PDA

View Full Version : They Do Exist, TM Sightings 2009

Bill
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
The "TM Sightings" thread was started in 1993 by ColoradoCop, one of our best contributors but now gone by the wayside. Can you imagine how long ago that was, and all that has happened in the meantime? It has been a lot of fun, but that thread has gotten unwieldy at more than 400 posts.

Wayne (PopBeavers) suggested that we terminate the original thread, and start a new one on the same topic for the current year. I think Wayne's idea was a good one, so I'm going to close the old thread, and start a new one right here. Keep those reports coming, folks!

Bill

PopBeavers
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009.

My nephew bought his first home, in Citrus Heights, near Sacramento. I used google maps to find a route to his house so we could stop by to visit. As we all know, google maps includes street view, which is essentially still photos of any neighborhood that google drove down. Though the pictures are not very clear at times, it looks like a TM in the driveway of a neighbor a few doors down from my nephew. It was not there when we visited and my nephew says he has not seen it. Perhaps the pictures were taken before he moved in around Thanksgiving.

Does a virtual sighting count?

LizarooK
01-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Yes Wayne, I think that it does count! Those google images are a snapshot in time. Our house was captured before our remodel started and when my son's car was in the driveway, before he moved away! Maybe the google car will drive by again now that my TM is up! ( It is my kitchen for the time being..)
Liz

B_and_D
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
We just got back from Sam's Family Spa in Desert Hot Springs, CA. There was a new 2720SL in the campground, so I went up and said Hi. They were a nice couple from Orange County; they knew about this board but it sounded like they weren't members. I told them about the possible TM rally in So. CA this spring.

On the way home we were driving west on Highway 101 by Malibu Canyon Road on Thursday afternoon, 1/8 about 1 pm, and saw a newer TM (looked smaller, like a 2619 or 2710) being towed by a white SUV going east on the other side of the freeway.

Re: Pop Beaver's sighting, wasn't there a couple from the Sacramento area at the TM rally in October? Maybe it's the same people...

countrygirl
01-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Today Tom saw a TM headed North on I 95 in Florida between Palm Coast and St. Augustine at about 12:47 pm. it was pulled by a white SUV.

TrailMan
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
We just got back from Camping at Lake Jennings, 20 miles east of San Diego, CA. When we pulled into our site, I noticed a TrailManor 3124 in the site just opposite ours. Turns out they bought at the same dealer we did in Anaheim, CA. I also know 2 co-workers that own Trailmanors (one that I talked into buying).

freein05
01-23-2009, 11:05 PM
We just got back from camping at Morro Bay on 1/20/09 we went through the State campground to check it out for out next trip we could not get a spot for a week in it so camped at a private one. We spied a 2720 camped in the state campground.

PopBeavers
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Over the weekend I stopped by to check out a TM that was listed on Craigslist in San Jose. It was only aout 2 miles from my house.

I have seen two others in San Jose. So, including mine there are (were) at leas 4. This one is now in Concord somewhere.

commodor47
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:35 am

TM heading East on I-82 approaching Cochise County Line having come from the Patagonia, AZ area. We were heading West (heading to Patagonia and Patagonia State Park) and passed each other going 65 mph. We were not pulling our TM at the time and by the time I noticed the TV and trailer approaching it was too late to get a good look at both.

Dick

ShrimpBurrito
02-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009 around 1:00-1:30pm

Saw 2 TM's traveling together heading west on Route 126 towards Ventura. We were headed east with our TM. Being that we were in opposing traffic, I only caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, but I want to say one was being towed by a silver or gray pick-up, perhaps a Ford F-150.

Anyone here?

Dave

commodor47
02-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Left Friday to visit friends in Mesa, AZ and returned to Bisbee, AZ late evening Saturday the 21st. Parked across from us was a 2006 3124 from CO. Met the new owners Sunday morning. They left Monday morning and were heading to Patagonia State Park, Patagonia, AZ.

jrai57
03-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Coming home today-Trailmanor towed by Gray ?Dodge Durango, they were headed North on Interstate 75 Dalton Ga, exit 333. Funny thing - they were followed by a Hi-Lo and then another TM!! Wow

Rnewmannh
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I have been “lurking” on this forum for a long time. Last month I became a trailmanor owner. I bought a 2008 3326King. I bought it at Texas RV Center in Cleburne Texas. On my first trip I traveled from Plano TX to my home in New Hampshire by way of New Orleans La., Port St. Lucie Fl., Asheville NC, and Providence RI (where we left the TT because of a snowstorm in NH.). Along the way we met two other Trailmanor owners (who knew all about this forum). The first was a couple from Minnesota at Pontchartrain Landing RV Park in New Orleans and the second was a couple from NH at Treasure Coast RV Park in Fort Pierce Fl. Both parks are excellent but a little pricey ($40+).

