PDA

View Full Version : Security

WildWG
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Have any of you solar fans installed any type of lock on your solar panel installation to prevent less than honest persons from making off with your panel? I have a feeling that they are going to become much more popular.

WGW

PS Someone please again explain how I add a signature line to my posts. Please make it as simple as you can. I am severly PC illiterate.

Thanks

grill-n-go
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Our TM is garage kept and it seems that when a TM is open the solar panel is hard to see and even harder to climb up there and take it. I've never thought about it while I'm towing but we rarely leave the TM unattended for a long time while enroute. Depending on the size of your panel it's not something you tuck under your arm.

I think generators have a lot more theft appeal.

As far as the signature thing goes I'll leave that to someone else. I've been trying to change my profile picture for a year without success.

commodor47
04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
PS Someone please again explain how I add a signature line to my posts. Please make it as simple as you can. I am severly PC illiterate.

Thanks

Click on "UserCP" in the upper left hand area of the home page. Click on "Edit Signature" from the left hand column of options. In the blank window type your signature. Preview the signature using the "Preview Signature" by clicking on that option (located just below the icon choices). Click "Save Signature" once you are satisfied with your signature appearance. Send me a PM if you need more help.

Dick

Bill
04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Mario and Idie -

Re profile picture. There are actually two pictures associated with your account. One is the "Avatar" (that's the one the appears at the top of every post). The other is a "Profile Picture", and I have no idea what function it serves.

Right now, your avatar is the alligator eating the kayak thing. Your profile picture is a (HUGE!) picture of a lady with her hand on the doorknob of your TM.

What is it that is not co-operating for you?

Bill