PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a Potential Buyer

NYJeff
01-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Looking for any & all comments/critiques/advice/etc. We're looking hard at the 3023 so most of these questions are geared towards that model (but some are general in nature).

[1] I think I see in some of the TM website photos that the furnace is under the street side couch in the 3023. What else is under there? Or is there open storage space?

[2] I'll need the swing hitch if I want to put a 3023 into my garage. Can you use a WDH (weight distributing hitch) with the swing hitch? Is a specific brand or model required or will any work?

[3] We're looking at the 3023 primarily because of the 2 couches. We assume they are better cushioned (i.e., more 'comfy') than the 2619/2720 dinette. Any comments?

[4] RE the wardrobe, how do the contents stay in place when the unit rotates to the floor for travel? We never take clothes that require hanging; can it be fitted with containers to hold clothes rather than use the hanging bar?

[5] What size is the low profile A/C? Does it sufficiently cool the 3023? The TM website does not specify the size, nor does the brochure I have (which I think is last years).

[6] For owner's, are you satisfied with the amount of storage in the 3023? Both my wife & I still work so our longest camping trip is maybe 7 days. We also have the bed of the truck (protected by a cap) for overflow storage if needed.

[7] For those of you with one or both of the hanging cabinets - I assume you hang them "empty" & then stock them with contents. Or do you leave them loaded at all times. We think we'd want both cabinets but we both have back issues so we have a minor concern with lifting them into place once we're set-up at the campground.

[8] How functional (usable) is the 17 cubic foot of storage under the back queen bed? What "fits" in there?

[9] For anyone with the factory power tongue jack, what brand (& weight rating) do they supply? The option goes for $139 so I'm wondering if you can get a better unit (for not much more money) in the after-market.

[10] For anyone that chose the microwave rather than the oven, are you satisfied with that decision? Is it a decent m/w?

[11] On the TM website under the 3023 floorplan, if you click on "more photos", they show the 3 drawer dresser which to me implies it as an option. I don't see anywhere it would fit in the 3023 so I'm assuming the options shown here aren't "model specific". Does that make sense?

That's my list of questions for now. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

countrygirl
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't have your model but will answer the questions that I can.

[1] I think I see in some of the TM website photos that the furnace is under the street side couch in the 3023. What else is under there? Or is there open storage space? Don't know.

[2] I'll need the swing hitch if I want to put a 3023 into my garage. Can you use a WDH (weight distributing hitch) with the swing hitch? Is a specific brand or model required or will any work? Don't know.

[3] We're looking at the 3023 primarily because of the 2 couches. We assume they are better cushioned (i.e., more 'comfy') than the 2619/2720 dinette. Any comments? Don't know but I think they comfy is about all the same though the couches are probably longer then the dinnette.

[4] RE the wardrobe, how do the contents stay in place when the unit rotates to the floor for travel? We never take clothes that require hanging; can it be fitted with containers to hold clothes rather than use the hanging bar? We took wire hangers and hooked them over the bar and then sort of pushed the hanger hook closed with pliers...but the also make special hangers that snap close and some people have cover the bar with different things to keep the hangers from moving. We went 2500 miles round trip and noting came of our hangers...they were all hunting camo clothing, jackets, button up shirts and pants...nothing came off the hanger and the hangers stayed on the bar.

[5] What size is the low profile A/C? Does it sufficiently cool the 3023? The TM website does not specify the size, nor does the brochure I have (which I think is last years). Pretty sure it is 13,500 btu...we are in Florida and it is more then adequate.

[6] For owner's, are you satisfied with the amount of storage in the 3023? Both my wife & I still work so our longest camping trip is maybe 7 days. We also have the bed of the truck (protected by a cap) for overflow storage if needed. Don't have this model so...I don't know.

[7] For those of you with one or both of the hanging cabinets - I assume you hang them "empty" & then stock them with contents. Or do you leave them loaded at all times. We think we'd want both cabinets but we both have back issues so we have a minor concern with lifting them into place once we're set-up at the campground. The cabinets weigh nothing empty...if I have styrofoam plates and bowls, red plastic disposable cups, paper towels, and plastic ware...I can lift and hang it my self. It becomes more difficult if you add the big container of equal, coffee, a couple of your favorite coffee mugs and the large size of Mr. Planters p-nuts. ;)

[8] How functional (usable) is the 17 cubic foot of storage under the back queen bed? What "fits" in there? I am guessing it is similar to what is in a 2720sl....I visited a coule of campers in 2720sls and I saw...towels and linens mainly on the shelf and under it on the floor area of the cabinet...but you could put pots and pans or folded clothing if you wish.