I must say a word about Texas RV Center (www.texasrvcenter.com). Until recently their primary business was reselling used RV’s (most repossessed I think). I bought a repossessed 2008 3326King for a very good price. They go through the entire RV to make sure everything works (I saw one all torn-up) . For the first 14 days they will fix things that don’t work, if you bring the TT back to them. Between the time I bought the TT and the time I picked it up (about 3 weeks). They bought the inventory of a nearby Trailmanor dealer that went out of business and they were in the process of becoming a Trailmanor dealer.

I can’t say anything but good things about my experience. Everything on my TT worked, they gave me an adequate walk through (although I relied heavily on checklists from this forum). They even helped me install my WD hitch even though I did not buy it from them. They were professional, friendly and helpful.

Thanks for everyone on this Forum for all the information that made this purchase possible and my first trip a successful one. The trailer has been occupied by 3 young grandchildren in three different states and the experience has been a very rewarding one. I look forward to many more enjoyable trips.

Queeniereads
03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Hooray! Glad you found Trailmanors and glad you are happy. We have had our TM for four years and are very happy! Queen

Wavery
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
We went camping at San Clemente State Park this weekend. There were 3 TM's in the park. Then I saw another one on Hwy 76 in Oceanside on Saturday...........4 TMs in one weekend.......:eek:

Digger
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
4 TM's in one weekend, WOW!. That's more than I've seen in 9,000 miles and over 3 months on the road. Guess there's just not as many on the road during the winter months. Did pass one about mile north of the Royal Gorge, CO yesterday.

Beak12
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Went camping at Lake Jennings (San Diego area) this past weekend. Saw a TM walked by once and drove by once. No one home so could not say hello.

commodor47
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Mile marker 129, I-75 North bound around Perry, GA at 4:10 pm; looked in my passenger side mirror to see another TM in tow approaching in the far right hand travel lane. Tennessee tags on the 3023 being towed by a dark colored Tahoe. Spare tire on back bumper of TM was shredded; hope there wasn't too much damage to the unit. Anyone here?

Dick

sharoden
05-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow, surprise surprise a Trailmanor in storage practically in by backyard, at the UStore It on Randall Road St. Charles, IL

newtome3326k
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
We were on our way to Lake Mineral Wells State Park on I 20 West outside of Weatherford TX passed a TM pulled by a pick-up going East on May 8th. Anyone on this Forum?

Scott O
05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Last week in Wine Country RV in Paso Robles...anyone here?

cali camping
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Sunday, May 14th in the afternoon while west bound just east of Bodega Bay, saw 2 in a row opposite direction. Looked to be older models-anyone here?

CAmark
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Chip -- Sunday the 17th? Sounds like we were headed the same direction as you so it must not have been us you saw. We left Doran Beach about 11:30 (it almost hurt to leave such a gorgeous day at the beach for 100 degrees in Pleasanton) headed toward Petaluma.

-- an additional possible sighting of another TM in the Sonoma Coast area...Friday 5/15 ~6:30 after setting up at Doran Beach we were headed back east to Valley Ford for dinner at Dinnuci's and I thought I saw on older TM (didn't get a good look so thought it could be a Hi-Lo) headed west.
Mark

cali camping
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Chip -- Sunday the 17th? Sounds like we were headed the same direction as you so it must not have been us you saw. We left Doran Beach about 11:30 (it almost hurt to leave such a gorgeous day at the beach for 100 degrees in Pleasanton) headed toward Petaluma.

-- an additional possible sighting of another TM in the Sonoma Coast area...Friday 5/15 ~6:30 after setting up at Doran Beach we were headed back east to Valley Ford for dinner at Dinnuci's and I thought I saw on older TM (didn't get a good look so thought it could be a Hi-Lo) headed west.
Mark

Mark,
I know the wording I used in describing our direction and location was kind of lame so I understand the confusion, but we were headed to Doran Beach on Sunday so we were headed in the opposite direction. We got spot 105 this time, next to the best spot in the park (104). We stayed thru Wednesday and the weather was awesome!

markandanne
05-25-2009, 08:57 PM
One sighting last week and 3 on this weekend's trip to Cheyenne Mtn St Park:

1. 5/17 had a green pickup with a TM parked around the corner from our house on Emerald Dr in Longmont, CO

2. A 2720 with 3 young children in the spot next to us on the Gobbler Grove loop of CMSP the first night 5/22.

3. An older TM with a truck around the corner on the Swift Puma loop of CMSP was there at least yesterday 5/24 and today 5/25.

4. Today, 5/25 I-25 Southbound (as we were heading back home Northbound) at 11:45 am around exit 184, smaller 2619 or 2720 with newer graphics.

