PDA

View Full Version : radio shack am/fm/cd/weather band

09-17-2001, 12:59 PM
i read were someone was able to install a radio shack am/fm/cd/weather band system in their tm. i have seen the system and like it. the cost is $169.00 which i feel is not to out of line with my limited budget.

my tm is already pre-wired and has speakers. if anyone could give me tips on installing i would appreciate it.

09-18-2001, 01:33 PM
We added this radio to our new 2720.  When you remove the cover just above the fridge all the wires necessary are there.  I added a small on/off switch, also from Radio Shack so the radio can be turned completely off.  It gets rather warm, and the lighted front panel is a little bright at night.

The radio works great!  Weather band is especially useful.  We have found that the left speaker is not working, still trying to track down the short!

:)

hal
09-19-2001, 01:07 AM
Paul,  being that we would up camping amid tornados a couple times, we had a radio installed that is has a weather band.  It was not a radio Shack radio and cost more.  Our consideration, would be go the extra expense again?  Probably not.  Almost always, we are out of reach of the NOA broadcaster.  We installed an amplifyer (about $15.00 from Pep Boys) and our weather band is still quiet.  We feel ours is a good radio but the range of NOA falls short.  On a previous trailer, I installed an antennae to hook into a separate weather.  Results had been the same.  We haven't revisited the tornado haunts (located in Nebraska and Kansas) so we aren't sure how strong the NOA signal is and if the radios would receive the signal.

There are about six broadcasting stations (more on the way) that are scattered across the nation.  They are not very strong.

Hal

09-19-2001, 03:40 AM
:) thanks yall! will attempt to install before scheduled trip to the great smokies in early oct.