PDA

View Full Version : Thread participation indicator

Rich_in_Tampa
10-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Have y'all considered implementing the vBulletin feature which adds a small arrow icon to the listing row of any thread to which you have posted?

Sometimes I forget whether I posted a message to a thread. It's nice to be reminded of that so you can check back in to a thread which otherwise may no longer be of interest.

I find it useful on other vBulletin board I belong to.

Just a thought, and not a big one at that ;).

mjlaupp
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Rich,
All of the threads that I have posted in have the arrow icon display and have always been that way.
Mike

Rich_in_Tampa
10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Rich,
All of the threads that I have posted in have the arrow icon display and have always been that way.
Mike

Mike, are you referring to the little marker which takes you to the last unread thread? Or the right arrow marker which means that you have not only read the thread but have posted to it?

I do not see the latter but maybe I need to check my preferences or something. I'll take a second look in my control panel.

Just rechecked, and no right-pointing arrow appears in the thread listings to indicate I have posted therein. The indicator looks like this:2372.

mjlaupp
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Go back to the thread listing for this forum. At the bottom of the page you will see the various icons that can appear at the header for each thread. One of them is described as "you have posted in this thread".

Rich_in_Tampa
10-31-2007, 11:46 AM
OK - got it, thanks. It's a different icon in a different place from what I use in another vBulletin board, but it's there and works correctly.