[9] For anyone with the factory power tongue jack, what brand (& weight rating) do they supply? The option goes for $139 so I'm wondering if you can get a better unit (for not much more money) in the after-market. We have one...and love it...it works like a champ! Ours is an Atwood.

[10] For anyone that chose the microwave rather than the oven, are you satisfied with that decision? Is it a decent m/w? I have one but have not used it enough to tell yet.

[11] On the TM website under the 3023 floorplan, if you click on "more photos", they show the 3 drawer dresser which to me implies it as an option. I don't see anywhere it would fit in the 3023 so I'm assuming the options shown here aren't "model specific". Does that make sense? I will have to go look at it at the site.

Enjoy the journey of the search for you new camper and then enjoy it after it arrives!

NYJeff
01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
countrygirl - thank you for taking the time to answer what questions you could. I've dreamt of becoming a TM owner for a number of years now so I hope this is the year it comes true!

Bill
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
A few answers based on my 2720SL. Questions marked ?? are too model-specific for me to comment on.

1. ?? Is the fresh water tank under there?

2. Swing hitch + WDH? Yes, it works well. Having said that, someone here had a problem with a specific manufacturer's hitch, in which the WDH lift brackets interfered with the propane tanks. This was not a swing-tingue issue, though.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6632

3. ??

4. Wardrobe. We use the bar, and the hangers stay on the bar quite well. There have been several discussions (and some photos) by people who have put shelves, containers, or both, in the wardrobe.

5. Low profile A/C is RV Products Series 9000. I've forgotten whether it is 13,500 BTU or 15,000 BTU, but one or the other. It is more than enough for my 2720SL, and I've heard no complaints from owners of other size rigs. In extremely hot/humid weather, I imagine that it helps to park in the shade.

6. ??

7. Hanging cabinets. Most owners (including me) use them for lightweight non-breakable items (paper plates, plastic silverware, dish towels, etc etc etc) and leave them loaded at all times.

8. ??

9. ??

10. ??

11. ??

Hope this helps. You can answer a number of these questions by using the Search tool, to find previous discussions.

Bill

NYJeff
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the input Bill; it's appreciated!

mgoblue911
01-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Looking for any & all comments/critiques/advice/etc. We're looking hard at the 3023 so most of these questions are geared towards that model (but some are general in nature).

[1] I think I see in some of the TM website photos that the furnace is under the street side couch in the 3023. What else is under there? Or is there open storage space?

Fresh water tank and pump, along with associated plumbing. Pretty much fills that side of the space. However, the balance of the space is available for storage. We can get 4 chairs (the type that fold up into long tubular bags), a folding table (similar style to the chairs), and a few more "soft" items easily into this space.

[2] I'll need the swing hitch if I want to put a 3023 into my garage. Can you use a WDH (weight distributing hitch) with the swing hitch? Is a specific brand or model required or will any work?

I don't have a swing hitch, but I love my Equalizer WDH.

[3] We're looking at the 3023 primarily because of the 2 couches. We assume they are better cushioned (i.e., more 'comfy') than the 2619/2720 dinette. Any comments?

I cannot compare them to the other TM models, but our couches are both very comfortable, particularly with our little footstool that we carry. We have the red microfiber fabric, and love it for its comfort, appearance, and its "cleanability". Requires a specific cleaner, but with two kids under 11, an insignificant investment.

[4] RE the wardrobe, how do the contents stay in place when the unit rotates to the floor for travel? We never take clothes that require hanging; can it be fitted with containers to hold clothes rather than use the hanging bar?

We rarely hang any clothes in here either. For us, it is the perfect place to store bedding (sheets, pillows, etc...). When we set up and the bedding goes on, it become "the place" for our dirty laundry bags. Packing up, return the linens and put the laundry in the TV. In colder weather, it is also ideal for all of the jackets.

