PDA

View Full Version : A couple of pics of the Elkmont

countrygirl
03-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Some pics of the 2009 Elkmont at the Jacksonville, Florida RV Show.

mtnguy
03-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Great photos.

Where is the battery located??

countrygirl
03-09-2009, 06:54 AM
See the open hatch behind the trailer tongue...the battery is in there. You can also see that area when you lift up the queen size bed. In person the trailer tongue is HUGE...it appears longer then on a folding TM and the expanded metal area is really a nice size.

The last two pics are of the cabinet next to the refrigerator. They are nice and deep and there are 4 shelves in that cabinet. The drawers next to the bed would be great for socks/underwear etc.

Dixielou
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Wonder how much weight that metal tray on the trailer tongue could safely hold? Would be a great place for my two Honda EU2000i generators but what would that much weight do to trailer control? Anyone know if there is a weight restriction on the tongue tray?

Bill
03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Adding weight forward of the trailer axle should not impact trailer handling. It is weight behind the axle you have to worry about. With more weight up front, you might have to crank up the WDH an extra notch, but that is about it.

I have no idea how strong the metal tray is - that's a different question. But I'm sure the factory could tell you, and a dealer should be able to tell you. Let us know if you find out.

Bill