PDA

View Full Version : Petaluma KOA Trailmanor Rally '09

Shandysplace
01-27-2009, 08:03 AM
After reading all the posts on the So Cal Rally thread and since it appeared no one was stepping forward to organize a rally either in So Cal or No Cal, Andy and I have begun to negotiate with Petaluma KOA for an '09 rally. There will definitely be one, most likely as it appears now in early October. Several attendees last year said they would enjoy returning in '09. Details will appear here soon together w/an e-mail to all last year's attendees.

This will leave Spring open for the possibility for something in So or Central CA or possibly even in the fall together with ours. Take it from us as well as several posters on the So Cal thread, if you want to have a So or Central CA rally, someone--as we did--has got to select a site, negotiate the terms w/a campground and book the rally.

We realize that if So or Central CA has a rally either this Spring or Fall our effort this Fall may be somewhat smaller. So regardless of whether we have 5 or 50, TMers are great fun to be with.

Beak12
01-27-2009, 08:58 AM
After reading all the posts on the So Cal Rally thread and since it appeared no one was stepping forward to organize a rally either in So Cal or No Cal, Andy and I have begun to negotiate with Petaluma KOA for an '09 rally. There will definitely be one, most likely as it appears now in early October. Several attendees last year said they would enjoy returning in '09. Details will appear here soon together w/an e-mail to all last year's attendees.

This will leave Spring open for the possibility for something in So or Central CA or possibly even in the fall together with ours. Take it from us as well as several posters on the So Cal thread, if you want to have a So or Central CA rally, someone--as we did--has got to select a site, negotiate the terms w/a campground and book the rally.

We realize that if So or Central CA has a rally either this Spring or Fall our effort this Fall may be somewhat smaller. So regardless of whether we have 5 or 50, TMers are great fun to be with.

I know Lars has already started talk with Campland on the Bay here in San Diego for a rally. I have given our name as folks who will show up. But I'm not sure of the dates.

Shandysplace
01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
We congratulate Lars for his efforts and hope you have a successful well attended rally.

Shandysplace
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
WEST COAST TRAILBLAZER
AND TM OWNER RALLY
Petaluma, CA KOA
October 2-4, 2009
http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05330/

http://www.trailmanor.com/images08/towing.jpg

The basics: $39/night + 12% tax. $10/site to offset expenses for Friday night dinner/Saturday lunch/ and Sunday morning continental breakfast. Agenda (subject to change) includes Friday night get together and spaghetti/salad dinner, Saturday morning trailer walk and keynote speaker, hamburger/hotdog lunch followed by Trailblazer meeting and socializing, potluck dinner followed by 50/50 raffle and entertainment. Sunday morning continental breakfast.

Registration: Call the Petaluma KOA at (707) 763-1492 and mention West Coast Trailblazers Rally No. 190730.

*Guests are those interested in purchasing a Trailmanor and desire to attend the event to gain knowledge and expertise on TM ownership and maintenance through direct contact w/TM owners. Guests w/trailers/RVs pay same rate and fees as TM owners (sited in a different part of the campground). Cabins (subject to availability) are $60/night for 4.

REFER TO ATTACHMENT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AND CANCELLATION POLICY.

Hope to see you there. Be sure to check out this video (best viewed in Quicktime) by George & Donna Nolan of last year's rally: http://campgwenzilla.homestead.com/TMrallyPetaluma2008movie.html

B_and_D
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll put it on my calendar. The cat's been fine after her surgery so hopefully she can stay home with DD while we attend the rally.

PopBeavers
02-12-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll put it on my calendar. The cat's been fine after her surgery so hopefully she can stay home with DD while we attend the rally.

I was so looking forward to meeting you last year. Maybe this time.

B_and_D
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
We've got a pretty busy summer schedule booked, Lake Paulina in OR with my cousins, Lodgepole in Sequoia, Seacliff State Beach (it's so far away ;)), and maybe Lake Almanor again? We need to buy new tires too....I hope we're not camped out by October!

It will be fun to finally get to meet everyone and see some others again who we've met before.

I just hope the gas prices stay down, especially for the Oregon trip. Last year it was over $5 a gallon in a lot of places :eek:.

B_and_D
05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Any updates on the rally? Is it still a go?

Shandysplace
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM
The Petaluma KOA Rally is a go if we're the only ones there. Currently, the number of registered TMers is somewhat lower than at the same time last year.

We'll be sending an e-mail to all on our mailing list in early June to try and get some idea of how many plan to attend. We have nearly 40 sites reserved.

In oder to get 1/2 the rec hall comped we need 13 registered TMers; to get the entire rec hall comped, we need 22. Last year we had 31.

Shandysplace
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
If you're planning to attend our TM rally on 10/2-4, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know so we can get some sense of the level of participation. Complete registration details are at post #4 of this thread.

robertkennel
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
we plan to attend Robert

Elderdude
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
We have made our reservations for Oct 2 for two nights. Never been to a rally before.

Art and Barb Terry

PopBeavers
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
We have made our reservations for Oct 2 for two nights. Never been to a rally before.

Art and Barb Terry

We had a great time last year.

You weren't the only local to miss out last year. B and D missed it, but I think they will be there this year.

I still need to book it.

Beak12
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
If you're planning to attend our TM rally on 10/2-4, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know so we can get some sense of the level of participation. Complete registration details are at post #4 of this thread.

