PDA

View Full Version : Fall Creek Falls,Spencer Tn.

mikedixon
03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Everyone that owns a camper,tent,motorhome,or car needs to visit Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee.It is one of my favorite spots in the world.The prices are reasonable,there is a great golf course,huge swimming pool,an inn,lots of trails,etc. It's definately worth checking out,but it can get crowded at times.It is a favorite destination for a lot of folks.

countrygirl
03-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Very pretty area!

mikedixon
04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
A little update on Fall Creek Falls. They are renovating part of the camping spots.Around 1/2 of them are going to be closed until at least Nov.They are adding sewer and updated electrical to the sites,and building new bath houses. BTW, Fall Creek Falls is 1/2 price for military,and a discount for seniors,and state employees.

mikedixon
04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I almost agree with you about golf,but it means a lot to a lot of people.

Glenn in TN
04-06-2007, 03:05 PM
The golf course usually makes Golf Digest best public course list. We stayed there many years ago and I want to go back. It's a long way off of I40. We used it as a weekend stop on the way to the Smoky Mtns. The trail to the bottom of the main falls was closed that weekend for repairs. If you like waterfalls, you'll love this park! There are several.

We sometimes stop at Cumberland Mtn State Park on our way to the Smokies. It is just off I40 close to Crossville. It is not as pretty, but it is nice just the same.

buster
09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
If I listed my 10 favourite campsites in Canada and the USA, I'm pretty sure Fall Creek Falls would be on the list. It does partly depend upon which area you camp in. Bicycling and hiking are good. The water falls are lovely. The staff is pleasant.

jrai57
09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I think I read that Fall Creek Falls Camp Ground/Park area is closed to campers this year for renovation until early 2008.Might be good to call before planning a trip there.:)

Glenn in TN
09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Here is a link to the announcement of the renovations. It looks like some of the campground will be open, but without a reservation system and the popularity of the park, don't be suprised to show up and be turned away this fall. There are other parks that are somewhat close to Fall Creek Falls SP if you get turned away early enough. I know Edgar Evins SP is close and it is a "very" unique camping area!

http://state.tn.us/environment/parks/FallCreekFalls/pdf/campgroundrenovation.pdf