You can tell it's Springtime and people are getting out and about (including us)!

mjlaupp
05-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Spotted a TM eastbound on Hwy 66 going into Mountain View Tuesday May 26th around 3:00 - 4:00 pm. Looked to have newer model graphics and was towed by a beige colored pickup.

dugb527
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I've towed my TM's approximately 19,500 miles since I purchased my first one in 2004 and have seen a total of 11 in all of those travels. That's one for each 1,772 miles traveled. Those cloaking devices work great I guess.

Al-n-Sue
05-28-2009, 08:39 AM
dugb527 - can you make your avatar smaller? - it takes the whole screen!

purpleg
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
We were leaving the Cherry Hill campground in Cottage Park, Maryland, outside of Washington DC on Monday, May 18. As we drove by the pool/shower building, we saw a trailmanor a few spaces over with New York plates. Didn't see anyone there so we didnt stop. Was it anyone here?

pg

countrygirl
06-01-2009, 10:16 AM
My husband, son and brother in law are on a motorcycle trip. The left Florida on Saturday and spent last night in Columbia Missouri. This morning on I 70 between Columbia and Kansas City they passed an Elkmont that was also headed toward Kansas City. I can't remember what he said the tow vehicle was and have to wait for the next phone call to post that info. They are now in St. Joseph and they hope to make it to Grand Island Nebraska by late afternoon.

ng2951
06-02-2009, 06:51 PM
If you see one around Fredericksburg, TX. Its me. With luck it might be on the Outdoors Channel as they were doing a shoot at the Tin Star Ranch...

BullseyeB
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
We just bought our 2002 3124KS!!! :cool: Very excited! Our first trip will be a local weekender at Gaviota State Beach in the end of June. Can't wait!

We saw a TM at Refugio State Beach Park/Campground a month ago and just saw it again last weekend (same spot)! It was all hooked up and looked like they are in for the long haul!

jhill30
06-04-2009, 10:48 AM
saw two headed towards branson, mo. this past weekend.
both looked like 2619. both on hwy 65 north I believe.

ragmopp
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
This morning while driving by Moving West RV park in Graeagle Ca. I noticed a TM sitting in there. Per chance a member?

Mike Anderson

rumbleweed
06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Ran into an 05 TM and the owner at the Maryland Helicopter Fun Fly in Waldorf MD this weekend.

markndeb1970
06-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Spotted a TM going west on RT 74 in Illinois near Champaign today, was an older model color beige with no window cover in the rear and the rear window was very wide, square bumper with spare tire carrier. Looked like the size of a 2720. Old but still going!

mtnguy
06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Spotted a TM being pulled by a Durango (??) on Rt. 13 north near Cape Charles on Virginia's Eastern Shore about 10a yesterday.

Al-n-Sue
06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
We saw a TM in loop B at Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Never got a chance to stop by. Looked like a 2720 size and maybe a Chevy pickup TV. Our friends told us they saw one in loop D as well.

Anyone on the forum?

(if you saw 2 3124KBs in loop E that was us and our friends.)

kpierce
06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
June 13, 2009 and I was heading back from the trash transfer station and I saw a TM drive by. I cleared the light and put the juice to the truck and saw that they were turning into the City of Allen, TX and I was not going to make this light. As luck would have it they turned into the Wendy's parking lot and into the drive thur and I was able to see that they had a 2720. I stop and said Hi and asked how long they had their TM which was two years bought used. I told them about the board but had to move due to traffic. Hope to see them on the board soon.

kempert
06-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I've been on station as the campground host in Colorado National Monument since early April (for my second year). Besides mine, there have been 6 other TMs here. One couple from Moab comes each Spring for a weekend. Two couples in Grand Junction (about 15 miles away) have been up here along with two couples from Colorado Springs. The other one was from somewhere back East. I've also seen 2 along the highway. None of the owners that I've talked to belong to this board. I've encouraged each and every one of them to check it out.

lnussbau
06-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I've spotted 80-some TMs here in the same campground (America's Best, Branson, MO) -- Trailblazer's Jubilee, of course.

TMs everywhere -- nice...

countrygirl
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Tom spotted a Tm possibly an an older 2720 North bound on A1A in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. about 12:30 p.m. today. He said the graphics colors were a light bluish color. He was returning home from an errand and looked to see if my Jeep was still at work or if I had gone to lunch. It was then he saw the Trailmanor...he was so surprised to see the TM... he never saw the tow vehicle.

ronanderson
06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
We met a couple this past weekend camping in a 93 model 23 TM, they were only camping about 20 miles from home because of the heavier weight of the older model TM's. I suppose that is due to the wood in the frame work. We wre camping in the shendoah mountains of Virginia.

