PDA

View Full Version : 1995 3326

Brightsu
06-22-2003, 12:33 PM
I've noticed when cleaning and preparing for our first road trip that the king-size bed has a gap between the seal and the outside world, its very small but I can see the ground, its right under the window at the far back, do we not have it extended correctly? Also is the inside of the shower suppose to be seen from the bottom of the bed? It has two shower curtains so I suppose you use one all way around. One last thing the bolt that connects the bathroom to the bottom of the bed will not meet to fit, I hope you guys will help us figure this out before July 4th, I guess you can tell we didn't buy it from a TM dealer and we don't have our owners manual yet, is that video they offer on the TM website very informative or is it just showing differant models and so forth.

Pam

BobWilson
06-22-2003, 02:42 PM
SHOWER:  I have a brand new unit and there is a gap along the bathroom wall and the outside wall.  That is because there must be enough room for it to fold down.  Some people have gone to the trouble of making a filler for that gap and even the gap at the top.  It isn't necessary but adds some privacy.  On the other hand it is good to have some circulation when the door is closed to dry out the bathroom after a shower.

BED LATCH:  Even though new, it takes a little pushing and shoving of the bed to get my bed positioned right.  If this doesn't work, then you may have to reposition the latch until it fits.  You definitely need that latch to keep the bed from tipping when someone is sleeping close to the end.

BED GAP:  Things might have gotten a little tweaked with time.  If you can try to get the latch closed then the gap might be closed up.  Mine doesn't seal very well in the corners even though new.  You may have be creative and make a seal.  Or throw a blanket over the area to cover up the air leak.

Unfortunately the video is a sales presentation and won't help you much getting the bugs out of the unit.  Even the owners manual doesn't have much to say about troubleshooting or the kind of things that need repair.  The owners manual does include general users instructions for set-up and manufacturer's manuals for the A/C, refrigerator, toilet, water heater, axle, awning, CO2 sensor, and a few electrical diagrams.

Good luck.
Bob W.

Windbreaker
06-22-2003, 02:55 PM
I don't have the same model as you but I can address some of your questions.

Gap at bed. kinda depends on how you set it up. Some times I get in a hurry and there will be a small gap by one or both of the beds. Wife didn't like it so she made some big long snakes out of cloth and stuffing. We place those around the whole edge of the bed, it helps keep it warmer also.

On the shower. NO! There is a gap (kind of) along the upper wall but it has a plastic or rubber flap there. But this ties into the next question.

The lock that slips into the bathroom wall. Remember we are working with three moving parts here, the bed, upper rear shell, and bath wall. Try pulling or pushing the bed so that the dead bolt will fit. This might also solve the gap problem or it may make it bigger.

Of all the questions you ask the only one that troubles me is the "see in the tub" part. Could you explain that a little more? Do you see in between the folding bath walls? Bath wall and outside camper wall? You said the bottom of the bed, do you mean near the floor? How big is the opening? Is it taller than wide or vice versa?

Yes, use the curtains all of the way around, if you don't you will have a nice wet floor, or were you planning on mopping anyway? (guess how we found that one out?) :-[

Windbreaker
06-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey, Bob, you type faster than I! :D

Brightsu
06-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Okay Guys the gap I'm refering to is left side next to the outside wall, I could look into the shower from the bottom of the bed and see  the inside of the shower, I figured that's why we have the 2 shower curtain deal to keep water from splashing onto the bed, maybe the bathroom is not set up right.

Pam

Windbreaker
06-23-2003, 12:29 AM
No, that little slit along the wall has to be there for things to fit. Has it still got the rubber flap? If not you could get one from TM. Not that you really need it. You are right, surround yourself in white. ;D

Brightsu
06-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Good idea, but I'm talking about 5 inches or more, Tom Johnson picked it up today, to finish detailing, replace old gas tanks, and put 20 gallon fresh tank, as soon as we get it back I will take pictures, send them ;and let you guys tell me what I need to do.

By the way I can do attachments, just not on Trailmanors yet. But give me time.

Pam

arknoah
06-24-2003, 04:32 AM
I also have a real tiny gap at the rear bed, which can make a real difference, especially in those early spring or late fall camping nights.  Whenever I get the bathroom set up so that the kill switch is closed this seems to happen, and I'm reasonably sure I've done it properly.  Of course, since I sleep in the rear of that bed, I’m really the only who gets cold....