PDA

View Full Version : returned check

bell
06-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Chris , I received my check back from Rio Rancho ,NM today .What is your new address?I am trying to up date my membership because I will have a 2010 next week. I sold my 2004 Trailmanor 3 years ago. I look forward to hearing from you.

PopBeavers
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I also am interested in where to send a check.

I don't trust PayPal.

Wavery
06-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I also am interested in where to send a check.

I don't trust PayPal.

What's up with, "I don't trust PayPal"??????

I've been using PayPal for years (probably about 10 years). I use it for all eBay purchases, concert tickets, purchasing from online stores, I even send money to my kids & grandkids over PayPal. Never once had an issue.

mcgyver210
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I actually trust PayPal more than most forms of payment. You just need to use common sense & know who you are dealing with. Oh you also should have a very hard password.

And don't forget PayPal is more at your mercy than you are theirs. You can reverse anything they do within reason.

PopBeavers
06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I used PayPal once and eve since I have been flooded with SPAM from them, or someone claiming to be them. I have email rules to delete all email that contains PAYPAL anywhere in the From field.

Same goes for eBAY.

I believe that both of them have sold my email address for their gain and my anger.

AstroBruce
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
When you get an email from someone claiming to representing your bank, wanting account numbers and passwords, do you stop using that bank?

It's not your bank sending you that crap.

mcgyver210
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Wayne that is odd I have never received any spam directly because of eBay or PayPal & I even ran a Internet Company on eBay years ago. Just in case you are wondering how I can make that claim it is because I assign e-mail addresses to different companies/sites that I can track just incase they sell my address to spam-ers. Now on the other hand the addresses I use with buyers & sellers sometimes has to be changed because of Spam.

I do realize we may have a different experience than you though.

ameridan
06-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Those emails you get from PayPal and eBay are from spammers trying to get you to click on their email link so they can grab your password. I've never in 10 years had a problem or spam mail from them.

Simply remember to never use an email link - use your "Favorites" link instead.

PopBeavers
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I am reasonably knowledgeable about how the web works. I have been programming since 1974. At one time I worked on a team that implemented an HTTP server for a main frame. I have used sniffers so I know what they can do.

It just seems to be too much of a coincidence that I make one purchase (buy it now) from eBay using PayPal and within days it becomes my number one source of spam. Been that way since 2005. It was my Valley Industries Odyssey brake controller that I purchased.

If the vendor and PayPal and eBay did not contribute to it, then at least one of them failed to protect their (my) data adequately. It is clear from the contents of the email that they were aware of transaction dates and a couple of other details.

I have made online purchases from any number of companies, using my credit card directly with them, and have never had this problem. In my experience, this is isolated to eBay, PayPal and the one business back east. Amazon, Borders, recreation.gov, Hertz, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, etc. have never been a problem for me.

mcgyver210
06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Wayne I wasn't questioning your knowledge I was just saying unless you completely shielded the address used for eBay & PayPal which I even use two different ones for them you may be blaming the wrong source. Again My experience may not be the same as yours but if anyone had a chance to get spam from eBay & PayPal it would be me since I was a Power Seller.

Now on the other hand we did get tons of spam from our own web site until we quit publishing our e-mail on it. Now days I still use e-mail addresses for specific reasons & if spam starts showing up I simply discontinue their use & create a new one.

As a final thought you must always do what you believe is good for you & your family. Since we have had identity theft I can't & wont blame you for being cautious how you do business.

bell
06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I still need to mail the check to Chris.

mcgyver210
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry Bell I am surprised Bill hasn't chimed in since he still communicates with Chris.

Bill & Lisa
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
This is America, land of the free. SInce when is a member of this forum given the 3rd degree for expressing their Opinion. PopBeavers didn't bash PayPal, he just said he doesn't trust them and asked for an address (which I hope he has gotten by now). Chalk it up to him being paranoid if you like but he shouldn't have to defend his personal choices against the opinion of others like I saw in this thread. JMHO.