Bill & Lisa
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Saw two over the 4th of July weekend at Chesapeake Northwest River Park. One couple from Mississipi and the others out on their very first night camping in their TM! They had just purchased the TM from Tim and Jackie at Chesapeke RV Solutions and as part of the service they set them up for the first night at the campground which was only about 2 miles from the dealership. Of course once Jackie found out we were at the same campground she offered us up to handle and questions/problems. We were happy to do it and told both couples about this website. I saw Tim and Jackie drive through the campground checking on their latest customers after they closed up shop on the 4th! They are just plain "good folks".

ThePair
07-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Spotted my first TM today, in I-80 in Indiana, at a BP in a rest stop. The TV was blocked by the pumps, but the TM was in full view!

This was on the Westbound side of the highway, just before the 90/94 split, around 4:00 PM CST.

I got all excited and tried to point it out to DW, but we were already past it by the time she tried to catch a glimpse.

I had three groups of people come by our TM while camped to ask questions. Two men came by to chat, both of whom were very intrigued by it, both with separate "issues" that the TM would resolve: One wanted to move "up" from tent camping, but his wife didn't want canvas. The other's wife wanted to move up from canvas, but wanted a full size TT, which would have meant replacing their TV, which the man I was talking to really didn't want to do.

I pointed them in the direction of the TM website, then they rode out before I could get into discussing this community. Well, hopefully they'll look into it and be as happy as we are with our purchase :)

Nature Recorder
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Spotted a new 2010 Elkmont in my driveway on Friday July 17th. It appeared around 3pm PDT. Spent the weekend equipping it for future camping trips. Took it for a trial tow up and around Mount Hood here on Sunday. TV and TM handled very well. Will take some time getting used to not seeing out of the rear view mirror, and rely on the side view mirrors, but a big white screen.

CowboysFan78
07-23-2009, 08:54 AM
We seem to be the only TM whenever we camp! We were at Hershey Highmeadow Campground this past weekend and had MANY people come over and ask us about our trailer, and we even gave a few tours!! It was neat!! :-) My friends camping a few sites down kept coming by and saying, "Is this the open house?" Haha!

Al-n-Sue
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
We were not the only TM at the last campground we were at (Mueller SP near Colorado Springs) - we had 18 trailers from the Mile High Trailblazers and 4 from a church group we camp with - we are members of both groups! Despite all the TMs around, as we were packing up Sunday afternoon, the ranger stopped by - I wondered what I'd done - but he just said "I've never seen one of these fold down" - so I gave him a little demo! I think he was reasonably impressed.

paulgart
07-25-2009, 01:31 PM
We just got back yesterday (7/24/09) after a 2600 mile TrailManor adventure from Longmont Colorado to Bodega Bay California and back! This was only our third outing with our TM and was educational. For instance, We won't use our Thule bike rack on the rear hitch again. My bike broke both straps south of Ducesne Utah and dragged along the road for a bit until a motorist alerted us to the situation. (There is a thread on this subject on the Forum, but I chose to ignore the good advice to avoid putting your bikes where you can't see 'em.....)
But THIS thread is devoted to TrailManor sightings! We saw no other TrailManors until we were setting up in site 9 at the KOA in Salt Lake City on 7/23/09. There is a beautiful 3023 with Washington State plates in the RV storage area adjacent to the KOA.
Then yesterday, 7/24, we saw two TMs within about 5 minutes of each other heading north toward Laramie Wyoming on Route 287 out of Ft. Collins Colorado.
Best Wishes for Safe and Happy Camping!

PopBeavers
07-25-2009, 01:56 PM
If your trip to Bodega Bay had been the first weekend of October, you would have been able to stop by the Petaluma KOA. Last year we had 31 TMs.

kpierce
07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I saw a Eastbound Trailmanor model unknown on Highway 380 between Denton, TX and McKinney, TX on 7/26/09 pulled by Black? SUV. There were several cars between me and the TM so I did not get a good look at the unit.

B_and_D
07-28-2009, 01:10 AM
It could have been the old "Texas Camper", a former board member. He lives near there. I think he had a 2619 and a Trailblazer.

mtnguy
08-01-2009, 05:23 AM
This photo was posted on RVpics.com from Elk Neck Campground in NE. Maryland.

baby jane
08-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Bill and I have spotted 5 TM's so far, on the road, since we purchased our TM in May of 2009. Weekend of July 25-2009, we were getting gas in Gunnison Colorado, after going to Lake City, Colorado for 4 days, and the same make TM as ours, pulled in right behind us to get gas. One whole side of the gas pump was taken up with 2 TM's.
This couple was from Colorado Springs, as we are.
Baby Jane

markandanne
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
On a three-week trip to ME and back from CO. Went to pick up Mark @ Bradley Int'l outside Hartford, CT today and, heading back to campground in MA, I saw the first TM of the trip other than my own, heading SB on I-91 just south of MA state line at 3:15 pm. A couple of bikes mounted on the rear. Didn't see the TV but think it was gray/silver.

