PDA

View Full Version : 2619 furnace question

Jerry23
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a 2001 2619 that is in very good condition, everything seems to work fine except the furnace , when I move the termostat to the right nothing seems to happen. The stove top lights fine and the water heater works okay, fuses seem good. Should I hear a fan come on or maybe I am not waiting long enough for the furnace to come on ? Thanks in advance

Jerry :confused:

Bill
12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Jerry -

I moved your post here (Appliances Forum) from General Discussion - you'll find lots of discussion of the furnace (among other appliances) here.

When you move the thermostat to the right, you should immediately hear the fan come on. The flame won't come on for another 10-15 seconds, but the fan is plenty loud - you won't miss it. If it doesn't come on, then most likely there is no 12-volt power to the furnace. You need to check the fuse - the fuse box is in the hallway outside the bathroom, down near the floor. Just open the door and look inside. You will see 3 or 4 big black household-type circuit breakers, which you will ignore. The fuses are the little colored plastic thingies. There should be a list of which one is which printed inside the door.

Let us know what you find. We'll go on from there if we need to. There are a few other possibilities, but a blown fuse is the most likely.

Bill

Ron & Midge
01-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Not being smart ,but did you turn the furance on? there is a switch on bottom of the thermostat that has to be turned to on

Bill
01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Ron and Midge -

You are exactly right, and I imagine that this is the problem. I missed the fact that Jerry has a 2001 model, which has the older-style thermostat. Here's a picture (http://tmphotos.org/modules/xoopsgalleryv2/index.php?g2_itemId=192) of the older thermostat with the cover off. It was posted for a different purpose, but it clearly shows the lever on the bottom that you refer to.

Bill