PDA

View Full Version : New owner of a used 2006 3023

ironmaiden
09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
There are 4 of us. Son age 9, daughter age 7, hubby and myself.

We have gone on two weekend trips with our new to us trailmanor 3032.

Here are a couple observations.

The ledge behind the two couches is a wonderful thing. It became the collecting point for the Lego creations, books, ipods, nintendos, my knitting bag. If it didn't exist, these things would have been on the kitchen counter or on the couch.

My concern about buying a trailer without slideouts was that we would be on top of each other on a rainy day. But what happened is that my son sprawled out on the front bed. My daughter on one couch and myself on the other couch, my husband was reading and dozing on the rear bed. And if when he wasn't there he was on one couch and my daughter and I shared the longer couch. Having the two kids on opposite sides of the table (as opposed to a wrap around type) table was a good thing whether it was eating time or both working on Legos or each working on something different things.

The sitting area is not across from the kitchen. Thus the kids weren't in the way during meal prep, dishwashing. I told both kids that they'd be helping more next camping season. These trips were for mom and dad to get the lay of the land.

The two counters in the kitchen are not opposite each other. If they were we would have bumped butts if both of us were trying to prep a meal at the same time.

PopBeavers
09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
The two counters in the kitchen are not opposite each other. If they were we would have bumped butts if both of us were trying to prep a meal at the same time.

This, in my opinion, is an important feature of any RV.

Welcome aboard.

ib4classics
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Welcome Ironmaiden, we bought the same year and model in July of this year and are very happy with the layout and towing.
John