PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy 3326

09-27-2001, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am sitting on the fence about buying a 2001 3326King. Does the tandem axle alleviate the tire blowout concerns? Is the TrailManor worth the extra $$$$$
I would really appreciate it if you would share with me your thoughts/impression/opinions/suggestions etc. My tow vehicle is a 1997 Expedition 4WD 5.4V8 with auto leveling. Do you recommend an equalizing hitch etc ????  
I live in Northern California and expect most of my travels to be in the Western US.

09-27-2001, 06:39 PM
Hi Chip

I bought my 3326 for a couple reasons. At my dealer, the 3326 really wasn't much more expensive than the 3124. In my opinion, and my opinion only, there is good and bad with single verses tandem axles. I do not believe two is always better, but, with a dry weight of over 3000lbs, I felt better having tandem axles under it. But, that's just me.

I liked the tv cabinet of the 3124, but I liked having the oven on the same side as the sink as in the 3326. So, I bought the 3326, and a cabinet from the 3124 from the factory. Since there is only two of us, I pulled the chair out, and keep it in my basement. (more room in the camper). Now I have the layout I liked, plus more than enough room.

About towing it with your truck, I can only relate to you how my truck does. I use a Tundra, and towed it home from the dealer, (about 200 miles), without an equalizing hitch or sway control with no problem at all. I mean, it towed really great. Since then, I went with an Equal-i-zer brand hitch, (with built in sway control), for piece of mind only. For me, better safe than sorry. But, again, that's just me.

I do know that I would hate myself if I told you that you didn't need some sort of sway control and equalizing hitch, and that "something" happened, and you crashed you rig, and hurt, (or heaven forbid, killed), yourself or someone else. So, I will just say, my truck towed fine, but I bought the stuff anyway. What you do, is of course, up to you.

I don't know if you are conserned about the power of your truck or not, but I bet your 5.4 won't even break a sweat. My Tundra has a 4.7, and power has never been an issue, and it gets 13 mpg while towing. Your 5.4 will tow anything TrailManor has to offer.

Sorry to get so windy, just trying to help.

Mack

hal
09-28-2001, 12:35 AM
Chip, you might wish to take a look at the past discussion pertaining to the equalizing hitch on page two of this  section of General Discsussion.  Your question is on page 1.  Take a look at page 2.

09-28-2001, 06:17 AM
I own a 3124, and I think it is great...you do have two less tires to worry about, and I like the floorplan better (bigger kitchen, and tv cab). I assume the single axle is ok if you aren't going to exceed the GVWR. I think trailmanors are the best, however, I would never buy one new. I bought mine used (1999) a couple of months ago, for about half the price of a new one, and in just a couple of years of use you can see how the collapsing of the shells adds a bit of wear, I personally would have never paid 25K + for it. If you have the money, go ahead, but I'd buy a used one - then again, I don't believe in buying anything new that depreciates.

Good Luck!

10-07-2001, 03:22 PM
Chip,
I believe we saw the 3326 you are interested in. Is it in Indiana? We were travelling through Indianapolis last weekend and stopped at an RV dealer that had a TM. Turns out it was a used 2001 that had a deposit on it from somebody in Calif. We remembered your thread and wondered if it was you. The trailer is wonderful, however, somebody on the lot had backed another trailer into it and put a major gash in the end . The dealer said it was going to be repaired. If this is the one you were dealing on you may want to make sure the repair is properly done. Your e-mail was hidden, so had to contact you on the forum. Feel free to e-mail us.