PDA

View Full Version : Outside noise

jeffangie
09-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I am considering buying a Trailmanor, I was wondering about outside noise, I have been in standard popup campers and could hear everything outside (crickets,people talking,radios). In standard hard sided campers this does not seem to be a problem. Does the trail manor compare to a hard sided camper. Or does all the outside noise find its way in?

countrygirl
10-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I had wondered about this too. So...if you are camping near a highway...do you hear the traffic at night?

2bcs1jrt
10-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Of course it is not 100% sound proof. Neither is your house, but believe me, if you are coming from a tent trailer, as we did, it is soooo much better. And the insulation from cold is really nice.
Cheri

jeffangie
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks for your quick replys!

countrygirl
10-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Country Girl...
If you're in an RV park, close to the interstate, there will be 18 wheelers passing 24/7. If you're sleeping with your windows open, you will hear noise. If you've got the windows closed, less noise. With the windows closed and the a/c on, even less noise, but the a/c will hum. When we were tenting, the first night out was always a difficult time for me to get to sleep. The second night, I was usually exhausted, so sleep came easier. With the pop-up, away from the highway it was quieter and the mattress was good. We have a 1 inch eggcrate foam on the TM beds and that, combined with the hard sides, I get to sleep quickly, even on the first night out.....
hth....

Thanks Leon! We really want a Trailmanor....one of these days we need to either pull our Outback Sydney over to Alachua or give them a call and see what can be worked out.

hal
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I consider the soundproofing of the trailer by closing the windows and playing my radio at a comfortable (for inside) loudness. With the windows closed, and standing just outside I cannot hear the radio. So, I realize that I am not bothering my camping neighbors with my entertainment.

Hal