Anne

Al-n-Sue
08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
We pulled into Elk Creek Campground in Grand Lake (CO) on Friday and as we were setting up, another TM came by. We waved and mentally scheduled a walk later to see them.

When we finished setting up, I looked over at that next site (a little hidden by trees, but visible nontheless) and there was the TM we had seen! Went over to visit and low and behold they have the same model as us (3124KB but 2005 vs our 2003), were from Monument (as we are), and the wife was the pharmacist at our local grocery store!! In addition, when we returned to our storage lot, we discovered that the 3124 that had been parked two sites over from us must have been theirs - since it was gone.

In addition, on the way south on I-25 from Denver we saw an older (pre-2003 based on the color) TM - maybe a 2720 or 3023, being pulled by a white pickup - GM or Ford.

G-V_Driver
08-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Two consecutive campgrounds where we were able to sit and watch TM's arrive and set up a few spaces away from our site. As usual, good folks in both rigs, both from eastern CO, both happy customers of The Car Show.

Redhawk
08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
We did our maiden voyage with our "new" (to us) 2619 this weekend. Our TV is a Highlander. After we finished inside, I walked out and the space next to us was occupied by a '09 3124 TM, and their TV was a Highlander. What are the chances of that happening?

O2BOutside
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Saw my first Trailmanor at Big Meadow in California Sierra Nevada mountains on July 31, 2009. Pretty cool.

Bill & Lisa
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
We pulled into Elk Creek Campground in Grand Lake (CO) on Friday and as we were setting up, another TM came by. We waved and mentally scheduled a walk later to see them.

When we finished setting up, I looked over at that next site (a little hidden by trees, but visible nontheless) and there was the TM we had seen! Went over to visit and low and behold they have the same model as us (3124KB but 2005 vs our 2003), were from Monument (as we are), and the wife was the pharmacist at our local grocery store!! In addition, when we returned to our storage lot, we discovered that the 3124 that had been parked two sites over from us must have been theirs - since it was gone.

In addition, on the way south on I-25 from Denver we saw an older (pre-2003 based on the color) TM - maybe a 2720 or 3023, being pulled by a white pickup - GM or Ford.

AL-N-Sue, so was the photo posted by mtnguy of your TM or the other couple's?

Al-n-Sue
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Neither - Elk NECK in apparently in Maryland. We were in Colorado at Elk CREEK!

Those pesky elk are everywhere! lol
Alan

G-V_Driver
08-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Our '03 3124KS was parked next to a 03' 3124KB in Colorado Springs the last few days. Both owners were very complimentary of the others' rig.:p

AstroBruce
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
That was us, at Elk Neck State Park, MD. We are leaving for Waves, NC on Tuesday. Will be staying at Ocean Waves Campground for a week.

sallby
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
We have seen no less than 7 TM's since the start of our Yellowstone adventure. One 2010 in Cheyenne, Wy was heading for Alaska. I hope they post their adventure. It is super to talk with other TM owners about their rigs. Everyone loves them.

markandanne
08-14-2009, 09:45 PM
I had the second TM siting of our three-week trip to Maine and back today on the last leg of our drive back home. The other TM was heading EB on I-70 just east of Goodland, KS about mile marker 22 around 9:20 am CDT. I noticed them and they noticed me and we exchanged waves in passing.

ShrimpBurrito
08-16-2009, 10:02 PM
On Saturday, August 15 at around 12 noon or 1pm, my wife spotted a TM pulling out of the Mobil station on California Route 120 East at the intersection of US 395. You can see Mono Lake from the place. I sure hope you ate there -- despite the atmosphere, they have some really tasty cuisine. Not food, cuisine. At a gas station. It's amazing.

Dave

Scott O
08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone with a TM currently camping at Campland in San Diego? We spotted one near the Huff n Puff kids park...no one seemed to be home.

TexasCamper
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
We spotted a TM(3023?) at the campground at Zion National Park end of July. Gone by 8/1. You looked good there. Also, Kudu's to you....we weren't brave enough to stay there since it didn't have full hookups!

John

Wavery
08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
On Saturday, August 15 at around 12 noon or 1pm, my wife spotted a TM pulling out of the Mobil station on California Route 120 East at the intersection of US 395. You can see Mono Lake from the place. I sure hope you ate there -- despite the atmosphere, they have some really tasty cuisine. Not food, cuisine. At a gas station. It's amazing.

Dave

I'll keep that in mind. We are going to Bridgeport for Labor Day weekend.

O2BOutside
08-17-2009, 10:33 PM
On August 16, saw an older TM at Reverse Creek Campground in the June Lakes area in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

O2BOutside
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
On August 17, saw another older TM at Zepher Cove RV Resort at Lake Tahoe.