PopBeavers
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
fwiw, I did not feel bashed. Yous hould see what happens to threads at rv.net or thumpertalk.com

No, I have not yet found an address to mail Chris a check. Apparently he has reset my expired id because clearly I have been posting.

mcgyver210
06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
This is America, land of the free. SInce when is a member of this forum given the 3rd degree for expressing their Opinion. PopBeavers didn't bash PayPal, he just said he doesn't trust them and asked for an address (which I hope he has gotten by now). Chalk it up to him being paranoid if you like but he shouldn't have to defend his personal choices against the opinion of others like I saw in this thread. JMHO.

Bill & Lisa No one gave him the third degree. He made a statement that was a negative one any way you look at it & if Wayne(Harvey) hadn't asked a new person may have just took his experience as a reason not to use PayPal. This would be the same if I came here & never seen a discussion get past the negative opinions of TM or any product or service for that matter. Because by your America, Land of the free statement it would be giving someone the third degree if we asked why they felt the way they do about the TM or tried to explain our own experiences to give them a different perspective possibly to think about.

As for me I just wanted him to know that I never personally had an issue & had done lots of business & still do personal transactions with no spam ever. I also explained why this was trying to help him if it could. I also said he could have a different experience. I would apologize to him if I believed I gave him the third degree. This is what I did for Bell because her post wasn't really answered yet since sometimes on boards post get off track a little from OP.

Wayne (PopBeavers) I hope you took all my answers as they were intended, just trying to help with a different perspective not giving the third degree.

Now back to the OP's question, Did you get the address. If not have you PMed Bill he may be able to help? Bell if you are not able to get the address I have an idea for you as a last resort.

Bill & Lisa
06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Your points are well taken and highlight to an extent why I felt PB got jumped on. The thread went way off topic and was well on the way to becoming a thread about paypal instead of addressing the question of the OP. (all because someone offered an opionion on why they also wanted to mail a check).

When it is all said and done, Pop Beavers still has the opinion that he had at the start and Bell and Pop Beavers are still looking for an address. At least the focus is back to addressing the original questions again.

Wavery
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
My reason for asking, "What's up with, "I don't trust PayPal"??????" was that I was a little shocked at the statement because I use PayPal a lot and I thought maybe he knew something that I "or others" didn't know.

Just seeking info, not questioning his motives........:rolleyes:.

There are a lot of businesses that ONLY take PayPal as a form of payment. I don't know if that is the case here but it certainly could be. I don't know if I would feel comfortable giving out my address to someone that I don't know..........just a thought....:)

mjlaupp
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Bell,

Here is the information you need from the "Getting Started On The Board" forum:

Mike

Becoming A Mamber Of The Board

Welcome to the TrailManor Owner's page.

Our site has moved to a Sponsorship system to help cover the costs of hosting. Here is how it works:

* You don't have to register at all. You can browse our guest areas for free. You won't be able to post.
* If you register as a new user (it's free), you will have complete access to the board, the same access as a Site Sponsor, for 30 days.
* At the end of the 30 days, if you haven't become a Site Sponsor, you will be dropped to Registered Guest status. You will have access to all guest areas, and will be able to post in those areas as well. But you will lose access to the Sponsor areas.
* If you choose to become a Site Sponsor, you have access to all areas of the board for a full year. The cost to become a site sponsor is $12 payable by Check or via PayPal to [email protected]

To send a check, send an Email to [email protected], and I will send my address for you.

Please send me any questions that you may have.
Thanks
Ct..

PopBeavers
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm just waiting for the web master to reply back with his snail mail address. My guess is that Chris does not check it often. I'll try again.

Bill
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Mike Laupp -

Thanks for picking up on this. I've been ourt of town for a couple days, but I alerted Chris to the problem today.

As for Paypal, I use it routinely BUT I have modified the form of payment to a credit card that I use exclusively for PayPal. That gives me two layers of protection - if PayPal does something I don't like, I can dispute the payment with the credit card people.

Spam? It is a fact of life. I don't how they get it, but they do, and I have railed against companies that I was sure had sold my data. I conducted an experiment a couple years ago. I signed up for two throw-away email addresses on Yahoo on the same day, certain that Yahoo would sell my info. I posted a couple random messages using one address. I never used the other. Sure enough, within 24 hours the spam came rolling in to the first address. I have never received a single email, spam or otherwise, on the second address. So in this case, simply using the address was enough to get on the spam lists - and NOT using it was enough to keep me off. Yahoo didn't sell it.