Just made the call. We have grandkids in the area so we are arriving a day early and leaving a day later. Looking forward to this. Had a great time last year.

John

PopBeavers
08-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Can someone clarify the procedure, so I don't mess it up and waste time?

It looks like I need to run two different transactions;

1. call the campground (I know where that info is) to reserve the spot, no later than August 31, so I have time.

2. Become a member of the Trailblazers. How do I do that?

Is the sequence of these two events an issue?

I don't think I like that membership requirement. If this becomes a requirement then I won't be back in the future. Becoming a member of a club for the sole purpose of camping with friends I met last year does not sit will we me on principle. The only reason I am willing to spend money for this club is because I will be denied access to the rally if I don't and my interest is high enough to grin and bear it, only because Custom RV will be there and I have a few service/maintenance questions that they MAY be able to advise me on.

B_and_D
08-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't remember anyone mentioning being a member of the Trailblazers as a requirement for the special price last year, didn't you just have to mention that you were with that group? I think our KOA ValueKard (sp?) is still valid, but maybe it's expired....I'll have to check. Time flies. We only used it once for camping and a few times to dump at the KOA here by our house.

We're also planning on going, again having aging cat issues (DC is 20 now) but I'd really like to be there. Looking forward to some fun times & meeting some other TM owners!

Shandysplace
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
There is absolutely no requirement to be a member of Trailblazers or to have to join Trailblazers to receive the $39 + tax/nite rally rate. Further, should you decide to come to the rally early and/or leave late, you'll still receive the $39 + tax/nite rate so long as your stay is continuous. Last year quite a few arrived a day or two early and stayed a day or two late--all nites at the rally rate.

Sharon and I started the rally last year and 31 TMers had a great time. I was laid off on 6/25 and with the stresses of that unexpected event asked Ralph Sherer to take over as wagonmaster for this year.

Should anyone desire to join Trailblazers go to http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Misc/TrailBlazers/Club.htm for complete details. All the benefits and procedures to join are listed there.

This year Custom RV, San Diego is planning on bringing 3 2010 TMs to the rally along with service technicians--hopefully the new Mini, Elkmont and a regular folding model. KOA has generously donated 3 cites for the new TMs.

Hope to see you there.

B_and_D
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
We'd like to come, will most likely be making reservations by the 31st.

B & D

PopBeavers
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
FWIW,

Being the great procrastinator that I am, I did not book until today 9/1.

I still got the same rate.

DW and I will be there Friday through Sunday.

I am hoping to talk to the TM dealer about the tear in my awning and about some chips in the edge of the Formica counter tops.

If B and D make it, my wife is looking forward to playing that silly Choo-Choo Domino game.

Beak12
09-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Any count as of today????? :)

John

Shandysplace
09-02-2009, 08:23 PM
As of today 23 TMers are registered for the TM Rally at the Petaluma KOA on Oct 2-4. This means both rows alongside the rec hall are full and KOA has comped the full rec hall for our exclusive use.

KOA has extended the deadline another week or more for any really last minute TMers to participate in what is shaping up to be an exciting weekend.

ZekenSpider
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
We made reservations today and were added to the group reservation even though it is way past the cutoff date. Plan to arrive 10/1 evening and depart 10/5. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jerry & Essie.

B_and_D
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
How many reserved spots do we have now? I'm really looking forward to it! Was the pool still heated last year on the rally dates? I sounds like it's going to be hot that weekend & we'd enjoy a splash in the pool.

Should we bring anything special? Are there things you'd wished you'd brought last year and didn't?

We're bringing our own BBQ, but it's small.

Any ideas as to what to bring for the extra dish for Saturday dinner? I could bring along our bread machines & make garlic/parmesan breadsticks...those always get good reviews.

PopBeavers
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
As I recall the pool was open last year. We did not sue it, but it was just DW and I. I also seem to recall it was mostly kids in the water, not the adults.

I do not recall wishing I had brought something along last year, but I keep pretty much all my important stuff in the TM.

I keep that dumb choo-choo domino game in the TM. DW would enjoy playing that. I'll go for a walk or something. :)

B_and_D
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
As of today the trailer is washed outside & clean inside; still in the process of painting one of the rear bed supports. The primer went on yesterday, tomorrow it will get a few more coats, and a few more coats on Wednesday; on Thursday we'll put both of them back on. DH fixed the hole under the trailer, behind the wheel well, that our 2nd blowout made with triple sheets of sheet metal. I think we have our domino set somewhere out there too...now I just have to pack.

B_and_D
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I just got off the phone with Matt from Custom RV, I was asking about having some work done on our TM while their service tech's were at the rally. He said that they are bringing both a TrailMini and an Elkmont to the rally! :)

Beak12
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Well we washed TM two week ago and because it's 500+or- miles we will wash when we return. But refer is on (0800) and water is ice (1430) and following advice on this board. TM is open and using propane so fan is running. Our grandkids live only 4 or 5 miles from the KOA so we will be in and out of the rally. But look forward to seeing folks we met last year.
PS: Custom RV told me he would have a vary sharp pen to give me the exacet price I need to get a Elkmont. LOL

:D

B_and_D
11-09-2009, 09:49 AM
http://customrvsales.com/

They are asking for more photos to post on their website and also thanked us for the flowers.