O2BOutside
08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey Dave, I was at Route 120 East at the intersection of US 395 around 4:00 PM on August 15th. There must more of us than we thought.

ShrimpBurrito
08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
On August 16, saw an older TM at Reverse Creek Campground in the June Lakes area in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

Holy cow, we were there!! We were in a site that the road curved around. We were at the site the entire morning until we left to come home around 10am. Our Sequoia was there.....it is silver in color. Did you notice the TV?

I do seem to recall seeing a Tundra pull out....grey or green maybe?

Dave

ShrimpBurrito
08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey Dave, I was at Route 120 East at the intersection of US 395 around 4:00 PM on August 15th. There must more of us than we thought.

Yea, it definitely wasn't that late. Wow, so that was 3 TM's in that area that weekend. Impressive. Where did you camp?

Dave

O2BOutside
08-17-2009, 10:51 PM
That was you! Cool! I was actually camped at Mono Vista RV camp. We had planned on getting a site at Saddlebag but it was full. So found this place and did the June Lake loop and decided to check out the campgrounds for future camping spots.

ShrimpBurrito
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I was surprised at how many people were there. We passed by June Lake and Gull Lake, and they were both full. So we figured we'd try Reversed Creek because it didn't have water access -- we found a spot, but the pickings were slim, and not real great as far as NF campgrounds go. As you may have noticed, those sites were fairly tightly spaced.

Dave

O2BOutside
08-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I prefer what is called "dispersed camping". I was surprised to find out that there is no dispersed camping west of 395. This was how I was going to camp but... I was surprised at how many people were out camping and how tight the camp sites were. Note to self if camping on the eastern Sierras make reservations.

Digger
08-20-2009, 09:07 PM
3124 king on the waterfront in Seward, Alaska. Had 4 pods mounted on top down center line of front shell. No idea what they were ???, no one home.

paulgart
08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
We were at Zephyr Cove on 7/14 with our 2619. It's a beautiful location but wasn't worth the $71 we were charged for one night!
Also, the campsites are close together and couple upwind of us maintained a smoky campfire late into the night about 20 feet from our bedroom.
All was well as I was camping with my "Best Girl" in our TrailManor...

paulgart
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
My son and I played golf at the Mad Russian Golf Course near Milliken Colorado yesterday (8/26). While on the course we spotted a TrailManor set up at a residence. When we finished our round (my son whipped my patoot, BTW), we drove by.
If anyone had been out we'd have given them a greeting. Also, there was a Schnauzer standing guard!

O2BOutside
08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
On August 27 around 5 pm was heading up the "hill" from work on 180 saw an older TM heading up to Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park. Being towed by some kind of white pickup.

O2BOutside
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I agree with you Paul...Zepher Cove is way too expensive for my taste. Won't be going back there again.

PopBeavers
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
The only time we stayed near the lake was at Donner SP, just a bit west of Truckee, but they do not have hookups.

Very clean and quiet.

sail_ski
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Saw TM on I-90 heading west near Sioux Falls,SD Tuesday Aug 11,2009

Also went camping @ Devils Lake State Park near Baraboo,WI. A 2619 from Georgia was about 10 sites from our 2720SL.
Aug 16-18th

Future
you will see a 2720SL in Starting October 8th going from WI to Sioux Falls,SD then taking a sightseeing trip down to San Antonio,TX & ending up @ Padre Island National seashore then back up to WI in November. Let me know if I'm spotted.

Bob :)

scoobysue
09-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Just got back from Labor Day weekend in Ocean City, MD and had a blast... We were shocked when we started backing into our site and and right next to us was another tm!! What are the odds? You hardly never see one but we have one right next to us. What a nice older couple from Delware. We shared tips/tricks and were super delighted to be next to each other!!!!:)

markandanne
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Another TM pulled in a couple of sites away from us over Labor Day at Snow Mountain Ranch (YMCA of the Rockies by Winter Park). We didn't get a chance to talk to them because we were all too busy, but we both smiled and waved. The reservation tag at their site had the name Barton for what it's worth...

Al-n-Sue
09-10-2009, 08:47 AM
A little off topic, but how was SMR? Last time we were through there they had cut a lot of trees in the campground.

Al-n-Sue
09-10-2009, 08:53 AM
We were headed west on US 50 just east of Gunnison on Thursday before Labor Day and saw a TM headed east. Couldn't be sure of the size but looked like a 2720.

While we were enjoying One Mile campground on the Taylor River, on Monday we saw a TM headed west on the hwy from Taylor Resv to Almont.

Then when we left on Tuesday we stopped to dump at The Tall Texan Resort just north of Gunnison - saw a 2619 there and met the owner - a fellow from Austin, TX.

And of course, there were two of us (both 3124s) at One Mile. (BTW, I entered a review of the campground at rvparkreviews.com.)

