PDA

View Full Version : Data source for older TMs

frankdamp
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
We're considering TM to tow behind a Kia Sedona minivan. On the more general RV web-sites, the "weight Nazis" throw a hissy fit when I even suggest it. The US market Sedona is rated to tow 3500 pounds. In Europe, the identcal vehicle is rated at 5200 pounds.

I'd like to find a source for information on the TM models going back maybe to 2000 model year, specifically overall sizes, empty weights, features and floor plans, so that we would know what a particular model looked like before we go dashing off to see one.

We're probably going to a bit of trolling round local campgrounds to talk to any TM owners we can find.

We had a couple of seasons with a 1985 Class C motorhome. Couldn't handle 7 mpg at sea level and 4.5 mpg in the mountains, or the tremendous amount of maintenance an old carburettor-equipped E350 Ford with a 460 motor needed. We were fortunate enough to off-load it while gas was still less than $2!

Love the RV lifesyle - anxious to get started again. It looks like a used TM would fill the bill.

Any info greatly appreciated as we begin our research.

Frank Damp
Anacortes, WA

grill-n-go
05-16-2007, 06:17 PM
There are folks on this board who are quite a bit more knowledgeable on the subject than I am. Having said that, I think there are members who tow TMs with vehicles rated at 3500 Lbs. Maybe a model 2619 or 2730 (w/o the front slide) would work for you. I think TM has been offering the aforementioned models for quite a while but maybe someone else will pipe in with more specifics. Info on these two models is available at trailmanor.com. You can also give Trailmanor a call directly and ask them when they started with these to models and what was available before that which would fit your your reqirements.

I do want to add one comment regading your vehicle. Because it is Front wheel drive you want to be sure and get a Weight Distribution Hitch.