PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Tire Prices

Leslie & Nick
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I've been calling several local tire dealers this morning, looking for two Goodyear Marathons(ST215/75R14). Somewhat surprised at prices they're quoting - $124 to $109 each, including mounting. I had done some checking last summer, and as I recall prices were about $85/ea. Anyone bought these tires lately?

2bcs1jrt
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Im about to replace mine after our blow out. Big O is quoting $193 for both without mounting. Ours are 13 inch.
Cheri

wbmiller3
03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
The ones I bought after my dual blowout were over $100 each, but I wasn't in a position to do any comparison shopping :(

pbuck1
03-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Tirerack (www.tirerack.com) has them for $74 ea. I believe, but you have to add a few bucks more for shipping. If you're OK taking the wheels off and on yourself Costco should install and balance (including new valves) for around $12 ea.

-Paul

Leslie & Nick
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Tirerack (www.tirerack.com) has them for $74 ea. I believe, but you have to add a few bucks more for shipping. If you're OK taking the wheels off and on yourself Costco should install and balance (including new valves) for around $12 ea.-Paul

Thanks Paul. TireRack was originally on my "short list". The "dealbreaker" with TireRack though was the freight/shipping costs. By the time I added in the freight/shipping, taxes, tire fund fee, having to be home to sign for delivery of the tires by FedEx, then getting somone to mount the tires - it was't worth the few dollars I'd save, as compared to buying from a local Goodyear dealer. I wound up paying driveout price of $109 each, w/metal stems, which I still think is high, but that was the best price I could find around here. Anway, new tires are mounted on the TM, first trip is next weekend :)

Nick