we spotted Memorial weekend. I believe it was the Friday before, eastbound on CA108 in Siera City (east of Sonora). Probably headed to Pinecrest Lake I wold guess.

The side stripes were brown. It looked pretty clean. Time was around 5:00 PM I think.

B_and_D
07-16-2010, 09:18 AM
I saw another one this morning about 8AM, between Salinas & Castroville, CA headed northbound on Hwy 183.

I think it was being towed by a blue/green pickup or SUV (I only got a glimpse of it as I was focusing on the TM) and it looked like a smaller TM, perhaps a 2720 or smaller.

Nice & foggy here this morning!

D

Patriot
07-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I saw one going East on interstate 10 leaving San Antonio, Texas area on July 5. Looked like a 2619.

pkwife
07-17-2010, 09:53 PM
We saw a 3023 at the tall pines campground in Branson Mo. It was July 10th. We would have stopped but no one was home.

M&M Hokie
07-18-2010, 12:52 PM
We didn't get a good look at it because we were traveling northbound on US 101 and the divided highway is both wide and treed in spots. We saw a blue-graphics vintage TM headed south being towed by a dark SUV with a blue kayak on top. This marks the first time I have seen a TM being towed while I was towing my own TM. We were returning home from Pt Mugu State Beach which I highly recommend. hat tip: harveyrv.

ShrimpBurrito
07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Just going through our trip pictures.....

We spotted a later model 2619 along I-81 north in Virginia, probably just a bit north of Roanoke, on JUNE 14. The TM had Georgia plates. TV was a Ford pickup with a cap. We even have a picture! There was alot of traffic along that section at the time, although not pictured.

Dave

Al-n-Sue
07-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Monday afternoon 7/19 in Colorado Springs I spied an Elkmont headed north on I-25 just north of Woodmen Rd. Didn't catch the TV. Anyone here?

First Elkmont I've seen on the road!

Beak12
07-22-2010, 08:29 PM
We are camping at Paul Wolff Campground in/near Egin IL. There was a 2720 SL (about 10 years old)about 3 spaces away. This was on Wed the 20th. He lives about 8 miles away from the campsite and was over just for the fun of it. LOL

John :D

newtome3326k
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Was going east on TX 281 in Fredricksburg, TX on Sunday July 25th when we spotted another TM going West.Almost did not see it but kids spotted it and were very excited.... :)

HappyWDWCampers
07-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Spotted one on north I271 around Beachwood Ohio either Wednesday morning or Thursday morning (should've recorded the event that day!), towed by a white Tahoe and moving at a good clip (65-70 -- I was having a hard time keeping up with it in my car :D )

sharoden
08-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Monday night, national television on the show the "Closer", airport scene.

rotor_wash
08-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Ran into Bill and family from DC at Big Meadows Campground, Shenandoah NP. He had been camping for a month in his 2720 and should be visiting us on the Owner's Pages soon.

Gaye Doucette
08-12-2010, 03:36 PM
July 20 saw 2 trailmanors from Florida at Skidaway Island State Park outside Savannah, Ga. 1 had a nice couple with a parrot type bird going to N.C. for a rally. We did not get to meet the other couple - had a motorcycle in the back of their tv. This is a very nice state park only a few minutes from Savannah and Tybee Island. First time I have seen more than 1 TM at a park. I live outside Winder, Ga near UGA and saw an older TM in a yard in town.

vnmtm1
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Saw a TM westbound on I-80 somewhere between Reno and Elko. We were eastbound toward Salt Lake City after a 9 day swing through Washington, Oregon and Northern California coasts.

B_and_D
08-19-2010, 08:13 PM
We saw a 2619, Washington plates, in the Woodburn RV Park earlier this week. Nobody was home.

T and C
08-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Last Thursday, 8/12/10, we were travelling north on 101 we stopped in Buellton for lunch. As we passed the McDonalds there was a trailmanor in the lot. We were moving so we just got a glimpse of it.

Tom

NW Native
08-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Spotted a TM headed northbound on 395 south of Ritzville, WA, early afternoon on August 21st. We were traveling south and had just finished changing a tire after our first blowout. Coincidentally, these folks were changing a tire as well.:eek:

mtnguy
08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
This is not an actual physical sighting, but found this photo on the website of Greenbrier River Campground near Alderson WV.

Redhawk
08-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Saw one heading west on Hwy 50 thru the Arkansas River valley in Colorado. Was moving, so didn't see TV. I thought I saw a large Texas Longhorn (steer head and horns) decal on the rear window cover instead of the TM logo.

startc
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Saw two TMs this past Sunday on our way to Door County, WI. One heading south on Hwy 42 and one parked in Egg Harbor.

M&M Hokie
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Santa Maria - Sept 3rd - 2:30pm - US 101 NB.

