PDA

View Full Version : sleeping comfort

Smokeybear5150
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Hoping to get a trailmanor, I was wondering how stable the sleeping area's are. The reason I ask is we had a cabover camper for a VERY short time, everytime either one of us would turn over in bed the whole thing would rock even with the stablizers. It made me sea sick I am really hoping that this is not the case with the trailmanor, any comments will be appreciated..

:) Smokeybear5150

BrigCA61
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Agree with Leon... very stable, solid, yet also very comfortable too. I look forward to crawling in bed in the Trailmanor. Much better than I originally thought it would be when looking at buying the TM. We have the Queen bed and it seems bigger to me than a standard Queen

MidwestDave
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
We find the queen size bed very comfortable and roomy. I am 6'2" and wife 5' 6" both full figure people (I am 275) and we have no problem with movement in the structure of the bed. I like the idea of the fixed beds on either end too.

Midwest Dave:cool:
2006-2720
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan / tow package

kempert
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I sleep the best in the TM and this seems to be no matter where I am.

2bcs1jrt
03-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Ours is a double rather than a queen. We had a coleman pop up before this. The beds in the TM are more comfortable and a tad longer than the coleman so we don't have to sleep diagonally like we use to. I am 5'9 and DH is 6'. A piece of 1" memory foam does wonders but the trade off is that I used to be able to leave the comforter on the bed. Now, with the memory foam, it's a little tight when closing if I leave both so I stow the comforter.
Cheri

meriflower
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I would recommend going to your closest TM dealer and check out a model yourself. Ensure that stabilizers are down and try lying in the bunk while the other person moves about. That would be the true test for you to know if it will be an issue or not.

ragmopp
03-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Leon,

You brought up something I was wondering about. You mention that even while overnighting the bed feels firm. Does that mean you don't put the stabilizers down when still hitched up? And if so is there a reason not to put them down?

Mike Anderson

kempert
03-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Mike -

I can't answer for Leon, but for myself, I don't put down the stabilizer jacks when overnighting to simply save time. I do use the tongue jack to level the TM, if needed. That way when I'm ready to go in the morning, I just close down the TM and hit the road.

Kemper

Freedom
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
If we don't unhook the Jimmy, we level (front to rear) with the tongue jack and run the stabilizers down with a drill, but don't get into the accurate leveling as if we were going to be there for a while. Usually these over-nighters are in a military fam camp (which have concrete pads) or a Wal-Mart parking lot that is pretty level any way, so accurate leveling isn't necessary - except it has to be close for the refrigerator - but eyeball close is good enough. Once inside we decide which end of the bed is slightly higher and that becomes the head of the bed for that night.

ragmopp
03-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the tips on the stabilizers. It appears we could go either way (up or down) depending on the situation.

Mike Anderson