PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going this year in your TM?

Joesjunk
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
There once was a thread like this on this forum but I can't seem to find it.

Probably time to start a new one anyway:o.

I'm leaving mid July for a cross country trip:
NC to MN
MN to Yellowstone
Yellowstone to Glacier
Glacier to Banff
Banff to Vancouver
Vancouver to Seattle
WA to OR
And back toward NC

If you would like to join us, send me an e-mail and I'll send you
our schedule.

Bill & Lisa
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a fun summer

PopBeavers
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
We have been camping twice this year.

1. Bass Lake, California
2. Hull Creek, California.

We have another trip planned for Labor Day to Bass Lake, where our TM, as the only trailer present, provides the anchor for a cousins reunion of about 24 adults.

Since adding the offroad motorcycles and ATVs a year ago, our primary destination is places to camp and ride. This last week end I road nearly 100 miles of remote mountain terrain on fire roads, jeep trails and ATV trails and almost never road the same road twice. All straight from camp, with no need to trailer the toys from camp to the trails.

We will squeeze in a few more trips, but we don't plan very far in advance. The places we go do not take reservations and never fill up. Hull Creek campground, though it has only 18 campsites, still had one empty site over the holiday weekend. The size of our campsite was at least a quarter acre. We had 3 trucks, a car, the TM and an ATV trailer, with 2 ATVs and 2 motorcycles parked on the ground and still had enough room for several more cars, tents, etc.

Not a bad deal for 5 bucks a night. This as our fist visit to this area and I think we will visit again often.

Alvega007
07-06-2009, 07:41 PM
We have been out twice this year also, from Lancaster, PA to Quarryville, PA and from Lancaster, PA to Myrtle Beach, SC. We are also going to Ocean City, MD at the end of July and to Eastern, CT in August.

retiredgoat
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Heading for Patrick Air Force base in Coco Beach this weekend to watch the shuttle launch on Saturday.

Were hoping for real nice weather and a working space ship. hahahaha Either way the Banana River on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other I can't lose.

Good Luck and Happy Camping

Bob

countrygirl
07-06-2009, 08:26 PM
There once was a thread like this on this forum but I can't seem to find it.

Probably time to start a new one anyway:o.

I'm leaving mid July for a cross country trip:
NC to MN
MN to Yellowstone
Yellowstone to Glacier
Glacier to Banff
Banff to Vancouver
Vancouver to Seattle
WA to OR
And back toward NC

If you would like to join us, send me an e-mail and I'll send you
our schedule.

I am jealous!

Joesjunk
07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
I want all of the working folks to keep paying into Social Security so that I can keep taking these trips.:)

ng2951
07-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Well we been to Purgatory...Mendenhall, MS cowboy shoot (3 days, got stuck, but had a fantastic time). Then we went to Resurrection...Tin Star Ranch, Fredericksburg, TX cowboy shoot and tour (1 week stay at Lady Bird...very nice). San Antonio, TX visiting friends and their cowboy club. Got lost and stayed up on lake north of Houston for a day (we will go back there!).

Every month we take the TM to the club for match weekend. We are going to go another regional match near Quitman,LA. Finale for the year will be the match between daughter and future son-in-law on the beach at Key West.

rubydoodle
07-17-2009, 04:07 PM
This past spring: Dillard, GA; Cherokee, NC; Elkmont Campground in the Great Smoky Mt. Nat. Park
This fall: Charleston, SC; Myrtle Beach (actually Huntington Beach State Park); Wilmington, NC; Waves, NC (Outer Banks) five week trip
We live in Townsend, TN.

ib4classics
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
A few local trips till fall then to Panama Beach for a month, at least.

hhoenig
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
We spent first 2 weeks of July on Cape Cod. (2 teenagers and us in a 2916), we were very comfortable in the trailer. Lots of rain and no leaks. Life is good. Thanks to P & B for a great synopsis of Cape Cod highlights. We followed many of those suggestions, had a wonderful, memorable trip. We found a campground on Martha's Vineyard, hope to spend some time there next year. We stayed at Bayview Campground in Bourne. Very nice. Clean, large sites, allows campfires, expensive.

Matt and Kerry
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
We have gone on 4 trips since getting our trailer in late June. Grayland Beach State Park, Bumping Lake National Forest Campground, Tinkham Creek National Forest Campground, and Lake Wenatchee State Park. All in Washington State. We have one more trip planned this summer to Emigrant Springs State Park in Eastern Oregon. My aunt, great aunt, uncle's, and great uncle are meeting us there for a mini family reunion.

countrygirl
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Headed to the Ocala National Forest in about a week.

B_and_D
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
We didn't make it to Lake Paulina, I was too busy at work. We did make it to Lodgepole Campground in Sequoia Natl Park, but we had to leave early because of a prescribed burn (waaayy too smoky for us). If you're going to visit any of the forests in CA during the summer, check the websites for information on these burns, they can ruin your trip if you are sensitive to smoke. We went over the 4th of July weekend and they started the fire on Monday; it drifted to the campground on Monday night and Tuesday morning was awful. When we got home the whole trailer stank like smoke and so did all of our clothes.

We did our annual 4 night "trip" to Seacliff Beach last weekend (it's about 10 miles from home), it was great. The sun didn't usually come out strong until 1:30 or 2:30, but when it did, it was beautiful. The fog wasn't too wet and it was great going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the waves pounding on the shore. We invited some friends of ours to spend the night with us (you can have an additional tent in the hookup area) on Friday. I think we're going to do it again next year. We always meet nice camping neighbors when we go there.

I'd like to go to the TM rally in Petaluma in October. We're hoping for a trip to Lake Almanor sometime between now and then, but who knows when we will be able to get away again. We've really enjoyed our TM even with our short trips this summer so far.