Towed by gray/silver F150. Looked to be 3023 or larger. I only got a fleeting glimpse as wife blew by it at 80 mph. (We were not towing ours)

M&M Hokie
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
2 TMs in Refugio State Beach Campground joining our 2720: a 2619 and a 2001 3124 King owned by uber friendly Jeff and Pam. Hope to meet the 2619 owners before Labor Day weekend is over.

Update: we met the owner of the 2619 named Pixie and she felt like a part of the family 10 minutes after we met. Are TrailManor owners the nicest people in the world? (Excluding me of course)

Bigbit
09-04-2010, 01:47 AM
We camped at Morro Dunes RV park in CA a few weeks ago, and while I was setting up my Elkmont, a truck stops in front with a clearly excited couple. I said "hello", and the wife blurts out, "We have the same trailer as you - you're the first time we've seen someone else with an Elkmont."

I went by later to see their rig; they bought one of the first 2009's when the Elkmont's first hit the streets. They have towed it all over the States, and were from FL. They seemed quite happy with their TM. :D

M&M Hokie
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
9/5/2010 3:30PM - US 101 Southbound between Buellton and Gaviota: 2720-ish sized TrailManor spotted being towed by whitish SUV. Couldn't get a great look at it because I was towing mine going in the opposite direction. This capped quite a TrailManor weekend for us which helps soften the blow of not being able to attend the rally at Pismo Beach in a few weeks.

MudDog
09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
9/5/2010 3:30PM - US 101 Southbound between Buellton and Gaviota: 2720-ish sized TrailManor spotted being towed by whitish SUV. Couldn't get a great look at it because I was towing mine going in the opposite direction. This capped quite a TrailManor weekend for us which helps soften the blow of not being able to attend the rally at Pismo Beach in a few weeks.

Well, that explains why we didn't see you today :D

We were NB Friday and SB today. We took San Marcos Pass on the way up to Paso Robles and came back the coast today. I saw your post that you were at Refugio and expected to see you going the other way today. How'd the solar panels do at the beach (looked pretty foggy in the AM)?

We ran into Gary and Ginger at the Wine Country RV resort...they had a 2 year old SL model.

M&M Hokie
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
How'd the solar panels do at the beach (looked pretty foggy in the AM)?

The panels did great. If we didn't get back to 100% by sundown each day even with extensive cloud cover, we got close. This is despite very intensive power consumption by us. We had 2-3 laptops going at times, kept the place well heated at night (even once when we left the fantastic fan vent open). The solar panels are exceeding my expectations. We were using 25-30AH over night and able to get almost all of that back in when it was cloudy. When the sun came out for a couple of hours it was a no brainer as we would get 8A+ under those conditions.

brittoa
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Spotted a TM in Payson, AZ on 9/3/2010 at around 4:00pm. You honked when you passed by us and then we spotted you again near Star Valley. We camped up at the Mogillion rim (near bear canyon lake) for the labor day weekend. Traffic was horrible but the nice cool weather made up for it. Hope you had a good weekend too.

HIKERZ
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
While camping at Fort Wilderness (Disneyworld) I saw an older 23/30 --Didnt really get a chance to talk to the people

countrygirl
09-27-2010, 07:36 PM
We spotted a larger Tm South bound on I95 on Saturday between Palm Coast and Daytona Beach. We were headed home from a camper show in Daytona. This was around 2:30 pm and we guess it to be a 3023 or a 3124.

LOL...We had been playing "name that camper"...there were so many campers on I95 both north and south bound we forgot to note what type of tow vehicle was pulling the TM.

PopBeavers
09-27-2010, 09:14 PM
I heard a rumor that there were more than 20 at Pismo beach over the weekend.

Sorry, I just could not resist.

My wife planned the rally and we both were too ill to attend. Real bummer.

robertkennel
09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope you two are feeling better. The weekend that Jan chose was perfect; I didn't like coming home to hot weather, just tee shirt weather in Pismo. My wife and kids want to go back. Most Trailmanors I have ever seen! Once again Custom RV(Matt and Garret) took care of us. Custom RV drove for hours and then went right to work upon arrival on the trailers. Worked the whole time and then left late for many more hours of driving to the next event. They deserve a big thanks in addition to the ones who put on the event. Robert

Bluegrass
10-02-2010, 04:17 PM
An Elkmont towed by a gray pickup passed us in Utah, northbound on I-15. It got off at the south Fillmore exit. Nice looking rig.

Keith

grill-n-go
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Today Oct 4th, Northbound on I-75 in the Gainsville, FL area around 2:30 PM. It was a TM that's all we could make out, we were Southbound.

