PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Intro

Mike Watters
08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to drop a quick note as way of an introduction. Brought home a new-to-us 1996 2518. It needs a little work (AC doesn't work and interior lights are all missing the lenses) but is otherwise in decent shape. I plan on swapping in mostly new lights and was going to swap in a 12V fan vent in place of the stock one.

For us this trailer is a replacement for our '87 Esterel Supermatic (a French built solid-walled pop-up). The Supermatic is a very nice little trailer - but the family got bigger and the supermatic has it's limits. TM sleeps more and has a LOT more storage (which is great). Not sure how many of the features we'll use (we prefer cooking and such outside) but it'll be fun settling into a groove with it.

The trailer just barely fits into our garage - but considering I've got some plywood at the back of the garage and the trailer has an extended bike rack and spare tire rack sticking off the back - that's not bad. Pulling those and clearing the back of the garage would make more room.

Right now the garage is a little crowded since it's got the TM AND the Esterel in it... I want to make sure I've got time to go through and do all the work on the TM before we let go of the Esterel.

4Kids2Dogs
08-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your "new" TM. You will enjoy all the wonderful posts from the experienced members of the TM family as you make your new trailer just right for your family. We also like outdoor living, but it sure is nice to have a sheltered kitchen in the wind and rain :rolleyes:
You will probably want to join the board as a site sponsor after your 30 day trial period. To quote the membership info "When you register on the board, you are given Trial Member access. As a Trial Member, you have full access to all of the Site Sponsor sections for Thirty days. After 30 days you are moved to Registered Guest access. Guests access is very restricted." Becoming a site sponsor is $12 a year and such a excellent resource for TM owners.
We'll look forward to reading about your adventures! Congratulations :new_bdays

Bluegrass
08-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Congratulations, Mike, and welcome to the forum. We'll look forward to hearing about your renovations and further adventures!

Bill & Lisa
08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Welcome! Enjoy your unit and post some photos so we can share your enjoyment!