PDA

View Full Version : Eagle River, Wisconsin

wbmiller3
08-25-2007, 06:59 AM
We spent several nights at Franklin Lake Campground in the Nicolet National Forest, east of Eagle River, Wisconsin. It's a beautiful campground placed in a dense forest on a north woods lake. There is one bath house with flush toilets (no showers) but mostly pit toilets. Sites are irregularly sized, gravel surfaced, and some leveling was required. Electricity is not available and you have to haul water. There is no dump station at any of the Federal campgrounds nearby but there is one in Eagle River.

We really enjoyed our stay here birding in the north woods and exploring the general area. There is a terrific grocery store in Eagle River (Trigs). Temperatures were in the 50s at night, very nice August temps for these southeast Texans.

I would stay here again anytime.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/camping/nic_7.html

Denny_A
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
We spent several nights at Franklin Lake Campground in the Nicolet National Forest, east of Eagle River, Wisconsin. It's a beautiful campground placed in a dense forest on a north woods lake. .......

Temperatures were in the 50s at night, very nice August temps for these southeast Texans.

I would stay here again anytime.loop trail which starts from the Day Use Parking area, winds past the campground down to Butternut Lake (Franklin Lake fronts the campground) and meanders back to the to the parking area. The DW and I have been there many times. Whilst the kiddies were growing up and as recently as 3 yrs ago. Here's a photo of the pup and me checking out Butternut Lake (spur of the trail) during our last visit. DW and I love the Eagle River area.

Glad you enjoyed.

Deny_A

BrigCA61
08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Denny is that a Fox Terrier? He's gorgeous!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Denny_A
08-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Denny is that a Fox Terrier? He's gorgeous!! :) Thanks for sharing.Yes, he is. Our little Champion "Morgansonne Heywood (Woody) McFox":D.

Yer welcome!

Denny_A