PDA

View Full Version : Sheet metal plumbing protection from blowouts

CAmark
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I will be bringing a prototype sheetmetal plumbing protection (from blowouts) shield to the West Coast Rally and will appreciate some discussion/thoiughts around this thing. (I have the metal part but the TM won't be home until tomorrow to verify if this design really works or needs a bit of tweaking.) My shield is similar to that shown in ShrimpBurrito's post at http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7972; but just to be clear, I had this made up several months ago and am just getting around to seeing if it really fits. I had hoped to have it all worked out by the rally and ready to show-off, :o but life got in the way.
Dave's photo of an older TM show a bit different floor support system than mine; the anchor points that I have chosen to use may or may not be available on all models...if this all works out images will follow later this week or early next.
Looking forward to Petaluma,
Mark

PopBeavers
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
I will be interested in checking it out. We had a blow out this summer, but it was on the curb side, so all is well.

But you never know what will happen next time.

ShrimpBurrito
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm unfortunately not going to be there, but if someone could post pictures, I would be very appreciative. :)

Dave

Joseph
10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks CAmark...

Being as I have the same year and model TM as you I am curious as to how this turns out. Would you please keep us informed?

Have a good trip!