PDA

View Full Version : Camping Pals

Leslie & Nick
04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
These are the two camping dogs - Klondike and Aubie, on our first trip to Tennessee this year. They love that front bed of the TM! We picked a "good" weekend to go. Record low temperatures for April. Got down to about 15 degrees one night. It was in the mid 80's two weeks ago.

Water hose froze solid first night, but we managed to thaw it out later in the afternoon and use it to fill the 20 gallon onboard water tank, that is in the heated interior of the trailer. We were OK after that.

Saving grace: We had pulled the heated mattress pad off our bed at home and put it on one of the beds in the trailer (no, not the one the dogs sleep on ;) ) The heated pad made for two cozy nights sleep - I hated to put my bare feet on the floor in the morning!

Nick

2bcs1jrt
04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I love traveling with my dogs. I feel guilty when we leave them behind. They are the only reason we pull a trailer!
Cheri

PopBeavers
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Did you know that if you leave a wet wash cloth on the picnic table over night under freezing conditions that in the morning you have a perfectly good Frisbee? But only until it thaws.

You are a little more adventurous than I am, going camping in that weather. But then I am spoiled, living in California.

BrigCA61
04-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Oh I love your two pups and glad you stayed warm!! Brrrrr....

I completely agree with Cheri! Hey Cheri, we're taking our new adopted JRT to the JRTCA Trials this year... you ever go anymore? They have RV facilities at the Nevada County Fairgrounds.

Maybe we'll see you around sometime. Oh by the way, PopBeavers is collecting names for a possible Western States Outing... I hope you might be joining us if it works out.

Bob&Karen
04-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Where in TN did you go? It's been cold here (northeast TN) this past weekend. The weekend before, we went for our first trip of the year, and were already making plans for Easter weekend - until we saw the forecast! Actually had a dusting of snow on the ground Saturday morning - WAY too cold for this time of year.

Our three Bostons LOVE to go camping - mainly because they get to go for frequent 'potty walks'...

Leslie & Nick
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Where in TN did you go? It's been cold here (northeast TN) this past weekend. The weekend before, we went for our first trip of the year, and were already making plans for Easter weekend - until we saw the forecast! Actually had a dusting of snow on the ground Saturday morning - WAY too cold for this time of year. Our three Bostons LOVE to go camping - mainly because they get to go for frequent 'potty walks'...

We have some land between Pikeville and Dunlap. We had an RV "site" built with utility hookups. Eventually we'll build a house there. The Sequatchie Valley area is absolutely gorgeous especially in the spring and the fall. We'll be going there more frequently now that the weather is SUPPOSED to be warming up. You're right, this past weekend was not ideal for camping, but we'd have to wait a few more weeks if we didn't go when we did.

Our dogs love it up there too. There are several park like trails on the property. This is a really rural area, so they are never on their leashes. The big white dog makes it his business to find and jump in any puddle, pond, or lake he can find. He likes to be wet and muddy - what can I say? :) We make him stay outside the trailer until he dries up some.

Where in TN do you live?

Nick

Bob&Karen
04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Where in TN do you live?

Nick

We live in the Johnson City/Kingsport/Bristol area.

Catawbalea
04-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Woof