PDA

View Full Version : Best camping experience we've had so far!

mytlamb
01-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys and Girls,

Just got home from camping at Lake Jennings in San Diego.Wow this place is really serious about having a nice facility.Wish we would have stayed longer,we just wanted to check it out for one day.We liked it so much that we made reservations for week ending 2/23. Facilities and campsites were clean, staff was friendly,and word has it that the fishing is not bad either.We will be at site 52.If anybody gets a chance to get away stop by and say hey. Very peaceful and quiet.Weve been away from the forum for awhile,but we are back now.
See Ya!
<\\><Danny><//>

shunter917
02-04-2007, 01:41 PM
We camped at Lake Jennings for a week last September (06). The only problem was it the heat - there was a heat wave that week! Not too bad, though. The AC in the TM works really well!

It is a nice place and pretty easy to get to, as well.

Pat255
06-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Hi I am new to camping.... would like to know most camping grounds charge by day or one can rent for week/month etc .. Also I wonder whether the camping ground provide security if u leave your trailer for a day or 2 to see something else... no vandalism etc ... any comments would be much apprecaited

Many thks

Travler
06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi I am new to camping.... would like to know most camping grounds charge by day or one can rent for week/month etc .. Also I wonder whether the camping ground provide security if u leave your trailer for a day or 2 to see something else... no vandalism etc ... any comments would be much apprecaited

Many thks

Most of them rent by the day/week/month you will just have to check with the specific camp ground to find out. as for security most of the ones I've been to have no security . I would suggest you find some type of locking mechanism for either your tounge hitch or some kind of locking boot for your fifth wheel tire..if you plan on being gone for more than a day. :cool:

Virginia Deacon
06-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Over the 40-plus years we've been campers, from tenting to TrailManoring, we've only had one incident of theft - about 30 years ago. Someone in a coach stole our Coleman stove and lantern, while we were sightseeing. More seriously, we camped at a nearby campground with "security" and felt in serious danger from the folks "security" let in to their onsite "road house." Those roudies were (literally) whooping it up and racing their pickups and motorcycles until two o'clock in the morning - less than 100 yds. from where we were camped. We were expecting gunshots at any time. Left at daybreak.

We could have let those two bad incidents overshadow hundred or more great times we've had. But, we decided not to. Camping has been a great way to see this great country of ours, meet special families and individuals, and share food, stories.

I know that there are folks out there who will take whatever they can get their hands on, but the "security" in camping comes from watching out for each other and enjoying the experience in the meantime.

Happy Camping! :)