View Full Version : OK - Good comments last time. Another question.

bbodenstein
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra TV (I'm learnin the lingo). It has a Reese type hitch that is made to fit the Tundra perfectly. Bolted right in place, rather than the generic sort of hitch. Any Tundra owners out there? What sort of "ball" part do I need? 2" ball? One that is basically straight out or one with a big offset (up or down). I happen to have one that has just a slight offset down I think? Will that work? I'm talking about towing the smallest TM 2619.
What do you say experts?

bbodenstein
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
btw... Tundra 2 wheel drive so not too high off the ground.

bbodenstein
07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
That's what I needed to know.

Bill
07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Sounds like you are planning to tow without a weight distributing hitch. Although the Tundra is a reasonably large vehicle, perhaps that is not wise. You should look through the Towing Rigs forum and collect comments from people with similar vehicles.

Bill

commodor47
07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Bill has a good point. A Weight Distribution Hitch (WHD) set up would make towing your TM much easier and safer. There are several manufacturers of WDHs. Consider using an adjustable shank . . . easier to adjust the TM for level when hitched up. This may seem obvious, but don't forget to make sure the hitch ball is rated for at least 5000 lbs.

Dick