PDA

View Full Version : First Trip!!

Cappy915
06-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Hello TM Owners!! My wife & I made our first trip in our 2001 3124 KING this past weekend & it was AWESOME!! We only traveled about an hour & a half from home but it pulled like a dream!! Everything worked & the a/c was kept on low cool the whole weekend with temps around 90 & it was very comfortable. Also this is the first time we had a camper w/ a bathroom so it was REAL NICE not having to walk in the rain at 2 a.m. to go was great!! :)
The only issue we really had & not a problem is we could not for the life of us get the a/c to drain to the rear. It kept wanting to come forward to where the shells meet. it didn't leak inside but just straight down by the door. I know it has to do with getting the camper level but I gave up after many tries & a few beers!!:new_Eyecr I thought about running a piece of hose or pvc pipe from the unit to the back so it would always drain that way....has anyone come up with an easy solution?? Thanks,Cappy

countrygirl
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
We have a 3124KS and the ac aways drains to the front right corner...curb side. My ac is on the front shell where is yours mounted?

Cappy915
06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
My A/C is mounted on the rear shell....Thanks for the help!!

bfezel
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Cappy,

You had better check the location of your A/C again. If it is mounted on the rear shell the TM would not fold properly since the rear shell folds down first and the front shell seals down over it. We have a 2004 3124KS and the A/C generally drains down the street side and along the edge of the front shell...assuming it is level.

Bill

ShrimpBurrito
06-10-2008, 06:46 PM
The AC was mounted on the rear shell on some older units, above the edge of the rear bed. The front shell doesn't overlap the rear shell back that far.

Dave