PDA

View Full Version : Microwave and EU1000 generator

tipper
06-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Anyone using a lower power microwave with a Honda EU1000 generator?  This would be a microwave drawing <900 watts.

KB7OUR
06-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Tipper, we use a microwave with an eu2000i and it taxes the gen pretty good so I doubt you will be successful with the eu1000 unless the micro is very very low power.

Wade

tipper
06-27-2003, 07:31 AM
You're right.

I tried out the GE 0.7 cu ft., 700 watt that Walmart has currently for $43 but the
eu1000 couldn't sustain it.  

Thanks

Happytrails
06-28-2003, 10:34 AM
The thing you have to consider about *any* applience is not only the running wattage, but the startup wattage as it can run sometimes more than twice the rated wattage. When you first start up an air conditioner, microwave, etc it will draw a LOT more wattage than after it's running. Not to mention some generators are advertised at running a higher wattage than they actually do. For instance, mine was advertised as a 3100W generator, but after reading the manual, it's actual load limit is only 2600W. The 3100W is the max peak it can handle on such a startup. At any rate, it's enough to handle both my AC unit, and my 1100 watt microwave, I just wouldn't run them at the same time! If anyone's interested, it's a Chicago Tools brand with a honda engine in it purchased at Harbor Freight for only $600.00. I was just out there yesterday and took note they still have have them at that price. It's small, and portable as well. They have another model out there that's rated at over 4000w, for right around $500.00 I think, but it had a briggs and stratton engine in it, and it was a big gangly thing. I wanted something small that would fit nicely in the back of my Blazer. Anyway, hope this helps.......

Happytrails..........