PDA

View Full Version : PetManor is Released by TrailManor

Civil_War_Buff
02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I am not sure that everyone received the email announcement of the PetManor from TrailManor, but I thought it was very cute!! Here is what the write up said:

PetManors are large enough for small-to-medium sized dogs at
approximately 16"h x 18"w x 34"d (inside), but small enough to fit
through the door of your TrailManor for storage or travel. They are
light enough to carry, and with the fully functional wheels at the
axle and tongue, one person can also easily roll a PetManor into place.

At home or on the move, your pets can enjoy the comforts of home in their own RV. As you would expect from a TrailManor product, PetManor walls are very well insulated (R7), with durable aluminum and polystyrene foam laminated panels. The interior even has easy-to-clean vinyl flooring.

And of course, just like your TrailManor, PetManors have been
computer balanced to eliminate sway. OK...not really - as tempting
as it may be, PetManors cannot and should not be towed!

Introductory price is only $229 (+ $25 shipping and handling).

(Optional side awning shade is available for only $25. Sorry, A/C
and TV antennas are not yet available.)

Call Laura at TrailManor (800) 707-7061

wmtire
02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
What! It doesn't fold down when you aren't using it. LOL

Seriously, it does look neat. I bet it would be a topic of conversation at the campgrounds, when you had it beside your regular Tmanor.

Wavery
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I think that it is way over-priced.........

If I were in TM's marketing dept, I would want to see those go for under $100 for the very reason that is mentioned in the previous post...."I bet it would be a topic of conversation at the campgrounds".....you can't buy that kind of advertising.....;). I'd want to see as many of those in CG as possible.

One of the most common questions that I get at the CG is, "Trailmanor.........HMMMMMM..........who builds that?" Not many people have heard of Trailmanor and they think that's just the name of the model and surely it must be made by a popular builder.

This is a very cleaver way of getting name recognition...........but not at $250. I'd bet that they would sell 10X as many if they got the price under $100. It would be worth it to have those in CGs everywhere.

I may be wrong but they look to be made out of left over material from when they cut out the windows etc.

jhill30
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I agree, a bit pricey, but still pretty cool.
too bad my dog is way to big for it (100 lb choc. lab)

Joseph
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Looks good.:) But I have to agree with the others. Too expensive.:new_Eyecr Also Harvey makes a good point about the advertising. The small TM, no wait, PM :p would be a conversation starter for folks with other RV's that also have pets. Lots of possible advertising there. I have noticed from reading the forum that many TM owners take their pets with them. Question for them. Is this something that you would really use or more of a item just to have for smiles? :)

Beak12
02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Question for them. Is this something that you would really use or more of a item just to have for smiles?

I don't need anything else to carry. Cat box, extra litter, a few play toys, scratch box. Is enough for me. LOL :new_bdays

countrygirl
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
This is so cute! I don't have a pet of my own...but this is cute!

B_and_D
02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd like one about 3 feet wide, 5 feet long, and 3 feet high with a built in radiant floor heater for our cat so we could keep her outside in her own little Petmanor at night, with LOTS of sound insulation. That way she wouldn't keep waking me up all night long :mad:. It's like having a newborn camping with us.

She's meowing at me now as I type this....and she is LOUD!

She has her own room now at the far end of the house from all of us where we can shut the (well-insulated) door and sleep in on the weekends.

The last time we left her at home, with someone coming in to check on her daily, she got really sick and we ended up with a $1,000 vet bill.

Bob&Karen
02-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Question for them. Is this something that you would really use or more of a item just to have for smiles? :)

Well, we'd need three of 'em, and at $250 a pop, that ain't gonna happen. We currently travel with our 'boys' in the soft-sided fold-down crates. Fold the second row seats on the Expedition down and the crates go in side-by-side. When the TM is set up, all the crates go inside. Makes for a crowded camper..

Wavery
02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Well, we'd need three of 'em, and at $250 a pop, that ain't gonna happen. We currently travel with our 'boys' in the soft-sided fold-down crates. Fold the second row seats on the Expedition down and the crates go in side-by-side. When the TM is set up, all the crates go inside. Makes for a crowded camper..

Ya but I'll bet they are a barrel of fun........:p

Who makes their dog sleep outside while camping anyway.....:confused:

They belong in bed, where it's toasty warm and cuddly....:)

rumbleweed
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
The reason we bought our TM was so we could travel with our 85lb boxer and be comfortable. If we got one of these we would end up sleeping in it while he slept in the bed.

jrai57
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info-they look good, but we also use the soft side crate inside the TM.

Maybe I'll try to make a crate cover like this......hmmmm.

BrigCA61
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Well, it sure is cute and I give TM credit for coming up with a very unique and clever addition to the TM family. I do think it is pricey for a "pet carrier" but for a unique, custom made item, it isn't out of line, price-wise. I have one negative though about this... there doesn't seem to be enough ventillation and it is way to dark for me to feel comfortable keeping my pet in that for any longer than 15 min - it looks like it would be like an isolation chamber for them. But cool item, just the same... I wouldn't use it for my pets tho. Besides, I already have nice collapsible crates for them with memory foam pads - they are spoiled! :-)

BrigCA61
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
The reason we bought our TM was so we could travel with our 85lb boxer and be comfortable. If we got one of these we would end up sleeping in it while he slept in the bed.

Lol!!! That's the way we feel... we've nicknamed our Trailmanor the Giant Pet Carrier - that is probably 50% of the reason why we bought it in the first place - so we never have to travel without them.

Bob&Karen
02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Ya but I'll bet they are a barrel of fun........:p

Who makes their dog sleep outside while camping anyway.....:confused:

They belong in bed, where it's toasty warm and cuddly....:)

Yeah, they are loads of fun - both when camping and at home. Even though the crates go inside the camper, two of the three sleep in the bed with us - the other doesn't really want to. Don't know why as Bostons are notorious bed burrowers! Does help to keep your feet warm, though:eek:

rumbleweed
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Now that we have determined that many of our pets sleep in bed with us, has anyone found a step solution that allows them to get up and down on the high beds that doesn't take too much of the precious storage space.
:cool:

CAmark
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
maybe TM should offer a Petscalator :cool: that folds down for travel?

Goingtothedogs
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
:) Very cute, but I would need 4 of them and at that cost I don't see it in the near future. But what a great conversation piece around the campfire!

scjbob
06-05-2009, 02:41 PM
maybe TM should offer a Petscalator :cool: that folds down for travel?

Or how about a Pet-evator?