PDA

View Full Version : I found a great place for window parts

1nflteam
09-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I purchased a 2003 3124ks from a dealer out of state (not a tm dealer) what a bunch of crooks!! I have had to seal everything new curtains remove and seal awning, roof seams, tv antena everything leaked. there was water UNDER THE TILE, carpet full of mildew and more. I will post pics of it soon now that I have replaced all the floors with new wood vynl planks. recoverd couch and more !!!! any way I have been fixing it up and found a fantastic place for window seals and parts. I tried trailmanor and all they had was black. Give these guys a call tell them Steve from Florida sent you!

www.interstatemetals.com

Bill
09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Wow, that's a terrible story! How did you not spot these things when you looked the trailer over before signing the check? Did the dealer camouflage them?

Looking forward to your pictures - at least the AFTER pictures. The BEFORE pictures, not so much.

Bill

1nflteam
09-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Bill I knew it would need some work from the pictures. But I never should have trusted the dealer. They had to know about the leaks. I learned not to trust dealers your better off with a private sale. I will get some pics out Saturday.

1nflteam
09-20-2008, 11:27 AM
here is a link for some before and after pics....Still got lots to do!!

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/teamccracing/

BrigCA61
09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Looks very beautiful... you did a great job! Thanks for sharing those great photos.

countrygirl
09-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Went back and looked at page two of your album. Wow...You were able to get you TM very clean. What brand of cleaner did you use? I also want to say the new curtains look really good too.

countrygirl
09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
It really looks great! Nice job on the curtains, valances, recovering the sofa, new flooring and washing/waxing/detailing the camper.

1nflteam
09-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks...I use SUPER CLEAN cleaner and degreaser from walmart. I use it all over the place. Be careful with it, it is strong and will fade stickers when used straight. I use it straight in some areas to get the bad black streaks and have a hose and bucket with a dilution of about 70-30 water and super clean to do the rest. Then I used a cleaner wax from Camping world to finish I. I need to do it again with a buffer to get it deep down clean! Plan on adding copper inserts into the cabinets to see what it looks like, adds next to no weight and classes it up a bit!

Leslie & Nick
09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Very nice job! How long have you been working on your TM?

I know it's been a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the trailer much more not having to worry about leaks, mildew, and general grime. I put a new laminate floor in my TM a few years ago, and like it much better than the carpet it replaced.

Nick

1nflteam
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I have been working on it for a couple months. We will be in it for a week at the Niani speedway in Homwstead Florida this weekend. My son races go karts. Its a big race if he wins this one he earns a trip to Italy to run for the USA team at the world finals...Root for him he is a GREAT kid. This will be our second trip in the trailmanor, the first one we had to wear rain gear inside... LOL.... Crooked dealer in Ohio I should have listened to my gut feeling. Paul Sherry rv in Piqua Ohio, it was my 4th rv, second trailmanor, and my worst experience ever !!! Just my opinion of course!