B_and_D
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
We were taking our afternoon weekend walk along Seacliff Beach this afternoon and immediately spotted a TM down at the very end of the campground. It was a 2720, just like ours.

Of course we had to go yak it up with them! They were a nice younger couple with children, from not too far away in CA, on their first trip in the TM. They bought it used, it's a 2001. It's in amazingly great condition for being 8 years old.

We told them about the rally in Petaluma and this website; hopefully we'll be hearing from them again soon.

paulgart
09-14-2009, 06:52 AM
We had TM sighting on Sunday September 13th at about 12:30pm right near the intersection of Colorado 82 and Colorado 24. We had come over Independence Pass and were heading north to Leadville. The rig was set up; possibly for a picnic? We had just accelerated onto CO 24 and didn't catch the model number.
The aspen are changing color early this year and it looks like the next few weeks are going to be prime.

camp2canoe
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Passed a larger TM northbound on I55 at Lincoln, Illinois at, perhaps, 2:00 Sunday, September 13. As I was headed south, I didn't have much time to look at the tow vehicle. - camp2canoe

HappyWDWCampers
09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Saw one!! It was driving east bound on the PA turnpike on the 19th of September. We saw it around 10:30am at the 140 mile marker. We were headed west so we were trying to hard to identify it over the cement barrier (we think it might have been a 2619 or a 2720) that we totally missed the tow vehicle.

Beak12
09-22-2009, 12:56 AM
We were camping at Lake Jennings, Lakeside, CA. 19Sep09 Found a 3124 camping about 6 spaces away from us. Talked to the owners they pull it with a Honda Pilot??? Not sure I would try that.

Bluegrass
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
We saw a bunch during our stay at Yellowstone. A TM (2619?) was just leaving the Fishing Bridge area as we arrived on 9/13. There was a 3023 from Colorado in the Fishing Bridge campground most of the week. I lost the owner's name but remember that Dad owned the truck and his son owned the TM. We met Jim Woodman with his brand new 3124kb at Mammoth Hot Springs. Jim neglected to make reservations and was scurrying about trying to find a camping spot. I think he wound up at Madison. There was also a 2720sl in the campground way in the back but we never found the owners at the campsite.

Tuscany Bandit
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
John,
We are going to Lake Jennings Site #9 on October 16th (four nights) for the first time!!
We do Geocaching while camping at most places where we go to camp and it looks like quite a few around there...can't wait to go!

RollingStones
09-22-2009, 10:38 PM
We were at June Lake ( Gull Lake) the first Sat in Aug and then Zephyr Cove for a week. ( Totally agree w/ previous posts re: Zephyr Cove, not worth the price at all!!) Then Sacramento Big Sur and then Pismo Beach. This is the first time we went the entire time without seeing a TM. There was an older TM at Pismo, the couple said hello, but I didn't see their rig. We always seem to run into at least one TM during our outing. I make a point to walk the dog over and say hello most of the time. So I guess, I have nothing to add. Except we have been to alot of the places mentioned in So Cal. The dates just don't fit.

lnussbau
09-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Twice over the last week I've driven past a cell phone building (or maybe microwave) on 160th St. just east of Huron in Broomfield, CO. Both times there was a TM parked inside the fence (and it's opened, not folded). Prior to this I'd not seen it there.

P and B
10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I just saw my first "other" TM yesterday coming across the causeway into Bar harbor Me at about 3pm. We're at the Narrows Too CG and they looked like they were headed closer to the town.

Phil

Al-n-Sue
10-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Saw a 3326 headed south on I-25 just east of Santa Fe on Sunday about noon. It was on the part of I-25 that goes east-west towards Santa Fe. It was pulled by a pickup. Anybody here?

We were headed back to Colorado Springs after attending the opening day of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I'll try to post a trip report this week.

JOEALAN
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
My wife and I were going to San Francisco by bus (AC Transit green MCI) approx. 11:30 this morning, just passing through Berkeley when I look over to the right of me I see a TM. It look like 2720 or smaller pulled by a truck. Most likely someone returning home from the TM rally located Petaluma.

Joe S.

PopBeavers
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
My wife and I were go to San Francisco by bus (AC Transit green MCI) approx. 11:30 this morning (Monday, Oct. 5) when I look over to the right of me I see a TM. It look like 2720 or smaller pulled by a truck. I'm thinking propbably someone returning home from the TM rally located Petaluma.

Joe S.

By the time I left the rally at about 12:15, the few TMs that were left were going to be there awhile.

I believe our official count was 25, not counting the two that the dealer had to show.

Beak12
10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
ON Oct 20,09 on I15 south returning from the Pomona RV Show a few miles north of Escondido Ca. It was a older model I could not see the model number.

:rolleyes:

Tuscany Bandit
10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
John,
We were returning home from four days camping at Lake Jennings on the 20th and was north bound on the I15 north of Escondido at around 12:30 PM. Could it have been us you saw?

