PDA

View Full Version : Thetford level indicator

bbeckham
08-06-2002, 02:09 AM
Has anyone repaired or replaced the Thetford level indicator? We recently bought a 1997 2619 and the level indicator does not work. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks, Betty Ann

Gene
08-06-2002, 02:32 PM
The rubber seal can be carefully pried up with a screwdriver. The float needs to be cleaned and the long wire guides need to be cleaned and lubercated. When you insert back, make sure that that the wire guides are straight and the twisted rod that the fload rides on is free to turn. I inquired with Theford about replacing it. They quoted me a price of $38. So that prompted to repair it myself.

Denny_A
08-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Betty Ann,

Go to General Discussion, Page 9, subject: Guage On Toilet.

The subject is discussed in excruciatingly fine detail. Pick the best, and discard the rest!  8)

Denny_A

Denny_A
08-06-2002, 02:37 PM
OOPS! - that's Page 7 (Seven).

Over.  :-[

Denny_A

bbeckham
08-07-2002, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I've cleaned ours and reinserted it. Now we'll see how long it works.  ::)  Betty Ann

08-09-2002, 02:30 AM
Just for the record, I had a problem with mine where the metal rods dropped down from the gauge while driving.  This happened several times and it eventually became bent.  When I found out the price of a new one, I said, that's okay, I'll just guess.  Then they asked how long I had the toilet and since it was less than 2 years old, it was still under warrenty and they sent me a new one!

Happytrails
08-09-2002, 10:31 AM
For anyone who's interested, my gauge is located on the front of the terlit. It's very similar to a "bubble" level. No seals, no needles, no breaking....as it fills up, the bead rises. Thetford changed that I guess in the later models. Why'd they change the design? Welp, guess what pushes the little bead up as it fills. lol

Happytrails........

08-27-2002, 04:52 PM
After two or three extract-reassemble-reinstall passes, I eventually went to the Thetford web site and ordered a new part.

The parts had been falling into the basin, meaning I had to take off the cover (four phillips screws) and fetch the parts.   No problems after buying the new guage.

(Paul H had provided some guidance on the old board).