PDA

View Full Version : places to see in texas

Itaricans
09-19-2006, 03:50 PM
hello everyone.
the dw and i are planning on taking the grandkids (13 & 9) both girls, to Dallas Tx, leaving oct 26, of course i said i wanted to see good grades prior to anything, so we are thinking of the ripley`s museum and the planetarium, my wife wants to visit this huge flea markets they have, i never been there, i`m from brooklyn nyc, transplanted to kc mo, via nj, so i`m lost. so anyone has any ideas of places to visit? also, i have a set of walkie talkies (frs) that i take with us when we go camping, is there a channel that rver`s use or do they use the cb band, (wich i`m thinking of buying) and what channel? thanks for any help you guys can give me. louie :new_gmorn

TexasThunder
09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Here is a link to the biggest flea market I know of in Texas:
It can take days to cover it. Its about an hour from Dallas.
Pay special attention to the dates it runs, its not open every weekend.
http://www.firstmondaycanton.com/modules/content/index.php?id=1

Itaricans
09-20-2006, 08:32 AM
thanks a lot to texas camper and thunder, i`ll keep this on this my list, they look like places the kids would like. thanks again. louie.

edweidig
09-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Between Dallas and Ft. Worth on IH30 is a whole area of attractions. Six Flags, a wax museum, The Stadium, and many more. West End in Dallas, near the "Grassy Knoll" is popular, but it is more of an adult playground in the evenings.