PDA

View Full Version : Screen House

MMARFISI
08-07-2001, 06:28 AM
Do any of you fine folks have the screen house that is available for the TM?  We looked at ordering one from Fiamma but they want over $600.  I told them I wanted a sreen room not an addition to my house.  We have ordered a set of the Rapid Poles and will make our own screen room.  I would like to talk to anyone that has one so I can pick your brain as to how the poles attach to the TM etc.

Thanks
Mike

arknoah
08-22-2001, 09:19 AM
Actually, we would be interested in knowing how you put it together as well.  So far, all we've done is purchase a separate little screenhouse in which we can put the picnie table, but I would like to have one to attach to the trailer.  

The only general drawback I see is that it couldn't be very wide, since our awnings only cover the front half of the trailer: conventional trailers can have much wider widths!

If you make progress on this project, I hope you will post the results and method here.  Good luck!

F. J. & Ellen

MMARFISI
08-26-2001, 02:09 PM
We called Fiama and bought a set of the Rapidset poles for the screen house.  /this set cost about $90. They mount on each end of the awning and extend up the side of the trailer and out to the end of the awning.  The screen room comes in 3 pieces. two ends have sleeves across the top that slide over the poles and the front section that mounts to the front rail of the awning in a track.  The parts then zip together to form the complete room.  We ordered the hardware from Fiama and are making the screen room ourselves.  Cherry has made one before with great success so we see no problem in making one that will work with the TM for less than half the cost.  We will keep you posted on the progress.