PDA

View Full Version : Fiamma Awning Closure Issue

commodor47
06-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Our awning has not retracted properly for some time. I decided to take a closer look at situation and noticed at least two contributing factors. The leading edge of the awning (which I will refer to as the "outrigger") had a slight inward curve (bowed in towards the TM). This slight curve prevented the awning from retracting completely. The red tab nearest the entry did not retract indicating the awning was not locked securely. I could see the extra space along the bottom and top of the awning case get larger towards the TM entry end of the awning. The second factor is the alignment of the extension arm elbows (see attached pdf file). Also attached is a Word Document tutorial on the adjustments I made to correct the awning retraction issue.

Dick

Bill
09-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Another tip for addressing a particular problem was gleaned from Fiamma by our Sponsor CeeWoo. See http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98477

CeeWoo wrote
I've now had more experience with my awning than anyone should ever have. It was nearly an inch from closing in the end above the door, and then the other end would stick when opening it. Anyhow, I wrote Fiamma and got some help from them in adjusting the awning to better close. With that, I got it within maybe 1/4" or so of closing.

I wrote to them one last time saying it's close but not quite there. Their tip was that if it's close, about 6" of tape stuck just in front of the 'roller' would increase the diameter of that end and it would take up more fabric. So, I stuck 6" of duct tape to the underside of the awning, rolled up the awning and Lordy Sakes alive - a perfect close!

Bill