PDA

View Full Version : Shower Holder Pic

countrygirl
08-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Our 2007 Tm came with a shower holder mounted in this location. Is this the ideal spot...or is their a better place for it?

BobRederick
08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Countrygirl

How does the shower curtain go over this? My curtain is continuous, opening only where you exit the shower.

countrygirl
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Countrygirl

How does the shower curtain go over this? My curtain is continuous, opening only where you exit the shower.

Well the camper is new to us...so we are still trying to figure a few things out. The first night camping I chickened out on using it...the second night...I was just tired enough to think...well...I guess they really meant to install it there so I am gonna try it. ;) I had no clothes pins or similar items so I just squished the curtain around it and pointed the shower head forward and tried it out. It did work fine but...the placement of it still concerns me. If everyone puts them in a different spot then I will install another one in the better location. The TM is a 2007 and it is new so I guess the factory installed it...so maybe that is the correct spot. I have read some threads where people seam up the curtains leaving a spot open to go around the shower head and I am considering doing this. I am just waiting to decide the best place to mount the shower holder. (I bought another holder froming Camping World this week...I wanted tan but it is chrome) I am happy to report that neither the walls or the bed got wet.

Keith Wire
08-16-2007, 04:36 PM
We have a 2007 2720SL and ours came with the shower mount attached too (actually there are two, one high and one low). I think the high one is in the same postion as was shown in the picture. We did modify the shower curtain similar to the mods I found on the forum.

We sewed the two curtains together so they meet in the front. Then we trimmed some off the bottom of three sides (back, right and left) and a lot off the front side. Then we used velcro to attach it to the walls and a chain for weight in the seam at the bottom in front to hold it down. We also put velcro down the front seam in about 6 places. However, I forgot to cut a hole around the mount.

We have used the shower nine times and we just pushed the curtain back into the mount and slid the shower head/hose into the mount. It works fine, but I still think I will cut a hole in the curtain and seam it up, just to make sure we don't tear the curtain.

Keith

Freedom
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
On the new tubs, the faucets are in the corner instead of in the middle. Maybe the location of the faucets allow the shower to be in the corner like in the picture.

Keith Wire
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Freedom,

Yup, ours is in the corner. I never knew they were in the middle...

Keith