PDA

View Full Version : Shower lines leaking inside walls.

Victor.garcia
05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Trailmanor 3023...I noticed water dripping from the bottom of the trailer. We initially thought it was from the exterior shower. After I R/R it I noticed that leak had diminished greatly, but I still had a leak. I removed the exterior shower and capped the hot and cold water feeds. I charged the system with water and noted water leaking from the lines feeding the interior shower.

Has anyone had this problem before. Do I need to unscrew the hot and cold faucet panel from the wall (its caulked in) to get to the lines?

Victor.garcia
05-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Any suggestions will be apprciated.

jellis
05-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Victor,
On my 3124KB, which is just a 3023 with a larger bed and rear storage area, you can reach the shower faucet through the rear storage area (from outside). There is a panel on the forward wall that's attached with a couple of screws. This is the only access that I know of to the faucet nuts.

Hope this helps.
Jon

ericluvskim04
07-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Victor,
I just had to replace my shower faucet in my 3023. I called TM and they said to remove the two screws on the panel and cut the chalking all the way around. Then gently pry back the two inch wide panel to reveal the plumbing. This should now give you enough room to look down and see where it is leaking. Before you go any further I would hook up the city water to try and pinpoint where it is leaking. If it is leaking from the hot and cold knobs replace the rubber washer. It it is leaking from the plumbing you are first going to have to unscrew the hot and cold piping. Next, remove the trim from the top of the tub to reveal the four screws at the top of the tub. Unscrew those and lift the whole panel, fixture and all from the wall. You now should have enough room to work on the piping.

Eric Stone