PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Camping Plans

scoobysue
09-02-2009, 06:26 AM
What's everyone's Labor Day Plans for camping? I'm hitting Castaways Campground in Ocean City, MD and I can't wait!!!!:new_bdays

Larryp1941
09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
We are going to Lake Louisa near Clermont, FL for 3 days. Will go to local winery and a day trip to Universal.

Al-n-Sue
09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
We are taking a long awaited trip to Gunnison Country - we are camping at One Mile campground - a NFS site on the Taylor River, near Almont, Colorado (halfway between Gunnison and Crested Butte). It is about as "primitive" as we have attempted since we got our TM; it does have electricity - but only 15 amps - and vault toilets.

It will also be the longest trip we have taken in the TM in 2 seasons - both in distance (4-5 hours) and in time to stay (5 nights). We'll be testing out my 6 year old tires and see how long we can go before filling the holding tank and the toilet. I'm optimistic on all counts. But just in case, the spare is aired up, I installed a mud flat on the street side to protect the plumbing from from a blowout, and we have access to a portable waste tank that we can use if we need to do a partial dump before we leave. We limit the use of the toilet to liquid and use the campground facilities during the day.

We have a pontoon boat trip planned in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, and a day trip on the West Elk Scenic Loop. Otherwise we'll be relaxing, reading, maybe a little hiking, and I'm sure we'll play a game or two of Farkle!

I'll post a detailed trip report when I get back.

Alan

PopBeavers
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
ATV riding near Bass Lake, CA. 20+ cousins will be there. Everyone but us will be in tents.

We don't need the generator for the a/c. We need it for the Margarita machine.

mgoblue911
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Heading to Warren Dunes State Park in southwest lower Michigan. This park has one of the best beaches in the midwest, right on Lake Michigan.

M&M Hokie
09-02-2009, 03:47 PM
3 nights at San Simeon State Park - Washburn. A TM in a gravel campground will be in marked contrast with nearby Hearst Castle.

newtome3326k
09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Traveling to East Texas to camp at Bob Sandlin State Park for 3 nights.

Digger
09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Making a loop up to Eagle Alaska then over to Dawson City YT for a couple of days before heading down to Skagway Alaska and back to the Kenai Peninsula. Will cover about 2000 miles in two weeks. I guess you could call it an extended weekend.

Carl314
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Staying close to home - three nights at Mueller State Park near Divide, Colorado. Then, after four outings this summer, the camper gets covered for the winter!

mjlaupp
09-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I'll be getting the TM stocked and ready to leave for Mountain View, Arkansas the tuesday after Labor Day. Have not been out with the 3326 all summer. Sale of the 2720SL and DYI house projects have used up all the time since I bought the 3326.
Mike

countrygirl
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Dry camping for an archery tournament in Georgia.

markandanne
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
After the long trip to Maine and back, we're staying pretty close to home, camping for the three-day weekend at Snow Mountain Ranch (YMCA of the Rockies) in Winter Park, CO. Hoping to get a little geocaching in with the kids and see a few friends from back east who are also in Winter Park for the weekend.

jferrarello
09-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Ah...

Leaving in almost exactly 12 hours for Hermit Park near Estes Park and taking an extra day to beat the return traffic. It's trip number lucky 13 for the season with at least 2 more planned and hoping for at one more to break our record of 15.

Hoping against hope, as they say, that outbound traffic on C-470 won't be complete pandemonium. Makes daddy nervous.

Dry camping at it's finest!

Beak12
09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Doing nothing for Labor Day. But the next weekend we are doing 4 nights at Lake Jennings--Lakeside CA. With Brother and Sister. We are the only ones with TM.:D

kenngeri2720
09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Making our annual trip to Rocky Mountain National Park to do some hiking and see the start of the gathering of the Elk. This has to be the best dry camp in the country and you can’t beat the views. The sad part about this trip is it will be the last one of the year; will put the TM to bed for the winter.

grakin
09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
We're at Westcliffe, CO, having a great time in an extremely quiet area - attached is a picture of our site.

Northwoods
09-07-2009, 03:45 PM
We stayed "very close to home". We live on 6 acres with about 15 acres around us. Our TM is parked in front of our home on a hill. We have a 6' diameter fire circle. The owls in our woods called every evening. Our only neighbor was away for the weekend. It is quiet - only the occasional distant Norfolk/Western freight for atmosphere. It is a primo camping spot. We 'camped' and did pre-fall projects around the house in preparation for a fall trip to the Bob Evans Farm Festival in Ohio, on our way to our daughter's front yard in Sanford, NC. The TM is great and we really enjoy it. Olga and Ken

rjsmalley
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Went to Lancaster PA to bring our oldest son the rest of his college stuff. Had a great site next to a stream in the middle of Amish farms. So nice to sit and hear the bubbling stream and horse drawn buggies going by. The long weekend just went to quick. Love PA.

scoobysue
09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Sounds like everyone had a GREAT labor day weekend... I know I did in Ocean City! Didn't want to leave!!!! Oh well.... on to the next trip! :)