PDA

View Full Version : Making changes to Profile

Scopegeek
11-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Moderators:

I've noticed that some members have customized Avatars, but I only seem to be able to choose one of the cartoon type Avatars. Is there a trick or limitation to having a customized Avatar?

Thanks,

Freedom
11-11-2006, 12:17 AM
You need to go into your "User CP" at the top of the page. Once there you click on "Edit Avatar" and then click on "Use Custom Avatar" and brouse to the picture you want to use. It needs to be fairly small - 500 X 100 or less than 19.5 KB - whichever is less. Hope this helps even if I'm not a moderator!

CAmark
11-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Way to keep the great "culture" of this board going Leon...mark

Scopegeek
11-11-2006, 12:09 PM
That must be a feature available only to full-fledged members, because Custom Avatar isn't available as a choice.

My member application and dues haven't been received yet. I've gotten so used to doing things on-line that I'm not used to snail mail any longer.

Thanks - will wait until I'm a full member.

Freedom
11-11-2006, 03:28 PM
The easiest way to become a member quickly is to use PayPal for the dues. That's what I did and it only took about 6 hours!

Scopegeek
11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks, Jim. After the last posting, I found the Pay Pal route and used it. My access changed almost immediately. I've added a picture to my signature that isn't showing up yet, though. We'll give it a day or so, but I'm content right now.