[5] What size is the low profile A/C? Does it sufficiently cool the 3023? The TM website does not specify the size, nor does the brochure I have (which I think is last years).

The AC in my 3023 will frost out anyone in any conditions. While I have not been to Death Valley with it, I have camped in the open in 95-100+ temps. The TM is always cool, and the AC doesn't have to run continuously to achieve it. One downside to the unit though, the fan does run continuously. Just the compressor kicks on and off according to the built in thermostat. And as you will see from several other posts on the forum, it is pretty loud. However, at night, I find the constant noise less of a sleep interuption than the furnace kicking on and off in cold weather. Also, the AC does produce a significant amount of condenced water in humid conditions. So paying attention to where and how the water is running off the roof for each unique set up is important.

[6] For owner's, are you satisfied with the amount of storage in the 3023? Both my wife & I still work so our longest camping trip is maybe 7 days. We also have the bed of the truck (protected by a cap) for overflow storage if needed.

We have both of the "add on" cabinets (over the sink and over the stove). We feel that the storage capacity of the 3023 is one of its best features. The wardrobe, the cabinet under the back bed (this is much larger than you would think, though getting to things can be a little tricky), all of the cupboard space on the stove side, under the sink, the additional microwave drawer, space under the larger couch, drawers under the small couch, an unexpected, but valuable space between the drawers under the small couch, the too small but utilized nonetheless cabinets above the front bed, bathroom cabinets, exterior cabinet in the back, and finally the bumper storage. TM has utilized every inch very cleverly IMHO.

[7] For those of you with one or both of the hanging cabinets - I assume you hang them "empty" & then stock them with contents. Or do you leave them loaded at all times. We think we'd want both cabinets but we both have back issues so we have a minor concern with lifting them into place once we're set-up at the campground.

We leave ours filled. Obviously, we pack these with light items. Breads, paper plates and cups, oven mitts, plastic cups, etc... The empty cabinets are "extremely" light. Nothing like a household cabinet. My DW leaves the cabinets for me to hang if they are loaded. Otherwise, hanging empties is a none issue.

[8] How functional (usable) is the 17 cubic foot of storage under the back queen bed? What "fits" in there?

As mentioned above, this space is much larger than you would initially think. However, the space to the left that is behind the stove side drawers, is a little tough to get to. So we put things there that we don't routinely need every trip (board games, spare supplies, beach towels, etc...). The easily accessable space in the middle always catches our bath towel and clothes overflow.

[9] For anyone with the factory power tongue jack, what brand (& weight rating) do they supply? The option goes for $139 so I'm wondering if you can get a better unit (for not much more money) in the after-market.

My TM is stored for the winter so I cannot check brand and wt rating. What I can say is that it has never failed, I can't imagine life without it, and don't ever leave the manual crank handle in it when operating it in power mode (my TM salesperson almost knocked herself out during our first visit to see the TM's). My crank is buried deep in the back bumper storage. I have never needed it.

[10] For anyone that chose the microwave rather than the oven, are you satisfied with that decision? Is it a decent m/w?

The combo micro/oven/broiler is an impressive piece of equipment. It is a powerfull micro (i.e. popcorn in less than 3 minutes). You do not have to do anything to it to use it as an oven too. I have not grilled anything directly on the stainless steel turntable because I think that cleaning it and the oven would be challenging. We love this appliance.

[11] On the TM website under the 3023 floorplan, if you click on "more photos", they show the 3 drawer dresser which to me implies it as an option. I don't see anywhere it would fit in the 3023 so I'm assuming the options shown here aren't "model specific". Does that make sense?

The 3 drawer dresser is not a stand alone item. It basically is the last cabinet on the stove side, and sits under the wardrobe. These are three large drawers. This is where the DW and I store all of our clothes for our trips (kids clothes go in the four drawers up by the front bed). You have to watch the total weight in the top two drawers and support them if you pull them all the way. But overall, this is great use of space.

Jeff

If there is anything else, by all means ask. Obviously, we love our 3023. But that would not preclude me from being honest about shortcomings or annoyances.

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here.

13dano
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Let me chime in with a couple of opinions:

Go with the factory option. I bought mine on sale from camping world and it was $159. Plus I had to install it and run the wiring myself, though it wasn't a lot of work. Well worth it in my opinion.