SCBillandJane
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
We've been on the road since September 14 and have seen only two TMs. One was in the late afternoon of Saturday, September 18. As we were heading into Canada across the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls, they were coming into the US. Couldn't see the license plate, but it looked like a 2619 or 2720 towed by a dark blue or black SUV. Today, as we entered Pennsylvania from New York on I-84, we pulled off to go to the Welcome Center. At the traffic light as we waited to turn left, we looked across and saw another 2619 or 2720 pulled by a dark SUV at a gas station pump. They were gone by the time we left the Welcome Center and headed back to the Interstate, so no chance to meet and greet. Tomorrow we head home to SC, so we'll keep eyes open for any fellow TM travelers. Y'all be careful out there!

Paco's Mom
10-08-2010, 11:39 AM
We never saw any on our 7,000 mile loop tour of the midwest this summer. Would always look at the RV sales displays on our way past, too. However, while we were staying at our daughter's in Cincy, a neighbor walked by and saw our closed TM in the driveway. She said they have one just like it opened in their lower drive. We walked over later and had a nice TM chat.

newtome3326k
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
The family and I were camping at Cleburne State Park in Texas this past weekend 10/08 thru 10/11/2010. And much to our delight there was a 3023 parked in another loop of the campground. A very nice family from College Station, Texas... They are also on the Forum.... ITs the first one we have seen in the same campground with us... :)

wmtire
10-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I saw another Trailmanor up at Lake D'arbonne State Park in Louisiana this weekend at the dutch oven cookout.

Twice, I started up the hill to talk to the owners but got sidetracked by several of my friends in other camping spots.

The owners drove by me this morning as we were playing cards, so I missed out on meeting them.

Was any of our members there?

ShrimpBurrito
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Spotted a later model TM going northbound on I-405 (my favorite highway) just south of John Wayne/Orange County airport around 12 noon today, Sunday, Oct 17. I was going in the opposite direction, so I'm not sure of the model, although it did seem like on of the shorter ones (2619 or 2720), and didn't get a good look at the TV either, except that it was probably a later model GM or Chevy pickup -- maybe an Avalanche or something. Dark color.

Wayne - was that you bringing you new one home?

Dave

B_and_D
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Bryan saw one today in Aptos, CA, it was heading north on Highway 1 about 2 pm. He thought it was a small one, maybe a 2518? Towed by a red truck w/ camper shell or SUV?

JapChinLvr
10-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi - we are camping at Boulder Creek Campground south of Lone Pine. Saw a tm about the size of 2720 passing through LP but it had a burgundy and brown or black schwoosh design on it instead of my light blue. Is that a later model?

Boulder creek is awesome btw. I'm only 1.5 hours away from home but we come all the time. Go up to Whitney Portal and have wodnerful food at the camp store. CG has pool and jacuzzi showers etc. Dirt but very nice trees and all full hookups.

scrubjaysnest
11-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Saw a 2720SL go by where we were having lunch in Columbia Falls, Mt over Labor Day. The next one we saw.......we bought ...... at a dealer in Tx

Bigbit
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
We're currently camping at Yucaipa Regional Park in Yucaipa, CA. Saw a 2720 on the north side of the campground this morning, but couldn't stop as we were running late. Maybe we'll walk by and say hello in the A.M. We're in the south loop camping in our Elkmont.

Barb&Tim
11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Playing catch-up here:

Got our TM 2720SL in late August 2010 and for maiden voyage we went to Ft. Wilderness at Disneyworld. While there, we saw an older TM with Colorado plates on the TV.

Over Halloween, we were camping at Myrtle Beach state park in SC and there was a Elkmont there with Ohio plates.

Tim

knoxjere
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
We are fairly new to TM's. Got ours first part of August. Loving it! We were camping at Hungry Mother State Park near Marion, VA on October 18 and saw our first TM sighting. Talked to them, they were from TX but don't think they belong to the Forum because we mentioned all the helpful info we had gotten from it and they didn't respond. We have learned so much from all of you and sure appreciate it.

scrubjaysnest
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Leaving J'ville, Fl after moving my daughter. We are about 10 miles west of the I-10/I-295 interchange when my wife says there goes a TM looks like a 2619 or maybe a 2720. Didn't know she could tell the difference. Shows how much I (don't) know. Any how the TM was headed east on I-10

ED-n-KEL
11-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Saw a 2720SL in St Bernard Park last week.

CAmark
12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Sunday after Thanksgiving around 1:00 -- saw what looked like a 2619 behind a silver SUV pulling through the crowd at the Buttonwillow exit of I-5. We were hidden behind the gas pump so no doubt they did not see us.

PopBeavers
12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Sunday after Thanksgiving around 1:00 -- saw what looked like a 2619 behind a silver SUV pulling through the crowd at the Buttonwillow exit of I-5. We were hidden behind the gas pump so no doubt they did not see us.

It wasn't me. We only got as far as the RV park near Coalinga, 10 miles south of Harris Ranch. We had breakfast at Button Willow Monday morning.

It is almost times to close off this thread and start a new one for next year.

PopBeavers
12-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Me thinks it is time to close this one off for 2010 and start a new one for 2011.