Bill

bell
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I have the address. Thanks I will now be a returned member. The deal received my 2010 2720LS today.It has many improvements over the 2004 that I had. Why are there two dump drains,one gray water,one on the toilet?

rumbleweed
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Actually Pay Pal does send spam. See attached. You have to unsubscribe to stop it.

mcgyver210
06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Bell that is Great that you got it & Congrats on your new Trailmanor.

Why are there two dump drains,one gray water,one on the toilet?

Bell Check this Post for answer Click Here (http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8486&highlight=gray+water)

Bill (moderator) that is the same type of thing I do to see where Spam comes from. Since I own a business I receive lots of spam but so far none fro eBay or PayPal. But I do opt out of the third party e-mail & even though I think it should be opt in not opt out I don't consider this spam IMO.

Chris
06-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Have I told you guys how much I love you all lately? :) Here's the URL for my address. I still get checks too.
Ct..

Chris
06-16-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6107

Wouldn't it be nice if he included the link???? Geeze, sorry guys. I'm a bubblehead at the moment.
Ct..

hsannerud
06-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Chris...could you please give me my "aniversary date" so that I don't let my membership lapse...I can't seem to find it on the site.

Thanks,

hsannerud

mcgyver210
06-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Chris...could you please give me my "aniversary date" so that I don't let my membership lapse...I can't seem to find it on the site.

Thanks,

hsannerud

Im not Chris but you should be able to see your date by going to your UserCP using the link at the top. Next on the left side go down towards bottom under Miscellaneous click on Paid Subscriptions. You should see your info at the top of the page under the header Active Subscriptions

PopBeavers
06-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Im not Chris but you should be able to see your date by going to your UserCP using the link at the top. Next on the left side go down towards bottom under Miscellaneous click on Paid Subscriptions. You should see your info at the top of the page under the header Active Subscriptions

When I try that I see the buttons to subscribe for 1, 2 or 3 years, but I can not see what date I first joined or when my current subscription will expire.

Nature Recorder
06-17-2009, 04:23 AM
On my screen, there is a box/line just above the box with the buttons to subscribe.
Lists "Paid Subscription", type of subscription (1yr 2yr etc), when paid date and expiration date.

hsannerud
06-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Billy....thanks for the help....found it!

Harry

PopBeavers
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
On my screen, there is a box/line just above the box with the buttons to subscribe.
Lists "Paid Subscription", type of subscription (1yr 2yr etc), when paid date and expiration date.

I do not get that box. I wonder why.

mcgyver210
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Billy....thanks for the help....found it!

Harry

Your very Welcome!!!

I do not get that box. I wonder why.

Wayne it may have something to do with the group you are currently in since you said you should be expired if I remember correct. Chris could have you in a holding group so that you can still access the board until he receives payment.

This is only one of many possible explanations because I know I have lots of options for members on my boards but none of them are VBulletin. Chris would be the only one that truly knows why you can't see status of your subscription though.

Bill
06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Wayne -

I can't believe it, but you (of all people!) have been downgraded to Registered Guest! But I suspect you knew that, since most of the board's forums must have disappeared for you. C'mon, big guy, you're another year older, and it's time to pony up!

Bill

ShrimpBurrito
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Wayne was demoted?!?! Gasp!

PopBeavers
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Fr awhile I count not even log in. So Chris must have reset something a least part way. I really need to get that check in the mail to Chris. Maybe tonight.

Last October there was a TM rally in Petaluma, just north of San Francisco. There were a little over 20 TMS there. At one of the group meetings someone suggested that you could read all of the stuff on TMO in a few days.

I dared them to try to read everyting I have posted since February 2005 in 3 days.

TMO and rv.net is my mental health therapy. I believe I am, shall we say, a little prolific. No one has ever accused me of not having an opinion to share. :)

I also hang out a little on a couple of mountain bike forums and also a motorcycle forum.