We have the microwave and I believe ours is a combo microwave/convection. We like it although it isn't the largest size out there.

NYJeff
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the detailed response mgoblue911. What year is your 3023? I may have to contact you with more specific questions.

Your username makes me ask - how did you become a MI fan (I notice you're in IL)? I'm a transplanted Yooper. Great game by Henne & the boys!! :D

NYJeff
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
13dano - thanks for the comments. I added my power tongue jack on my TowLite & it's not a hard project (as you noted). I just thought if TM put a lightweight model in, I might be better off going after-market.

I didn't realize the M/W was a combo unit (which makes it a no brainer in my mind!).

Freedom
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I didn't realize the M/W was a combo unit (which makes it a no brainer in my mind!).
One thing to keep in mind, obviously, if you're boon-docking the Micro/convection oven isn't much good. (Unless you have a pretty big generator.) We like having the gas oven, and we take along a microwave oven, but it's nice to be able to use the oven when we don't have shore power.

larsdennert
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Not to echo others too much but our 2720 has storage next to the furnace under the dinette. We put heavy blankets and pillows there. No space on the TM is wasted without a useful purpose. The space under the Queen/King is great!! I'm really glad I got the 2720 over the 2619. It's no more to tow and has a bigger bed with the storage. I keep three chairs on the lower shelf with space to spare. I've stuffed a large 4 person tent on the upper shelf (for my sister in law to use on a trip) It's really deep and there's more space I don't use. On the outside compartment I keep a BBQ, propane bottles, a bucket, fresh water hose and fire wood. There's space left over... I installed a battery stick light in there as there's no light.

The electric hitch says 2500lbs capacity I think. Sounds optimistic but it lifts the tongue no problemo. I don't use my swing hitch or a wdh. The swing hitch is a nuissance for me. Adds weight and sometimes provides a poor ground loop for the jack. Keep that in mind if your jack magically stops and the fuse is still good. Just jiggle the tongue.

I prefer the propane oven instead of a micro because I dry camp a lot. I'd have to run the generator all the time. Target, WalMart, Sears all have cheap micro's for $100 I could mount in the lower cabinet should I get the urge.

Yea the hanging cabinets are for light stuff and I strap them to the floor in transit. The wardrobe is used for hanging and stacking stuff. Works better than I thought it would but I ran some longer thicker screws into the track. If I stacked more I'd put in shelves with tupperware. The slide out drawers/dresser have weak hardware and I've had to run heavier screws through them. The previous owner was hard on them too.

The AC cooled our TM to any temp we wanted during a trip to UT and it was 110F outside. I couldn't have slept at night when it was only 95F outside without it.

The space is great though we've started to take all sorts of ridiculous things to fill it. I'm used to 10 day trips to Baja with just what would fit in the back of the 4Runner. Now we take the whole house. Granted we have two little ones now too.

NYJeff
01-07-2008, 06:53 PM
One thing to keep in mind, obviously, if you're boon-docking the Micro/convection oven isn't much good. (Unless you have a pretty big generator.) We like having the gas oven, and we take along a microwave oven, but it's nice to be able to use the oven when we don't have shore power.
Good thing to keep in mind Freedom, although in 10 years of camping, we've never gone w/o electric...... :eek:

Maybe one day.

NYJeff
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks larsdennert. Sounds like TM really does a good job at utilizing storage. We looked at a 2720SL three years ago but really weren't in the market at that time so we didn't look in all the nooks & crannys.

If we go with a 3023, I have to get the swing hitch to fit my garage. Wouldn't need it on shorter units. Sounds like the power tongue jack is sufficient.

I'm glad to read from you & others that the A/C does the job. I'm just miserable if it's hot & I'm trying to sleep. I can deal with the noise no problem (becomes background or white noise to me) but I have to have it relatively cool & dry.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my post.

jcjim4
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
NYJEFF, Your #(7) question "concern with lifting the cabinets due to your back issues" in my opinion should not be an issue. However, I am concerned about how you intend to open and close the TM if you have back problems. In a strong wind, it can be pretty difficult to close.
I have minor back problems, and have been known to move the TM in a direction to enable closing "with" the wind. You will enjoy the TM!

mtnguy
01-08-2008, 12:28 PM

Ditto on this for us, also. The gas oven is always available, whether hooked-up or boondocking. Unless you are a gourmet micro-wave chef that will always be camping with hookups, then the gas oven seems the way to go.

