PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Recommendation

Michael
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Up until last week, my DW and I have only stayed at Washington State campgrounds in our relatively new 2720SD. We visited our very first "RV" campground for three days last week. It is called "The Waterfront at Potlatch" http://www.thewaterfrontatpotlatch.com/ and is located 12 miles north of Shelton on Hwy101 and Hood Canal. Now granted, we do not have the experience to compare it to any other campground but I hope they are all this nice. They have concrete RV pads with full hookups, free cable tv and high-speed wifi, a small motel and individual cabins. All fairly new. Our pad was 30' back and 6' above the beach. Sea Lions, Eagles, Herons, clam and oyster harvesting and a really nice public boat launch right next door. Highly recommended if you are in the area. We enjoyed ourselves so much we attempted to schedule additional time in September but all three of the sites we liked most were booked. Oh well, there is always next summer.......

MukaboutintheNW
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info. We also stay mostly at the state parks which are spectacular here in Washington IMHO. This sounds like a great place. We'll have to check it out sometime.
We spent Memorial Day weekend at Deception Pass State Park and will be spending a week at Grayland Beach State Park in a few weeks. We were thinking about spending the weekend in Sequim for the Lavendar festival, but I suspect most places will be full...
Sharon

Michael
06-13-2007, 11:49 PM
A few pictures of our TM at "The Waterfront at Potlatch". The Eagle was about 2,000 ft and fishing Hood Canal.

(Pictures deleted allow for additional picture space)

NW Native
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info. We also stay mostly at the state parks which are spectacular here in Washington IMHO. This sounds like a great place. We'll have to check it out sometime.
We spent Memorial Day weekend at Deception Pass State Park and will be spending a week at Grayland Beach State Park in a few weeks. We were thinking about spending the weekend in Sequim for the Lavendar festival, but I suspect most places will be full...
Sharon

I can't believe it's almost time to make reservations for next summer. For a long time, I have wanted to spend a week at Deception Pass State park, but never managed to be able to plan that far ahead! Do you have any favorite sites to recommend? Thanks.

MukaboutintheNW
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm so glad to have found a way back in to the pages, I couldn't get in the normal way I think because of the hacking problem, but I had a link to another page on the site so got in through the back door....
Anyways, now is the time to reserve for Deception Pass for 2008 camping season! I reserved my spot last week for Memorial Day weekend. My favorite spots are 56 and 57. 55 is great too, but a bit close to 54 so if you know someone who can be in 54 then it is great. You can look at the sites now on the WA state park website. Just go to http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/default.asp and put in your dates and where you want to go. It will pull up a map of the park and when you click on the site, you can actually view a picture of it now. Good luck.

NW Native
09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info!;)

calypso
09-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Our favorite state park in WA is Cape Disappointment, near Long Beach. We go every year and the kids have a great time.