Beak12
10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
John,
We were returning home from four days camping at Lake Jennings on the 20th and was north bound on the I15 north of Escondido at around 12:30 PM. Could it have been us you saw?

Don't think it was you. This TM was going south.
:o

rjlwork
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
This was our second trip to a local campground and our second TM sighting! They parked a 3023 2 sites down from us; a local man and his son from the same area (Hillard); we're from Reynoldsburg. All suburbs of Columbus, Ohio.

Judy
2010 Trailmini
2007 Buick Rendevous

whitegs
11-01-2009, 08:25 AM
We're camped here visiting my children who live in Birmingham. My birthday is Halloween and my son's 2 days later on Nov. 2. It's Talladega weekend here in Alabama so there are a lot of visitors.

Yesterday afternoon there was a knock on our door and Roger and Marcia from Colorado introduced themselves. They are camped two sites over in their TM so that was the first other TM we've seen camping. They are on a 3 month trip and were here for the race. Roger shared a lot of tips since we just got our TM and he's been using his since 2006. It's sort of cold here surprisingly and he suggested pool noodles under the velcro and space heaters instead of using the propane heater.

This is our second trip. The first was for 2 weeks also visiting relatives in NY and NH. Setting up and tearing down have become pretty straightforward and we're very happy with our purchase.

Doc

lnussbau
11-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Yesterday afternoon there was a knock on our door and Roger and Marcia from Colorado introduced themselves. They are camped two sites over in their TM so that was the first other TM we've seen camping. They are on a 3 month trip and were here for the race. Roger shared a lot of tips since we just got our TM and he's been using his since 2006. It's sort of cold here surprisingly and he suggested pool noodles under the velcro and space heaters instead of using the propane heater.

Doc

If Roger and Marcia are there, you might also check whether Dave and Marilyn are also there, as the two couples were traveling together, last I knew. In any case, if you see them again tell them Larry (the video guy) from Colorado says, "Hi," and that we're considering Moab.

Enjoy.

whitegs
11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Larry,

When we left early this morning Roger and Marcia's trailer was still dark. It was nice meeting them. They had separated from their traveling partners and were just coming off a week at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola.

Doc

lnussbau
11-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks, Doc. I hadn't realized they'd separated, but I guess it IS near the end of the three months they were doing.

Queeniereads
11-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Saw a TM headed south about six miles north of the FL border. Towed by a white SUV. Pulled into the FL rest stop, but I missed them. I gave them a thumbs up, but they probably think I am a nut since my TM was almost an hour behind me being pulled by a big red truck...and I was in a silver mercury sable. LOL We are now full time for the next 3 months in a FL RV Park as we house-hunt.

daneco
11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
A TM passed us as we were heading west on I-40, we travel slowly especially against a headwind with our minivan, and honked as they drove by. Anybody know who it might be? was from California.

david & neila
picton heading to BC via southern route:D

ED-n-KEL
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
We saw a 2720SL with Ohio plates being towed by a red full size Chevy van at Fountainbleau SP (Mandeville, LA) this past Sat/Sun. (Nov14/15) They came in late Saturday, and we left early Sunday.
We had some great camping weather last week.

mtnguy
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I spotted a newer model, smaller TM (2619??) this morning (11/25/09) about 10:30a heading southbound on Rt. 29 north of Charlottesville, VA. I was being pulled by a Sprinter Van, and it was following a Class B RV.

kayakgirls
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Spotted a new TM at the Fort Wilderness Campground at Disney World this morning. Congrats to the new owners. It was nice to chat with you. We're in our 1996 2720TM at the park and loving it.

Kelly & Suzie

B_and_D
12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
A friend from work was on her way to S. CA and was at the intersection of Highway 46 & I-5 on Tuesday, Dec. 22nd. She saw a TM pulling into a gas station. She wasn't sure of the tow vehicle but vaguely remembered it being a truck like ours. I think she sees more TM's than we do on the road!

PopBeavers
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Two more days and it will be time to close off this thread and start a new one for 2011.

CAmark
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Two more days and it will be time to close off this thread and start a new one for 2011....you're a year ahead of the rest of us Wayne. :D --Happy New Year and keep em coming. mark

B_and_D
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I went through and counted the sightings and have come up with this number for 2009 (not including the rallies): 122. Sightings of your own TM don't count.

Numbers reported at rallies: 80 + 18 + 25 = 123

So the grand total is 245, if we minus the 3 people who reported the numbers at the rallies then it makes 242.

It's hard to tell from some of the posts how many people have seen.

If anyone is bored and would like to count them up again please do so.

Happy New Year, goodbye 2009, hello 2010 and 2011 (I'm getting too old to want to skip a year any more)! :new_bdays