You can always take a small microwave along with you if you ever need it, but it would difficult to take a gas oven along if that is the best heating device for the situation.

It is great to wake up to fresh baked biscuits and perculated coffee on a cold morning while boondocking back in the mountains somewhere where you can't even see another camper.

And, if the main thing the microwave is used for is popping pop corn, they still make Jiffy Pop. :D

Chap

NYJeff
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
NYJEFF, Your #(7) question "concern with lifting the cabinets due to your back issues" in my opinion should not be an issue. However, I am concerned about how you intend to open and close the TM if you have back problems. In a strong wind, it can be pretty difficult to close. I have minor back problems, and have been known to move the TM in a direction to enable closing "with" the wind. You will enjoy the TM!
It's my understanding that if the lift system torsion springs (if that's what they are called) are adjusted properly, it doesn't take too much effort to open the shells (assuming the TM is parked level). Between that & my wife's help, I'm assuming we won't have problems opening. But we do want to visit a dealer to see how hard it is to open/close. Thanks for the post jcjim4.

Anyone else have difficulty opening/closing their TM?

NYJeff
01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Ditto on this for us, also. The gas oven is always available, whether hooked-up or boondocking. Unless you are a gourmet micro-wave chef that will always be camping with hookups, then the gas oven seems the way to go.

You can always take a small microwave along with you if you ever need it, but it would difficult to take a gas oven along if that is the best heating device for the situation.[SNIP]

Chap
You've described us to a "T", except for the gourmet part! When we camp, we grill. If the weather is bad, we m/w or restaraunt. And we've never boondocked. We might someday, just as we might use an oven if we had it but I'd rather have the built-in m/w (we take a countertop model along with us now & it's a bit of a pain in the rump). Thanks for the post Chap.

larsdennert
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I have to say I've played with the adjustments on my shells a bit. The outside shell closes easily but is somewhat heavy to open. I guess I could crank the bars some more but I'm running out of distance. The rear shell is both tough to open and tough to close. I have to put my weight into it to overcome the friction between the shells. I don't think my wife could do it. When I got it (used) the inside shell could barely be latched with all my skinny weight until I took some of the tension out of the front bars. It's better now but not ideal IMO. I don't really have any conclusive adjustment instructions in any case. I think the inside shell is cockeyed and rubs the outside shell on one side.

At the Dealer they slide so easily....

P and B
01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Jeff- I've got the combo MW/Oven in my 3124. We just bought ours so it's not super tested but my wife likes to give things a run. We've concluded that it has plenty of power and does a nice job generally. I was wowed when it perfectly baked a very large potato in about 20 min. My oven at home takes 45.

So much for how it works. Here's that bad part. It's heavy and the way TM has it mounted is totally inadequate. On our maiden voyage, the thing jumped out of the compartment and broke off the shelf's front brace and took the shelf and mount system with it. I have since modified the shelf and the mounting mechanism myself to prevent this from happening but it was on my nickel. While the TM dealer awarded me great praise for great engineering, I never heard a "sorry" from the TM boys- even though the dealer said they sent them pictures of my repair. Perhaps they've fixed it at the factory by now. Just thought you should know. BTW, I don't think I'm the only one this has happened to.

I think everyone else answered your other questions very well.

Phil

countrygirl
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
You can always use a dutch oven dry camping.

BobRederick
01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
P&B
Make sure your tires are balanced. That could be the reason for it jumping out.

mtnguy
01-09-2008, 06:46 AM
I have to say I've played with the adjustments on my shells a bit. The outside shell closes easily but is somewhat heavy to open. I guess I could crank the bars some more but I'm running out of distance. The rear shell is both tough to open and tough to close. I have to put my weight into it to overcome the friction between the shells.
At the Dealer they slide so easily....

larsdennert, since we have the same year and model TM, it also seems we have the same problems. I have my front shell front torsion bars adjusted to the stops.....the rear bars seem to raise that part OK. I found that reducing the weight in the overhead cabinet, and making sure the TM is level, it is now adjusted just right. It is amazing what a pound or 2 extra in that overhead cabinet will do. I also experience some rubbing with the rear shell but it is pretty well balanced. A couple of things I do so the rear shell doesn't rub, is to open the top door (before opening either shell), and don't latch the front shell until the rear is raised. That extra little inward pull when latching seems to matter.

