PDA

View Full Version : fold-down

cybervanner
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I am curious as to where the bunk mattresses go when the TM is folded up. Also, in the demonstrator at the RV show, I noticed that the wardrobe cabinet across from the bath is basically just sitting on top the lower cabinet. TM also has an optional cabinet above the sink/fridge countertop. Does this cabinet need to come down when the TM is folded up? If it does, then I may not be wanting that as an option. On the 2720SD, there's a cabinet between the dinette and the fridge. Since the dinette moves inwards during folding, does that one need to be moved as well?

edweidig
02-12-2007, 09:06 PM
The "bunk" mattress slides in over the bathroom which folds down, and the closet which slides toward the bathroom and then is hinged to lay on the floor. The kitchen cabinet lifts off the wall and is placed on the floor for travel. The whole thing takes about five to ten minutes to take down or set up.

meriflower
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing can be in the way on the walls when folding up or down. Meaning the wardrobe has to be slid out and put on the floor. The bathroom walls have to be folded down. Any upper cabinets have to be taken down. If you decide not to get the upper cabinets you will have hardly any upper storage except for the two at the very front which are permanent (attached to the wall/ceiling). The optional cabinet sitting on the floor on the 2720SD model will have to be moved to slide the dinette in. The vinyl seals will have to velcroed up onto the walls. And the beds slide inwards, just like a popup. And like a popup nothing can be in the way of the beds when in the "in" position. TrailManor website has a short video on setting the the camper up that might be helpful for you.

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Media/index.htm

Bill
02-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Just to be clear, the mattresses stay on the bunk, and the whole bunk slides in toward the center. You can leave a thin layer of bedding on top of the mattress when you fold the shells down, but nothing thick since the roof comes down quite tightly against the mattress. In our 2720SL, we leave a 1 -1/2" egg crate on the bed, along with top and bottom sheets and an electric blanket. With that much on the bed, a quilt is too much, so we remove the quilt and put it on the couch. Pillows are too thick, of course, so we stow them in the storage cabinet under the bed before we drop the wardrobe.

Re the hanging cabinets. When we got our first TM, the hanging cabinet was a new option, and our dealer advised us not to get it, since it was awkward to lean over the sink and lift it off the hangers. That turned out to be bad advice, and on our second TM, we opted for the hanging cabinet. We carry only lightweight stuff in it - paper napkins, paper plates and silverware, plastic cups, martini glasses, and so forth, and it is not a hard lift at all. And all this "fluffy" paper stuff would take a lot of space elsewhere, so this has been a good option for us.

Bill

PopBeavers
02-13-2007, 09:12 AM
We keep plastic dishes in the cabinet over the sink. While I would not say that it was light, I have no trouble lifting it up. But I certainly would not put cast iron cookware in it.

The wardrobe does not need to be lifted. It will slide on its hinge to the center isle. This will take two hands but it is not heavy. Then it hinges down to the floor. You can do this with one hand. There is a handle on the top of the wardrobe.

We we looked at the TM 2 years ago at a show, DW was skeptical. Then the dealer let her open and close the TM by herself. That convinced her. She was concerned about being able to close it down to go home if I were to get ill.

We are going to an RV show this weekend. One of the things I want to take a look at is the cabinet over the stove. I think I want to add one, but am not inclined to build one myself. Has anyone else added one? I don't understand how it attaches to the wall. Do the cabinet brackets just attach with sheet metal screws? That doesn't sound very strong.

PopBeavers
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Leon,

Exactly my thoughts. Buy it from the factory and install it myself.

My dealer, Dinuba RV, will be at the show in Sacramento this weekend. I intend to get a goos look see at the cabinet over the stove. I already have the one over the sink. I know that I won't be able to stack the two, but I still have some room on the floor.

Going camping for the first time this year. Meeting my brother near Rio Vista, location of Dinuba RV, and just about 40 miles from the RV show.