PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing the 2720SL

RogerR
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Last winter my I simply opened the all the taps and allowed the water to run out. This spring the outside shower was cracked and had to be replaced.

Does anyone have any suggestions on extra winterizing steps. I will use my compressor to blow out the lines this time. The instructions do not require it but I could also remove the sacrificial anode.

commodor47
10-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Last winter my I simply opened the all the taps and allowed the water to run out. This spring the outside shower was cracked and had to be replaced.

Does anyone have any suggestions on extra winterizing steps. I will use my compressor to blow out the lines this time. The instructions do not require it but I could also remove the sacrificial anode.

You might find this recent thread helpful:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7953&highlight=winterizing

Dick

grakin
10-17-2008, 07:55 AM
I've been camping the last few days in below freezing nights in the TM...the only winterizing I needed to do was make sure I had full propane tanks and plenty of beer. ;)

Al-n-Sue
10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Many folks will remove the sprayer from the shower head and the outside shower. This insures that the lines drain and there is no water left in the shower head. I also remove the faucet arm from the kitchen sink since it is a simple screw on fitting. (It also keeps it from getting any pressure from the bed that sits on top of it when closed.) I also turn all the faucet valves on to relieve any pressure and allow water to evaporate. Otherwise opening all the drains (4 of them) is really all you are supposed to have to do.

RogerR
10-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I can't get to that site, I can take off the shower, etc. How about the sacrificail anode in the water heater?

Bill
10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Roger -

The reason you can't get to this discussion is that it is in the Sponsor's section, and your trial membership ran out long ago. You might consider becoming a Sponsor - it is cheap, it pays the expenses of the board, and it gives you full access to everything for a year.

For details, go to the entry page for this board at www.trailmanorowners.com, and read about Site Sponsorship. There is a lot of discussion about winterizing, and also about the sacrificial anode. As it turns out, you'll spend less for Sponsor status than you will for antifreeze if you try to do it via the anode rod.

Bill

rumbleweed
10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I winterized my new TM for the first time today. I must say it is very easy and went well with one exception. The cold water supply line from the cold water Tee to the CW inlet on the water heater was installed at a downward angle such that it would trap about 1 1/2 " water when using the recommended winterizing method. I disconnected the CW inlet and manually drained it. When I have time, I will cut the line and re-plumb it to eliminate the low spot. This is easy to check as it is under the sink in the front.