PDA

View Full Version : Best time to look for used TMs

Stonehenge
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a used TM in the next year or so. Does anyone have any suggestions about when the best time to look would be?

Thanks!

B_and_D
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
There are a lot of used TM's on the market right now. Personally, I seem to notice many more for sale during the camping season. I'd start looking now if I were you.

Freedom
07-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Just keep looking and be ready to buy when you find the right trailer. We bought ours off eBay.

Stonehenge
07-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks. I'll keep scouring the net!

larsdennert
07-26-2007, 09:34 PM
rvtraderonline.com is a good source. Managed to find ours in our back yard by chance.

wmtire
08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Just keep looking and be ready to buy when you find the right trailer. We bought ours off eBay.

Same here. I had to drive to San Antonio to pick it up

ShrimpBurrito
08-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I live in the Los Angeles area, and bought my 2720SL from a guy in Tennessee. Made a fabulous vacation out of the drive back home!

masterge
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Any time is a good time for buying a used RV. It is different than buying a new RV. How fast the seller want to move his RV and why is key. Is he/she in financial trouble? Is he trying upgrade to a Class C and involved in a deal? Does he own outright or is there a loan on the vehicle? Numerous issues effect seller motivation and the deal that they will make. I was motivated to sell my TM because I do want to buy a Class C and did want that do complicate the trade-in. What I would do, is figure trade-in value of the RV in question. Then figure used value. The difference is your negotiating area with the seller. You will be able to get somewhere in the range depending on the seller motivation.

flyguy
09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I have found that the best time to buy a TM is around Labor day, most sellers at that time can be considered "motivated Sellers" due to the end of the camping season, if not well there's always next year.