Chap

Chap

Bill
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Lars and Chap -

If the torsion bar adjustment bolts are screwed all the way in, and there is no more adjustment, I would think that a shim - a flat piece of steel between the end of the torsion bar and the end of the big adjustment bolt - would be the solution. At any hardware store, you can buy steel flat bar stock for a couple bucks - it is in the "Threaded Rod" section. You'll probably have to buy a 36-inch length - choose the width to fit into the cage on the torsion adjuster, and a thickness of perhaps 3/16 inch. Cut off an appropriate length with a hacksaw. Then, with the shells up and latched in place, back off the bolt to be adjusted, slip the shim into place, and tighten up the bolt again. It will take some experimenting to get the tension back where you want it, but it will do the job. Do only one bolt, and get the adjustment satisfactory, before moving on to the next bolt.

Or if the problem isn't pressing, you could just ignore it.

Bill

mtnguy
01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Bill, in my case, there are plenty of threads left on the adjustment bolt, but the end of the torsion bar is all of the way up against the metal sub frame. As adjusted right now, everything is OK. I am just wondering if maybe TM should have installed the next heavier set of front torsion bars on the outer shell ....maybe because of the AC unit vs. non AC weight on top?? But the outer shell back torsion bars have plenty of adjustment, so that doesn't make since either. The back pops up OK when released, but the front stays on the frame. Maybe they put heavier torsion bars on the back, but figured the front didn't need it....who knows.

To NYJeff: As said in previous posts, when the torsion bars are adjusted correctly, and the TM is level (very important), the opening of the TM doesn't take much muscle power. You can cheat a little by lowering the tongue slightly off plum to raise the front shell, and lower the bumper slightly off plum to raise the back shell.....then it would probably become a 1 handed deal.

Chap

Pat Stafford
02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
One thing I can tell you about the furnace is to be sure to cover the air intake during the Spring, Summer and fall months. We had wasps who decided this was a great place to raise their young. While I don't mind wasps in general, the furnace had to be opened and cleaned out. My wife and I can tell you this is not a fun job. We love our TM and learn something new all the time. From my experience with other various trailer owners, so do they. Nothing is perfect it seems.

larsdennert
02-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow I went to the river a while back. I'm gonna check my water tank for spawning salmon when I get home!

Bill & Lisa
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
the problem of wasps is not unique to TM nor should it be viewed as a Flaw in the design. Wasps (mud daubers) are attracked to propane smells. On our TM and now on my 5th wheel I have wire covers over the heater vent as well as the grating for the hot water heater. Propane is the attraction and if you have propane powered items you stand the risk of attracting guests. I would also consider a mesh for the TM fridge vents if you run your fridge on propane.

opqr177
05-22-2008, 06:11 AM
这是新加的空白文章1,可以xzc在UBB可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

larsdennert
05-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Hack'n the board?

Scott O
05-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't know who this goof ball is, but his spelling is awful!

Queeniereads
05-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Since you asked about the wardrobe: big standard hangers are too long, so we bought shorter ones at Walmart. At IKEA, they have great 47 inch hanging shoe "racks" in fabric that have a solid back so stuff cannot slide thru. In addition, they have collapsable "drawers" for these hanging compartments. Really cool! I saw a TM owner at our New England Rally in CT last month who used this system. THe unit velcros over the wardrobe bar.

Most folks seem to keep their extra storage cabinets full when lifting but most seem to keep paper plates and light stuff in them.

We have a 3124KS so our under-bed storage may be different. We do not have shelves in there so we keep a plastic bin of extra towels and sheets and blankets in there along with our sleepingbags and pillows and the air pump for our Select Comfort beds.

Happy hunting -- hope you get that TM. We are happy TM campers.
Queen

larsdennert
05-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Either he tried to hack the board with a ubb code vulnerability, he has browser issues or the bbs has a corruption and mangled his post.