PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink Cover

natur_lover
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
:new_newbi Hi, I've been reading the TM Forum for a while now and have to agree, there sure is lots of useful knowledge here as well as friendly folks :)

We've ordered a 2007 3023 and are awaiting delivery ... in the mean time, we've been looking at items to make it a little more comfortable. One of the things in which we were interested is a cover for the kitchen sink to make a little more counter space. But none of the covers seem to fit the sink. I called TM and they said the dimensions are 22 inches x 25 inches.

So my question is, has anyone found or come up with a kitchen sink cover?

Thanks for the help and Happy TM-ing to all!

Tami -N- Dan

Freedom
04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Here's a place that will make a cutting board what ever size you want. http://www.thecuttingboardfactory.com/

Bill & Lisa
04-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I was going to post a picture of the wire shelves we modifed to go over the sink but TexasCamper already put the link to my picture in his post!

Bill

natur_lover
04-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions ... I'm sure I'll find something that will work just fine. I'll probably wait until we get the trailer so I can take more exact measurements. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Thanks

Bill & Lisa
04-16-2007, 10:38 PM
imitation is the highest form of flattery.....I will be sure to let Lisa know. She will be tickled.

Bill

countrygirl
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
In a few weeks we will remodel my office at work...replace the small fridge...new paint and flooring...instead of throwing out 2 small plastic coated fridge shelves I saved them...and will measure them tomorrow...they might work in that area. They are like new...never used.

rjsmalley
04-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Texas Camper

Thanks for those photos of alternations you’ve made to your TM. Some great ideas for making life even easier in the TM. I have a question concerning the pull out shelf you made on what looks like all your cabinets. Where did you get the hardware, and do you feel you lost storage space in adding those?

Ray

rjsmalley
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Leon
That's a good idea as well. Any thing to save the need to crawl around to find and retrieve things is helpful.
Thanks

Bill & Lisa
04-19-2007, 08:51 AM
RJSMalley,
My wife Lisa did the pull outs pictured on the TM pics web page. you can get the wood and guides/rollers from Home Depot or Lowes. Overall you lose and inch of space on the bottom and the sides of the available opening BUT we cut plastic coated wire mesh to extend the height of the sides and back of the drawer. This allows us to stack more stuff higer on the slide and not have it fall over or slide about during travel. Overall result is we can put more in the available space, it stays in place and there is less chance for breakage.

Bill

P M Owl
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I am jealously guarding a stash of commercial soft drink plastic stackable "flats", which a friend of mine "liberated" for me (don't ask!).

I don't have them nearby right now to give you dimensions, but, as I recall, they are about the horizontal size of a commercial milk crate, and 3 of them stacked is a little taller than the height of a milk crate.

With a little careful planning, it is amazing how much shtuff (my wife's word, not mine . . . you figure it out) can be stored in easily accessible "layered" fashion this way.

Gary

P M Owl
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Leon,

I gotta get my full membership taken care of (I sluffed off carrying thru) because I don't think I can post photo's until then.
In the mean time, I'll remind myself to measure them, and post some dimensions, both individually, and in stacked configuration.

I'm sure you have probably seen them before (and maybe didn't register with you), possibly around a market or beverage store. They are the height of a 12 oz soft drink can, and will hold (I believe) 2 dozen cans.

My friend (and one-time supply source) operates a catering truck, and he graciously "liberated" about a dozen of them from his supplier. Unfortunately, that connection is no longer available to me, so my stash is jealously guarded.

Gary

rjsmalley
04-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Bill

Thanks for the information, it sounds like you both had all the bases covered with your design. Glad you mentioned what you can not see from the pictures.

Great ideas & tips from all - thanks.

Ray

Leslie & Nick
04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Whomever began this post - you have inspired me! :)

I think I'll make a sink cover for the TM - just like the 250K$ Class A's! I think there's a piece of Corian solid surface material that has been lurking in my garage for a few years now. My usual problem: Never wanted to throw it away because I might have need for it someday. Well that day has arrived!!:) I can't remember if piece is large enough, but it should be, as this was the waste piece left over when they cut out for the kitchen sink in the house.

Will post some pictures in a while.

Nick

Freedom
04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Our Corian pieces they cut up and made three cutting boards for us. The cutting boards are too small for the large sink in our 2619. I had the same thought! Too bad, because a Corian sink cover would have added some class! I hope your piece is big enough. I've been thinking about making something out of some nice plywood and stain it and put 3-4 coats of polyurethane on it.

PopBeavers
04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't need a sink cover. I need a sprayer, so DW can wash her hair in the sink.

CMarks
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I just bought a standard wire rack that fits inside a cookie sheet and placed it over the left half of the sink, fits perfectly and I use it for clean dishes to drip dry

natur_lover
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Nick,

Glad to be an inspiration and looking forward to seeing how your project turns out. Wish I had something like that I could use ...

Of course we're still waiting for our "baby". The anticipation is driving me nuts! I swear, waiting 9 months for each of our kids was easier :lol:

I finally broke down and called our dealer <again> cause I couldn't stand the wait ... apparently ours is getting shipped and hopefully will be there by the end of this week ... just can't wait to get my hands on the dang thing!

natur_lover
05-17-2007, 02:40 PM
We finally picked up our 3023 ... Yeahhhh! :new_smili

I measured the kitchen sink and on ours, the recessed part is 17" x 23" wide. I found a cutting board that measures 16" x 23" and ordered it ... I'll let you know how it works. If you want to see, I found Messermeister Wood Cutting Board, 16.00 in. x 23.00 in. at http://www.thebladeshop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2423.

Leslie & Nick
05-17-2007, 03:19 PM
We finally picked up our 3023 ... Yeahhhh! :new_smili

Well congratulations Natur_Lover on the new TM. You'll have a great time with it! I know you can't wait for that first trip :) That sink cover looks very nice.

Freedom: Re: Sink Cover Project :eek:
Well you know what they say about 'the best laid plans of mice and men'.
The good news is that after combing over the garage, I found the piece(s) of Corian left over from sink cut outs for the then new kitchen countertop. The bad news is that both pieces are too small to fit the TM sink, or be of much use for anything else, because they cut holes in the centers in order to start the edge cuts. I'll just have to find another material. Might see if I can find a small piece of laminate to match the TM countertop, or I might see if can 'score' a piece of Corian from a local installer. Or, I might just buy one like Natur_Lover did.

natur_lover
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Well it finally arrived today ... I couldn't wait to go out to the TM and try out the fit. I'd rate it as excellent! I showed my husband to get his opinion and he wanted to know if it was custom made! I highly suggest this as a solution to anyone wanting a little more "counter space".

Oh, and it matches the wooden stove cover I purchased from Camping World ... they look like they were made to match!

countrygirl
05-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Last night I surfed on to this pic while looking at TMs for sale.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/countrygirl32082/sinkcoverfortm.jpg